House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

workhou

80% Of Wealthy Chinese Will Fall Back Into Poverty

http://www.echinacities.com/china-media/Expert-Says-80-of-Wealthy-Chinese-Will-Fall-Back-Into-Poverty-in-the-Next-Three-Years

The Chinese elites got rich from being opportunists not working hard. I live in Shenzhen and feel like I am being constantly weighed up for ways to profit. Ripped off loads of times with contracts and housing they do it systematical to foreigners and each other . It is absolutely astounding that China is held up as some kind of globalisation rebuttal to critics of neo-liberalism.

Their economy will collapse because of this lack of foresight of consequences or long-term thinking, a marketing approach rather than sales orientation if you will. Similar to the economy built on housing in the uk in many ways...

Thanks, interesting stuff. My parents in law who live in Hong Kong have been scammed a few times for fairly large amounts of money, each time from the mainland.

Is gullibility a particularly chinese trait? Seems to be to me.

I am being constantly weighed up for ways to profit. Ripped off loads of times with contracts and housing they do it systematical to foreigners and each other .

Could be some European countries on that count.

How many of the nouveau british middle class will do the same ?

And by "the nouveau british middle" I mean british people with jobs and a bank debt who think they are better than they are. You know who you are.

Their economy will collapse because of this lack of foresight of consequences or long-term thinking

This is a human flaw, not a Chinese one. The American and Western economies in general will and are collapsing right now for the same reasons.