House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ill_handle_it

Bbc And Press Ignore Massive Demonstration Against Austerity In London

http://mikesivier.wordpress.com/2014/06/21/bbc-and-press-ignore-massive-demonstration-against-austerity-in-london/

If you were in the centre of London today you might have noticed 50,000 people taking part in a massive march against the government’s austerity policies:

RT managed not to miss the story :

http://rt.com/news/167532-uk-anti-austerity-march/

On a separate note if anyone fancies an absolute monarchy and you're not sure what to do about it ? Then you can ask for one here :

http://www.change.org/petitions/congress-restore-the-british-monarchy-to-the-united-states

I. We, the People, are hereby petitioning the Commonwealth of Nations and the United States Congress to accept the United States as a member state and to restore the succession of the British Monarchy to the United States through Constitutional Convention (per Article V of the United States Constitution).

II. A restructured Executive Branch will incorporate Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and her heirs as the official Head of State.

III. The Monarch’s powers and duties include:
a) the right to represent the People of the United States oversees regardless of the political party/parties in power;
B) the right to revoke any law passed by parliament,
c) consenting or withholding consent to a law within one year of it being passed by parliament,
d) the ability to dismiss a President, Cabinet Member, and/or Supreme Court Justice at the Monarch’s discretion.

I found this here :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/477063135667422/?fref=ts

Our objective is to increase monarchist statistics worldwide and fight republicanism worldwide by means of education to the public.

This page has the some of the highest quality freaks and weirdos the internet has to offer.

Austerity = spending £1 billion every 3 days more than you have. Impressive brainwashing by this current lot in blue.

Austerity = spending £1 billion every 3 days more than you have. Impressive brainwashing by this current lot in blue.

It's to do with distribution, some get lots, they are happy, others get little, those are the ones feeling the pinch. Plus the ones getting less that they are "entitled" to.

A survey to see what ALL the population thought it was entitled to would be most elucidating. Do you think YouGov would be up to it? :)

A march against "austerity"?

I'd support a march against "reckless spending against the nation's means and running out of money and lenders which leads inevitably to austerity and poverty".

But I'm guessing that's not what this protest is about. I suspect it's a more "me, me, give me more of someone else's money and they've run out, print and borrow some for me, me!"

This page has the some of the highest quality freaks and weirdos the internet has to offer.

I am a good quality "weirdo"! :blink:

BBC: Thousands attend People's Assembly's first austerity protest.

Admittedly, that only appeared two hours ago, and they say "Organisers say tens of thousands of people met at Portland Place and marched to Parliament Square on Saturday.". They don't seem to have noticed it despite the fact that it started just outside the BBC.

There is no austerity. Spending is rising the whole time and the budget is completely out of control.

I can't see this. The government keep telling the EU it should be more like us and the austerity is working. All the lefties are wrong - austerity is the best thing ever. Now you are telling me spending is rising.... Oh dear.

50,000 people does not a massive protest make - so not worth of a lot of coverage

how many of those know what they are protesting about and how they are affected. :unsure:

We need a reconnect between labor and income and away from benefits. We are moving towards a slave economy where the slaves get given enough to stay alive but their labor is unrewarded. Allowing the 1% to carry on growing their wealth.

RT picks up on the stories the rest choose to ignore. Always worth watching to get an alternative perspective on world events.

+1, though RT's role as a Russian Government mouthpiece is clumsily obvious at times.

I'd add www.aljazeera.com, particularly for informative reporting on the Middle East.

I've bought a 50 inch television! :blink:

Austerity meant you couldn't buy a 55 inch one. Did you protest?

It didn't fit in my car!

It was cheaper than the 40 inch one I bought a few years back!

This thread seems to have attracted a lot of shills...

The point isn't the so called austerity but the fact that the BBC chose to ignore a major protest march of 50,000 people that happened right in front of their doorstep.

This thread should really be in the main forum, not off-topic, as it's verymuch related to the economy.