House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
or in excess of

33% Of Upcoming Pensioners To "fill Their Boots" With Btl

And when it all goes pear shaped they'll have to rely on the forever grateful following generations

The only thing that stops the older generation owning everything is a new supply.

I wonder how long it will be before the younger generation just say screw it, join together to buy a field then stick caravans on it, fight the planners as long as possible. Move on to the next field then do it again.

To avoid my kids becoming rent-livestock, I bought a somewhere with a big enough garden so they will have enough space to build their own house. I know enough about the planning system to get it done now.

I'd positively encourage them to fill their boots at these prices.

Newbuild set of 8 3-bed semis near me (CH2 2QF) was completed in the last year and the last one to sell (Jan 2014) is now on the market at £250k asking vs £235k paid in Jan. "superb value for money" according to the RM listing.

Maybe a canny BTLer will pile in.

Newbuild set of 8 3-bed semis near me (CH2 2QF) was completed in the last year and the last one to sell (Jan 2014) is now on the market at £250k asking vs £235k paid in Jan. "superb value for money" according to the RM listing.

Yes

Just a retransfer of wealth from the old to the young via a saturated letting market

VERY lazy journalism, we all know that pensioners have a total lack of realism of income. The reality is they survive on cat food sandwiches and freeze to death in Boomer Castles. Shame on DWP.

But btl pays for itself

Great, if they all buy BTLs and flood the London market rent will be as cheap as chips!

The Government should Give a BTL to every one at birth as of right.

The GDP would improve collosally as we all pay rent to each other, making us all millyonaires by the time we are 21.

The Government should Give a BTL to every one at birth as of right.

The GDP would improve collosally as we all pay rent to each other, making us all millyonaires by the time we are 21.

Not true Bloo as they already include imputed rentals in the GDP when no rent is paid at all.

Not true Bloo as they already include imputed rentals in the GDP when no rent is paid at all.

I knew there was a flaw in there somewhere...but wait,...no, its a flaw.

The only thing preventing the older generation from owning everything is ............... they die.

Retirees have modest expectations for capital growth and can live on two tea bags and half a Hovis a week. All this will do is freeze the housing bubble at it's present size and help prevent the pop. Properties will return to market progressively as the gimmers drop off the perch, by which time inflation will have "normalised" the economy. Cycle begins again.

It's genius.

This could turn out to be the greatest act of creative destruction ever.

Excess money (note I didn't say Capital) is build up in the hands of the boomers. Said boomers splash it into housing. House price collapse as by 2025 interest rates hit 7%.

Excess money paid for the houses has meanwhile found more useful things to do that actually create capital wealth.

This could turn out to be the greatest act of creative destruction ever.

Excess money (note I didn't say Capital) is build up in the hands of the boomers. Said boomers splash it into housing. House price collapse as by 2025 interest rates hit 7%.

Excess money paid for the houses has meanwhile found more useful things to do that actually create capital wealth.

A bit like this thread: http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=199339