House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

Land Registry - Full Report May

As I remarked earlier this month, there was no monthly rise when comparing the original April number (which has now been revised down).

Five of the ten regions show a month-on-month decline, although there's a lot of noise in the LR numbers.

I've been working my way through the price-paid data this morning - remarkable gains in London, even compared to 2007 prices.

LR_June2014a.gif

Hmmm, that's interesting.... asking prices for 3 bed semis (which could be considered an average house) in my area match exactly the LR average house price for the same area. Makes you wonder if EAs price them accordingly....

Anyone else found that where you are?

Yet again Lincolnshire is showing a % increase on a par with the home counties, and yet again it bears no resemblance to what I'm seeing on the ground :unsure:

I can only assume that sales in the south of the county are pulling up the average, or perhaps that volumes are so small that the average is being distorted? Almost nothing is selling where I am (north of Lincoln).

The latest data has now been incorporated in http://houseprices.io if anyone wants to explore the details. There does seem to be a lot more green in evidence this month I regret to say.

Mixture round my way, most notable thing was the volume, one page of results for May (may not have gone to end of the month, but last was 20 something of May) and there were 3 or four pages worth for April.

I am looking at places in the 500-700 range and it would appear that there are way more houses being out on for these asking prices than are being sold at these prices.

Mixture round my way, most notable thing was the volume, one page of results for May (may not have gone to end of the month, but last was 20 something of May) and there were 3 or four pages worth for April.

I am looking at places in the 500-700 range and it would appear that there are way more houses being out on for these asking prices than are being sold at these prices.

Isn't there often quite a lag between the date of sale and it being reported at the LR?

Isn't there often quite a lag between the date of sale and it being reported at the LR?

Usually about 2 1/2 - 3 months, from my frequent experience of having to wait for a good old nose as to what something sold for.