House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StuG III

False Rape Accusations - Feminists Outraged!

So a woman makes false allegations of rape against a chap

Brooker's former partner Paul Fensome, a railway signalman, was held behind bars for 37 days after she accused him of a string of rapes and assaults. While in custody, Fensome was held in a secure wing after rumours went around that he was a paedophile.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jun/26/trainee-barrister-jailed-false-rape-claims

Feminists are up in arms!

There were cries of "Shame" and "Miscarriage of justice"

About the fact that she has been jailed!

Basically this is an extension of the feminist agenda that any man accused of rape should be convicted on the basis of the accusation alone, but women who pervert the course of justice by ruining men's lives with false allegations of rape should not be punished because of reasons.

Brooker initially told police she had made false accusations. But when she was charged with perverting the course of justice she retracted her confession. She was found guilty of 12 offences relating to false allegations of five rapes, six assaults and one false imprisonment.

The nice ladies should put their tops back on and their lighters away.

The false accuser was jailed for perverting the course of justice. As a trainee barrister she should have been well aware of the seriousness of the offence.

Not one accusation but 5 FFS.

All the poutcry (that was a typo - but it suits!) is about the effect it may have on other "victims". Not a word about how this guy's life has been trashed. IIRC, the arrest and imprisonment stay on the record, disqualifying you for many jobs.

Before I clicked on the article I presumed they were against the imprisonment as it would stop women who have lied retracting their statements for fear if being prosecuted but unfortunately that is not the case. Maybe in cases such as this there should be some sort of cooling off period for retracting a statement without any major consequence so if a false accusation is mate the women involved may be more likely to admit the truth.

Before I clicked on the article I presumed they were against the imprisonment as it would stop women who have lied retracting their statements for fear if being prosecuted but unfortunately that is not the case. Maybe in cases such as this there should be some sort of cooling off period for retracting a statement without any major consequence so if a false accusation is mate the women involved may be more likely to admit the truth.

Great idea - I am gonna go around accusing people of child abuse and retracting it a few days later with no recourse - why not ?

You cant pick and choose laws to suit. Otherwise the whole thing is ******ed.

Great idea - I am gonna go around accusing people of child abuse and retracting it a few days later with no recourse - why not ?

You cant pick and choose laws to suit. Otherwise the whole thing is ******ed.

I don't mean no recourse there would still have to be some. maybe a reduced penalty would encourage the women who have lied to change their minds quickly, I can imagine many if them regret lying but never come forward with fear if a 3 year sentence like in the example above.

Burds are mental. It really is that simple.

At a ripe, seasoned, 48, i can only concur. Particularly French ones.

I still have the note telling me what a good time she had.

Justin Case.

There was anger from women's rights campaigners who claimed that such severe sentences would put off rape victims from going to the police for fear they could face prosecution if allegations were not proven. There were cries of "Shame" and "Miscarriage of justice" as Brooker's sentence was handed down.

That first sentence is a valid point if it were true, but people aren't jailed for failing to prove their case, they are jailed for malicious lies.

If I could be jailed for not being a rapist, what's the harm in starting now?

Everyone needs a hobby!

Still, the lady in question doesn't look worthy of having sex with!

If I could be jailed for not being a rapist, what's the harm in starting now?

Everyone needs a hobby!

Still, the lady in question doesn't look worthy of having sex with!

She's the antidote. To wean you away from it if you're addicted. Think ccc .....

Though after this, if it were your word against hers about some future event, ....

All the poutcry (that was a typo - but it suits!) is about the effect it may have on other "victims". Not a word about how this guy's life has been trashed. IIRC, the arrest and imprisonment stay on the record, disqualifying you for many jobs.

Certainly does. Good one!

The incredible thing about the original article is absolutely no one is saying she should have been prosecuted for ruining someone elses life and Putting them in danger.

It's like you're not allowed, in this case, to use it as a valid reason for prosecuting someone making false accusations and perverting the course of justice. Its not a good enough reason. So we revert to 'protecting future victims of rape' etc. If there was a crime here, thats the only one we're allowed to talk about, the only one that really matters. Move along. ..nothing to see :)

P

The invisible elephant, painted in tiger stripes. Every time we have one of the these prosecutions for falsifying sexual assault claims, we get the "....must protect the victims" speech, never mind that the REAL victim is the falsely accused man. In some cases, this is not just life-altering, but life ending.

A woman drove a man to suicide by crying rape and forced a second innocent man to consider taking his life after falsely accusing him of a similar sex attack.

Despite being exposed in court as a serial liar, legal restrictions mean the 21-year-old woman can never be identified.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1280926/Student-cleared-rape-emerges-second-man-committed-suicide-falsely-accused-woman.html

I cannot find if the woman in this case was brought to court for perjury and PTCoJ.

At a ripe, seasoned, 48, i can only concur. Particularly French ones.

I still have the note telling me what a good time she had.

Justin Case.

I still have a series of text messages and a two way recorded phone conversation as insurance from a girl who turned out to be mental.

It's a bit of a passion killer when you realize 'this person's whole personality changes from one moment to the next' and that they have the potential to ruin your life. And more to the point, seem to be making occasional threats to do so.

It's been two years, but I still have the recording. I'll probably still have it in 20 years. Just in case...

I still have a series of text messages and a two way recorded phone conversation as insurance from a girl who turned out to be mental.

It's a bit of a passion killer when you realize 'this person's whole personality changes from one moment to the next' and that they have the potential to ruin your life. And more to the point, seem to be making occasional threats to do so.

It's been two years, but I still have the recording. I'll probably still have it in 20 years. Just in case...

you should go and lodge it with a lawyer, and make a statement. you never know when you will lose the stuff.