House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Constant Bombardment.

It's not let up for the last month....The independent ( from the people ) Bank Of England never off the TV, telling us rates will go up, rates wont go up, rates will be 2.5% rates will be below 5%. The government saying there is no bubble despite there being an obvious bubble.

It's constant, day in day out.

They are trying to talk the London mega bubble down gently. I'd wager if it starts to collapse they re-instant FLS and remove MMR within weeks.

The stark reality remains....House prices are just too high and the cost of living unaffordable for most.

The British government dont seem to want to address this, what is the most important issue for the majority of British people.

Foe me this constant battering of the people with this "news" is a sure sign they are desperate.

Who do we vote for to stop this ?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Can't disagree with any of the above.

Need to create a new party to vote for though. One that is for the average person rather than the landowners. One that makes the landowners pay the taxes rather than the workers.

The problem is "House Prices" are the UK economy.

Well, their way up pushing up the GDP figures and their taxation.

This is not going to end well for any of us this time.

It's not let up for the last month....The independent ( from the people ) Bank Of England never off the TV, telling us rates will go up, rates wont go up, rates will be 2.5% rates will be below 5%. The government saying there is no bubble despite there being an obvious bubble.

It's constant, day in day out.

They are trying to talk the London mega bubble down gently. I'd wager if it starts to collapse they re-instant FLS and remove MMR within weeks.

The stark reality remains....House prices are just too high and the cost of living unaffordable for most.

The British government dont seem to want to address this, what is the most important issue for the majority of British people.

Foe me this constant battering of the people with this "news" is a sure sign they are desperate.

Who do we vote for to stop this ?

In a way I quite like it. Lots of mixed messages, although obviously I don't like the messages where owners claim BoE is telling us to expect 20% more HPI.

Lot of bad cop good cop going on, which I hope overall means at some point they'll let the market do what it has to do.

But the moves could become a language, and Gurgeh thought he could speak that language now, well
enough (tellingly) to lie in it… so he made his moves, and at one moment, with one move, seemed to be
suggesting that he had given up… then with his next move he appeared to indicate he was determined to
take one of several players down with him… or two of them… or a different one… the lies went
on. There was no single message, but rather a succession of contradictory signals, pulling the syntax of
the game to and fro and to and fro until the common understanding the other players had reached began
to fatigue and tear and split.
The Player of Games
-Iain M Banks.