House Price Crash Forum

Ukip Biggest Property Donor

HOLA441

Yeah there was no immigration to Spain and yet prices soared.

or China, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand etc etc

All about lending.

Senor?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_Spain

check the table Foreign population in Spain at the link...........Not formatting correctly.
Immigrants from the European Union[edit]

Immigrants from the European Union make up a growing proportion of immigrants in Spain. The main countries of origin are Romania, the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, and Bulgaria.

The British authorities estimate that the real population of UK citizens living in Spain is much bigger than Spanish official figures suggest, establishing them at about 1,000,000, about 800,000 being permanent residents.[10] Of these, according to the BBC and contrary to popular belief, only about 21.5% are over the age of 65.[11]

In fact, according to the Financial Times, Spain is the most favoured destination for West Europeans considering to move from their own country and seek jobs elsewhere in the EU.[12]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22251840

Spain's population fell last year for the first time in decades, as immigrants left the country amid a major economic crisis, officials say.

The National Statistic Institute (NSI) says the number of residents dropped by almost 206,000 to 47.1m - the decline entirely accounted for by foreigners.

It was only when the wheels came off that the rapid population growth from immigration reversed.

Yes lax lending rules had a part to play (back then) but there is a wider picture.

Edited by geezer466

HOLA442

I dislike the other parties so much that I shall vote for a party that is made up of multiple property owning landlords funded by Estate Agents and property developers. That will teach them.

+1

HOLA443

I think the point is absolutely none of the main parties will do anything to really address the housing shortage and build more homes - or loosen the control developers and banks have over the system which props up prices. Anyone who believes otherwise is conning themselves - we have a political class most of whom probably have 90% of their wealth in central London property.

With UKIP at least there is some recognition of the impact of population growth and uncontrolled EU immigration - and the pressure that results ffrom this on housing and public services in some parts of the country.

The fact that UKIP gets donations from property developers is rather academic - may just reflect the fact they want out of the EU, less regulation and lower immigration. And frankly £65k is nothing - it would just about get you a deposit on a house in Dagenham!

HOLA444

I see no moral difference between different form of rent seeking. Rent seekers will just look for the highest yield whether that be property,shares,bonds or cash. It's not rent seeking it's self I am opposed to. It's the way it is tax compared to labor and the way the wealth can be handed down to the next generation.

Bonds shares and cash are not rent seeking activities. Bonds and shares because there is no supply side restriction (any company can issue them), cash because its the medium of exchange although money creation through credit probably is. They all provide passive income but thats not the same as rent seeking.

HOLA445

Bonds shares and cash are not rent seeking activities. Bonds and shares because there is no supply side restriction (any company can issue them), cash because its the medium of exchange although money creation through credit probably is. They all provide passive income but thats not the same as rent seeking.

So as I move my money to different asset class I change from good to evil and back to good when all I am doing is trying to find the best way to extract money from you which you earned from your hard work.

HOLA446

So as I move my money to different asset class I change from good to evil and back to good when all I am doing is trying to find the best way to extract money from you which you earned from your hard work.

Yes in short thats exactly what happens.

In order for something to be rent seeking, 2 conditions have to apply:

1) there must be non-discretionary element to demand.

2) there must be limited supply

Car rental: no (fails test 1 and 2)

Car insurance: no (fails test 2)

Holding gold: no (fails test 1)

Stocks/Bonds: no (fails test 1 and 2)

Domestic property rental: yes

Edited by goldbug9999

HOLA447

Yes in short thats exactly what happens.

In order for something to be rent seeking, 2 conditions have to apply:

1) there must be non-discretionary element to demand.

2) there must be limited supply

Car rental: no (fails test 1 and 2)

Car insurance: no (fails test 2)

Holding gold: no (fails test 1)

Stocks/Bonds: no (fails test 1 and 2)

Domestic property rental: yes

Well thank you for thinking about it in a logical fashion

But I don't agree.

How are you going to live your life without giving some of your money to share holders? Tesco sh bt sh bp sh water company sh electricity sh

And how do you avoid bond holder do you plan on not paying any tax?

HOLA448
HOLA449

UKIP has always been the daftest of protest votes tbh.

More establishment than the establishment. Just very very well marketed.

I may agree with you if you tell us what you mean.

I would prefer a left wing anti EU party but then that would be splitting the vote.

It all comes down to democracy as far as I am concerned. The right to chose In or Out.

I'm for out but I could be persuaded. what I can't be persuaded on is the right to vote.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Did you miss this bit, or choose to ignore it?

The property industry is the biggest supporter of UKIP, according to an analysis of party political donations so far this year.

UKIP has received a total of £493,412 in donations in 2014, with some £65,000 coming from the property industry. This represents more than 13% of its total donations so far this year, massively outstripping the three main political parties in terms of percentages."

I read it and chose to ignore it.

The figures are too low to draw any meaningful conclusions using percentages. If it was 13% of the £20 million or so donated to the blue or red team it might cause an issue, but it isn't, so it doesn't.

Also, it's for half a year. If ukips total donations double to £1million over the second half of 2014, but it receives no more money from the 'property industry' then that 13% will fall by 50% to 6.5% ! If the red and blue teams property industry donation percentages then end up significantly higher than this, you wouldn't hear these stats being re-reported.

Of that, I am 100% sure.

Edited by Reck B

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

And if you lived in an area where any of LibLabCon were in with a chance?

No idea.

Not UKIP.

The UKIP core here is basically just the swiveliest eyed farmer NIMBY types who hate anything new and anyone who didn't go to public school and isn't white British.

I'd vote for whoever might get the elitist horror show that has re-infected the Tory party out fastest, with the hope a good clear out would do them good. Tactically it would have to be Lib Dem and I'm not sure I could bring myself to do that.

Edited by byron78

HOLA4416

No idea.

Not UKIP.

The UKIP core here is basically just the swiveliest eyed farmer NIMBY types who hate anything new and anyone who didn't go to public school and isn't white British.

I'd vote for whoever might get the elitist horror show that has re-infected the Tory party out fastest, with the hope a good clear out would do them good. Tactically it would have to be Lib Dem and I'm not sure I could bring myself to do that.

Libdems are a spent force and I could never bring myself to vote Labour, so I shall be voting UKIP because I think it is the best way of shaking the tree. Hopefully, some elitist career politicians will fall out.