House Price Crash Forum

Hpc Members Meet-Up 2014

DTMark

HOLA441

Anyone up for a repeat of last year?

I organised a meet-up for members which took place in early August in the Hampshire/Surrey border area.

That thread is here:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=190055

This went well and I think everyone enjoyed themselves.

Would you like another?

We did quite well with the group size for a local meet.

If we go for one this year, it will be in a similar location and I do realise that this rather restricts who can attend given travelling distances so I apologise in advance if it's too far to sensibly travel; there isn't much I can do about that.

On the other hand, I can help you organise accommodation if you want to stay overnight: with these things, it's tempting to drive on the basis that you can "escape" should it not be to your liking, but, I think the feeling last time was that had more people stayed, more beer would have flowed and people would have been able to stay later.

If you're interested post a reply so I can gauge interest and take it from there and sort it out.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Sorry, can't get a new passport in time and that ruddy bridge toll is crippling nowadays. I always get the urge to jump off it anyhow. Therapy didn't work.

I hoe that you will have a little sign with 'The Masked Tulip' neatly written on it in black felt pen. Whilst you are there I will be.... down the beach...

:-)

Ruddy London centric HPCers - what about a meet-up overseas? Perhaps Scotland in October?

HOLA4410

Sorry, can't get a new passport in time and that ruddy bridge toll is crippling nowadays. I always get the urge to jump off it anyhow. Therapy didn't work.

I hoe that you will have a little sign with 'The Masked Tulip' neatly written on it in black felt pen. Whilst you are there I will be.... down the beach...

:-)

Ruddy London centric HPCers - what about a meet-up overseas? Perhaps Scotland in October?

Scotland is shut in October! I appreciate many of us are not near "the Smoke"! I have never met any of you "virtual philosophers" here!

HOLA4411

I met up last year sometime. My first internet meet. My children have done lots of "internet safety" lessons at school and were aghast; "you don't know who they are! they might be paedos!". I'm happy to report that I had an interesting evening and no one "did a Jimmy" on me.

HOLA4412

I met up last year sometime. My first internet meet. My children have done lots of "internet safety" lessons at school and were aghast; "you don't know who they are! they might be paedos!". I'm happy to report that I had an interesting evening and no one "did a Jimmy" on me.

Well, actually there is a certain age, when you are not going to be targeted by paedophiles! I have passed that age, and I guess you have too, as you are allowed to drive!

HOLA4413

^ :lol: Mr Pin, you make me laugh. B)

I think that the Off Topic Forum should be renamed 'The Forum of Pin' as you seem to hang around here a lot (with your left handed guitar). ;)

As for the meet - sound interesting. :unsure:

HOLA4414

Well, actually there is a certain age, when you are not going to be targeted by paedophiles! I have passed that age, and I guess you have too, as you are allowed to drive!

I was allowed to drive stuff from the age of six...thus a target for paedos and allowed to drive!

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I had a whale of a time at the last one- within about half an hour I'd crudely insulted DL for his interesting European accent. I had a guess at GPS' line of business that was good enough to make him clam up. JTB turned up determined to preserve his anonymity, but I outed him in 2 minutes because of hints he'd dropped, and because of his similarity to his chosen forum avatar. I chatted a bunch of ******** to the very lovely C&B, and still failed to persuade him to share my hotel room rather than drive through the night back up north. And then I ended the night making firm promises to Mark that we'd do a gay clubbing night in London, which never quite happened- we set a date late last year but I woke up with a stonking hangover and had to cancel...and then the next week his cat of 18 years died :( .

So yeah, I'm well up for it, but I'll understand if I'm not invited back! :lol:

HOLA4417

To be fair, I didn't feel great on the day we were meant to go out, either, and it just hasn't materialised - nobody's "fault" ;)

I am sure we can make it happen at some point.

Of course you're invited, as is everyone. I'll let this run a little longer and then look at venues.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I'll see if the Moderators can pin this and we can try to get some more people interested.

I have a dental implant pending, so it might be a little later this year as I anticipate spending several weeks in agony.

In the meantime - let us all know if you're interested.

As before, post a reply or drop me a PM.

This doesn't commit you to anything. We all have busy lives.. but will mean I include you on the list of people to get the information.

I'm sure most people know, but we did have a nut-job on the forum affectionately known as 'Bruno' and for that reason and others, the detail of the date and venue will only be sent by private message to interested parties.

Should you have any particularly special needs, send me a message - would rather you did that than simply not come along. I won't be divulging anything you say to me, to anyone else.

I did enjoy last year's one, time seemed to fly by really quickly, so I'll probably stay overnight at the venue this year rather than slope off home to bed ;)

HOLA4420

I have a dental implant pending, so it might be a little later this year as I anticipate spending several weeks in agony.

I did enjoy last year's one, time seemed to fly by really quickly, so I'll probably stay overnight at the venue this year rather than slope off home to bed ;)

My mum's just had one and she was fine, just irritated by the fact that the dentist put a pre-moulded set of four in, rather than three to match the opposing side where she had her premolars out as a youngish kid, so now her mouth's out of whack! :rolleyes:

You did fine at the last one stamina wise, TBH if we'd pushed on any longer my ride home on the scooter would have been outright dangerous rather than just unnerving... :ph34r:

(Expression of interest in case it wasn't clear :P )

HOLA4421

I'm just getting over the infection from the extraction. Lovely. I can't wait for the next stage. I'll probably have to wear a denture while it beds in so if some of my teeth come flying out onto the table on the night, don't say you weren't warned ;)

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived