House Price Crash Forum

Anyone Seeing No New Listings Whatsoever?

HOLA441

My saved search on RM is giving almost zero new listings in last few weeks. Its quite a wide search too, both area and price. What's going on? Fear? Denial?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Lots in Cambridge at 2007+ 30% prices.

A bungalow on a busy road junction has been relisted after a week for £100k more (now £600k) than last week. 3 bed ex council semis for £500k. Getting close to thinking I should sell; completely unsustainable bubble territory.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Fark all for maybe the last 2 months at my price point which are effectively 1st/2nd time buyer houses.

Same area, same findings - or lack of findings rather.

Same on my other other searches of neighbouring small towns and villages. Just the odd house coming to market I don't know how anyone will upsize to, afford to modernise etc - although last few years they've always eventually found buyers at such prices. Someone obviously dragging people into the banks to force them to "pay what it's worth."

Can only hope such buyers have just about all entitled themselves into the market by now, paying prices that make me furious.

Example of a new listing: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-31034913.html

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

What would you consider to be a fair price for that house?

It will probably sell for thereabouts, given I've just checked my RM and see two nearby semis are Sold STC, asking prices £395K and £475K.

Fair price, for a similar house, well into the hpc proper...? £150K-£200K? If people in their 30s/40s want to upsize to such houses paying £400,000 + requiring tens of thousands in improvements (kitchen), let them. Job security, incomes, inflation pressures on incomes, (including gas/elec on such houses), cost of raising family, money left over to have a life.

A flow of more houses on market, and it should overwhelm the upsizer market.

A a few doors down you've got this house, not my style for looks, and too large for any buyer in my family, (more of a downside than an upside with energy bills).

Hanging on market I think since mid 2012, with initial listing Guide £550K or Guide £520K, until recent new listing at Guide £450K.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44820799.html

HOLA4421

big jump in stock in east london over the last 5 weeks

prices dropping noticeably in E17

Everybody in the house of love. :wub:

HOLA4422

some new stuff in my search area. Kite flying prices.

FYI HSBC refused me a mortgage for 1.3X my gross salary, with deposit and immaculate credit record.

I am livid but at the same time if this is not a sign that the ******er's going down, I don't know what is.

HOLA4423

I've just changed my search to include higher prices, and all the new listings are coming on at 20% over what they were last year. So definitely kite flying. Most are sstc although I guess EAs can fake that

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Price reductions of 5% on kite-flying asking prices, but as others have posted, prices 20% up on last year.

... not a great deal going SSTC though.

Thats what im seeing in East Dorset and West Hampshire, though the reductions are more like 5k off a 200K place i wouldnt buy for half the price.

But not a lot coming onto the market in my search of under 210K