House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Flash

Ecb Rate Up To 2.25%

Guest consa

Thanks consa.

Still in it's infancy I see, with 20 members.

Yep, it is like going back in time

:rolleyes:

BTW has flash got a link for this huge news cos I didn't think they had reported it yet although it is expected.

Beeb's reporting again raises a titter. "ECB ignores fears"... whose fears? That of the BTL owning BBC sub-editor? The tone of the article makes it plain that the decision is borderline insane.

Seems like the Beeb will be offering up CBs to the public as the reason why we are about to enter recession. Perhaps the MPC is more independent than the BBC?

Beeb's reporting again raises a titter. "ECB ignores fears"... whose fears? That of the BTL owning BBC sub-editor? The tone of the article makes it plain that the decision is borderline insane.

Seems like the Beeb will be offering up CBs to the public as the reason why we are about to enter recession. Perhaps the MPC is more independent than the BBC?

Come on, be fair. How would you feel if you had worked your nuts off climing the greasy pole at the BBC and then, finding your house price had doubled, had the balls to MEW and buy a BTL or two - had built yourself a rosy future where your two BTLs paid for themselves over the next 25 years and you retired with half a million's worth of property to fund your retirement - and then found your dream was snatched away from you because some sodding FTBs couldn't afford to buy property anymore and the BTL numbers stopped adding up as rents could never keep up with the ever bigger mortgage repayments as prices rose?

My heart bleeds for them. But no blood comes out - it is only malice and poison. Which is what they put out as news every day.

Surely the writing is now on the wall.

Rising US rates, Rising EU rates - what are we going to do next? Housing market that's on the brink and the next move HAS to be up, there simply is NO other alternative.

Happy days.

Hi,

Ahhh, that'll be nice, unbiased BBC reporting again. No doubt under the strict supervision of Gordon Brown's brother who works there. So, the EU is a very large economic area, very much like the states. So just like the states, you can have areas that are booming and areas that are not, just like how London can be running redhot sometimes while the Shetland Islands may not be. Same thing on a bigger scale. The ECB has wanted to raise rates for a long time, some member states are dangerously overheating i.e., spain, greece, ireland, and others are seeing large inflows of potentially inflationary money i.e., most of the eastern european states, while others have had some growth issues, i.e., Germany, France, Italy. The ECB had stated that they would wait until they felt the sluggish economies had sufficient momentum to sustain increases in rates. It was all openly stated for nearly two years now but as it will now put pressure on sterling and as that does not suit Gordon and his brother at the BBC, we get this very biased slant on it all. Maybe it is bad, we have to see, but the ECB have thought long and hard about it and communicated it's reasoning well in advance - a bit of balance by the Blair Broadcasting Corporation would be nice. We all know from previous BoE minutes that some voting members leaked out private feelings of disbelief at the last rate cut here. I do remember posting here, myself, at the time that the pressure for the next change will be back upwards. How much longer can Gordon live in isolation to the rest of the world?

Boomer

Edited by boom_and_bust

Interestingly, the Euro is sinking. Unless it's 'buy the rumor, sell the news', I guess people were hoping for a sensible increase rather than a measly 0.25%.

Guest Bart of Darkness

Surely the writing is now on the wall.

“So the Almighty God has sent you this message, ‘ MENE, MENE, TEKEL and PARSIN.’

“And this is what it means. MENE means that God has counted out the number of days you will be king, and they are over. TEKEL means that God has tested you, and you have not passed the test. And PARSIN means your kingdom will be divided, and given to the Medes and the Persians.”

Are you listening Gordon?