House Price Crash Forum

Hpc Members Meet-Up 2014

DTMark

HOLA441

XYY is now on the 'list'...

Wow - I' m down for both North and Sarf get-togethers now...!

Please don't organise them both on the same day Joan and Mark, otherwise I'll have to pull off some sort of 'Phil Collins plays at both Live Aid concerts' kinda shite.

And don't forget that talent-less baldy bastad had Concorde, whereas I've only got a 9 yr-old Hyundai Getz...!

We're all pretty hard-core down here. I can even neck a few Budweisers, or at a push perhaps a Heineken or two ;)Yes, it's fine.

Cool - Mrs XYY will, of course, drink the pair of us under the table...!

;)

XYY

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

Pertinent to XYY Man's post above - will co-ordinate with "Up Norf" since I might go to that one too.

Date to be announced in the next few days.

If you've sent me a PM - haven't forgotten or ignored it, more to follow.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA444
  • 1 month later...
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

The odd thing is, I would to meet a lot of you! I have been "here" quite some time, and I like the familiar voices I know!

So come along then!

Seriously, it was a laugh! I'm a drunken idiot and still made a good friend out of it!

HOLA4412

I am impressed with the 'reserved' tag on the table. Looks like a professional meeting of a bunch of... nutjobs.

Yeah but check out my ******ing beige trousers, bottom right. If I was a proper mentalist they'd have been red, obviously. Sanity prevailed.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Just to apologise again. We've had a death in the family.. An uncle that I did not know well. I'm fine, but this happened the last time I went to organise a meet up a year ago :( more info (about the event) soon.

same uncle?....sounds like an excuse.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

same uncle?....sounds like an excuse.

My mother's other brother this time. Mind you she has only spoken with him once in about 25 years, which might cause you to correctly infer that there are two somewhat separate factions to our family. That's why nobody is what you might call 'devastated' :) All done now.

I wasn't there but is the person picking up the glass DTMark?

That would be me.

--

OK then - you should all have a Private Message now.

Just need choice of date and indication of whether or not you might like to stay over at the venue.

Last year's event was quite well attended (8 people for a local meet) and by all accounts everyone had a good time and didn't feel the need to rush off after half an hour - indeed time flew past quite quickly; had more people stayed over, more drink would have flowed, but then we all have busy lives.

In case you were curious, although there was some economics discussion - from what I remember, anyway (!) - the event was casual and friendly. A table was reserved for us in the corner of the bar with comfy seats and some travelled quite some distance.

Nothing commits you to coming. We're all busy. What I want to do is to establish which is the best date that works for the most people and if enough are interested for the event to go ahead.

If you don't have a private message and you haven't expressed any interest then just do so in this thread or PM me.

If you have expressed an interest and haven't got a PM it is not "personal". It is because I'll have inadvertently missed you. Again just reply here or PM me.

Will collate the responses and issue an update.

• 4 weeks later...
HOLA4418

Hi DTM, I would like to attend as well; I live only 10 mins to the south east from the venue of the last one.

I have been reading HPC for over a year (mods can probably see how much I have read / viewed) but not posted an awful lot, but firmly believe in the HPC ethos.

I don't think I can PM.

Cheers, HP72

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Hi DTM, I would like to attend as well; I live only 10 mins to the south east from the venue of the last one.

I have been reading HPC for over a year (mods can probably see how much I have read / viewed) but not posted an awful lot, but firmly believe in the HPC ethos.

I don't think I can PM.

Cheers, HP72

Mods have now upgraded your account so you can PM

HOLA4421
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA4422

I'll catch up on any other stuff tomorrow, has been a while since I've been here.

So sorry about my absence - I've had a lot going on, each time I think I'm going to get to seeing to this, something else has come up.

We have decided we're going to be emigrating (Holland) and we have to be available for interviews at very short notice which means that I can't promise that I'll be available to attend the meet up, and the organiser has to be available, plus we have some other family stuff going on which has me running back and forth to Essex.

Would anyone else care to take on sorting it out.. I can send you over the details of where we went last time if need be, there has been quite a bit of interest and if I can come then I will, too. Will take you about an hour or so with the private messenger..

HOLA4423

We have decided we're going to be emigrating (Holland)

Congratulations, I hope it will work out well for you. B)

Soon this will become and expat-only forum... ;)

(I'm writing this from Germany where I have now moved to after some years in Switzerland)

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived