House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Please Don't Defecate In The Hallway

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=229131

An Illustration of Private .vs. Government Employment

I will say this much -- At any private employer if this was happening everyone involved would be instantly fired. No ifs, ands or buts, and no apologies either.

It appears, however, that a regional office has reached a new low: Management for Region 8 in Denver, Colo., wrote an email earlier this year to all staff in the area pleading with them to stop inappropriate bathroom behavior, including defecating in the hallway.

Pleading?

And you wonder what the government does with your money?

They pay people to pretend to work who are actually taking a crap in the hallway.

You can only sack people if you know who they are, perhaps installing camera's in the hallways would stop it?

Although I doubt that the quality of anyone's work who'd be willing to crap in a hallway could be high.

It's just that gov't employees don't get enough break time to make it to the toilet for a crap. I get ten minutes break (theoretically) in my five hour shift, including lunch. I'm just fortunate the toilet isn't far away from the office.

Louis XIV of France determined to build himself a palace befitting his status as the Sun King. With its 700 rooms, 67 staircases, soaring painted ceilings, and marbled hallways, Versailles fulfilled that vision.

Today’s visitors will be surprised to learn that this majestic estate was once a stinking, dirty place you’d rather not enter, let alone live in. Versailles was built without proper toilets. People had to handle their bodily functions wherever they could.

That was a huge problem back in the day, when Versailles, from the gardens to the royal apartments, was open to the public. Courtiers and royalty did their business using portable decorative commodes or by stealing away under cover of darkness out to the gardens. The waste from the commodes was simply tossed out of windows. Two princesses accompanying Queen Marie Antoinette on a stroll in the courtyard once suffered a drenching from one of the windows.

The common folk, as well as the royal dogs, took to relieving themselves in hallways and staircases. The unbearable odor clung to clothes, undergarments, and even wigs. The servants did not consider hauling out waste as part of their duties. Just around the time of Louis XIV’s death in 1715, a rule came out requiring the corridors to be cleared of feces once a week.

Only in 1768—144 years after the palace was built—did some bright fellow think of adding toilets.

http://listverse.com/2014/06/26/10-famous-structures-with-catastrophic-hidden-flaws/

And within our lifetimes all kinds of public places suffered far worse than that from tobacco smokers.

The horror of an experience in my youth kept me out of cinemas for more-or-less 30 years, and even today I have to tell myself forcibly they've got rid of that nightmare.

And within our lifetimes all kinds of public places suffered far worse than that from tobacco smokers.

The horror of an experience in my youth kept me out of cinemas for more-or-less 30 years, and even today I have to tell myself forcibly they've got rid of that nightmare.

It was OK! You could only smoke in one half! :blink:

A place I used to work, private offices but pretty open to people wandering in, used to suffer from a 'phantom dumper' who would come in, put the lid down on the toilet in the ladies' cubicle and take a number two on the lid.

An email was sent round asking people to refrain from this practice?!

I've got a couple of friends in the police, they had a period where one of there police force brethren was carrying out a dirty protest around their building.

Eventually he was caught, and unusually for the public sector was sacked, rather than receiving 6 months suspension on full pay and a slap on the wrist.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-walks-bank-poos-floor-3789859

Man walks into bank and POOS on floor several times with a 'calm but angry' look

Staff shut the Barclays in Andover, Hants, while the mess was cleaned up after 'a bald, middle-aged man, in his 40s' walked in and made his special deposits

A man walked into a bank and defecated out of his shorts several times.

He was said to be middle-aged and well-to-do with a calm but angry look.

Customer Garreth McCarthy said: "I was just queuing up, there were about a dozen customers there, and this guy walked in.

He looked pretty well to do. He was a middle-aged man, in his 40s, wearing shorts and trainers, and he had a bald head.

He didnt say anything at all, but you can tell from his face he looked angry .

Staff shut the Barclays in Andover, Hants, while the mess was cleaned up.

Garreth added: I wasnt really paying attention until I noticed a foul, but unmistakable smell.

I looked at the guy and he was just calmly walking around the bank - going to all the areas he could.

Its quite clear what he was doing - he just had this calm but angry look on his face, as he walked around leaving special deposits on the floor.

And then as calmly as he walked in he left.

Staff didnt know what on earth had just happened. The stench was unreal.

A Barclays spokesman declined to comment.

A place I used to work, private offices but pretty open to people wandering in, used to suffer from a 'phantom dumper' who would come in, put the lid down on the toilet in the ladies' cubicle and take a number two on the lid.

An email was sent round asking people to refrain from this practice?!

TheWorldRace-April242011-Cambodia(SiemRe

Ah we had the same problem at work! Somebody was removing the toilet seats! Probably a gentleman from "non European" parts! :blink: !

I quite like a "sitting session" option myself, but in certain parts of the world, the option is not there!

People take a s4hit at work to save on toilet paper at home it seems.

Surely it's easier to just nick the toilet paper from work? Though I guess it saves you have to buy toilet cleaning products to use at home.

Surely it's easier to just nick the toilet paper from work? Though I guess it saves you have to buy toilet cleaning products to use at home.

I time my dumps so I enjoy a freshly cleaned toilet at around 3pm, just after the cleaner does our floor. All sparkly clean and plenty of toilet paper guaranteed.

I time my dumps so I enjoy a freshly cleaned toilet at around 3pm, just after the cleaner does our floor. All sparkly clean and plenty of toilet paper guaranteed.

The cleaner does your floor with toilet paper? What do the flies think? They must be ready and waiting to get to work recycling your deposit.

This man inspires me!

I wouldn't care to actually poo in a bank, but next time I am queueing for the teller, I shall adopt a 'calm but angry' look just to put the sh*ts up them.

Back in the bad old days, I was in a bank queue when some filthy woman behind me lights a cigarette. I calmly turn round and blow it back straight in its face[1].

Woman: "there isn't a no smoking sign here"

Me: "neither is there a sign telling me not to drop my pants and do my business. Fortunately I'm not like that"

Back in the bad old days, I was in a bank queue when some filthy woman behind me lights a cigarette. I calmly turn round and blow it back straight in its face[1].

Woman: "there isn't a no smoking sign here"

Me: "neither is there a sign telling me not to drop my pants and do my business. Fortunately I'm not like that"

I prefer the scene in a film (can't remember the name) where John Hurt lights up a fag in a taxi in America.

The taxi driver says 'hey buddy can't you see the sign? It says "no smoking"!'

John Hurt calmly puffs away and with a smile, says 'no, the sign says "thank you for not smoking". Since I am smoking, there is no need to thank me.'