House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
the_dork

Ukip Biggest Property Donor

For those who think they are somehow 'anti-establishment' or likely to do anything worthwhile on housing...creeping Marxism FFS UKIP top for property donors

By Samantha McClary | Institutional | 20-06-2014 | 11:00 | Print

The property industry is the biggest supporter of UKIP, according to an analysis of party political donations so far this year.

UKIP has received a total of £493,412 in donations in 2014, with some £65,000 coming from the property industry. This represents more than 13% of its total donations so far this year, massively outstripping the three main political parties in terms of percentages.

The Conservative Party remains the largest receiver of funding from property by volume, with around £292,000 donated during the 1 January to 13 June period. As a percentage of the total raised for the Tories so far this year, property has

provided 4.4%.

Labour comes next with 1.8% of its total coming from the real estate industry, with the Liberal Democrat party languishing in fourth place with a mere 0.2% of donations from property.

UKIP’s property donation this year has come entirely from Shoreditch-based residential and commercial developer Mura Estates. The firm, set up in 1995, is a joint venture with Aitch Group, and is run by chairman Henry Smith.

UKIP has seen donations surge over the past year as many former Tory donors switch to Nigel Farage’s party. Last year UKIP raised almost £110,000 from real estate, including £25,000 from Panther Securities’ Andrew Perloff, who has asked shareholders to support the donation of a further £17,500 this year.

In his most recent results, Perloff said: “Having financially supported the Conservatives for a long time, last year I changed my mind and decided to support UKIP. This is mainly because of the government’s continual financial attack on property ownership and the property industry.

“It seems to me that the gradual salami-style increases in taxation (including taxation for planning permission), the regulation and removal of indexation and other allowances plus the failure to fix the rates debacle are a form of creeping Marxism completely at odds with a forward-looking, successful, free market economy.”

In total, the property industry has donated almost £500,000 to political parties this year (see graph, above).

Major Tory donors include Countrywide Developments, which donated £75,000, while Westfield and John Guthrie’s Broadland Properties, have both given £50,000 to the party.

Labour’s biggest property donor this year was former Minerva boss Andrew Rosenfeld, who handed over £100,000.

The Lib Dems so far have collected just £12,000 from the real estate industry, from Henley Homes and Tucan Investments.

samantha.mcclary@estatesgazette.com

So UKIP got £65k from the 'property industry'?

Chicken feed. - probably keep them in paperclips for a fortnight.

Meanwhile the Labour party, who get around £15million-£20million each year, are bust themselves and were receiving £1million each year from the ******ing bankrupt co-op.

Seriously, the more pathetic mud slinging directed at UKIP, the more I'm inclined to vote for them out of sympathy.

Edited by Reck B

For those who think they are somehow 'anti-establishment' or likely to do anything worthwhile on housing...creeping Marxism FFS UKIP top for property donors

By Samantha McClary | Institutional | 20-06-2014 | 11:00 | Print

The property industry is the biggest supporter of UKIP, according to an analysis of party political donations so far this year.

UKIP has received a total of £493,412 in donations in 2014, with some £65,000 coming from the property industry. This represents more than 13% of its total donations so far this year, massively outstripping the three main political parties in terms of percentages.

The Conservative Party remains the largest receiver of funding from property by volume, with around £292,000 donated during the 1 January to 13 June period. As a percentage of the total raised for the Tories so far this year, property has

provided 4.4%.

Labour comes next with 1.8% of its total coming from the real estate industry, with the Liberal Democrat party languishing in fourth place with a mere 0.2% of donations from property.

UKIP’s property donation this year has come entirely from Shoreditch-based residential and commercial developer Mura Estates. The firm, set up in 1995, is a joint venture with Aitch Group, and is run by chairman Henry Smith.

UKIP has seen donations surge over the past year as many former Tory donors switch to Nigel Farage’s party. Last year UKIP raised almost £110,000 from real estate, including £25,000 from Panther Securities’ Andrew Perloff, who has asked shareholders to support the donation of a further £17,500 this year.

In his most recent results, Perloff said: “Having financially supported the Conservatives for a long time, last year I changed my mind and decided to support UKIP. This is mainly because of the government’s continual financial attack on property ownership and the property industry.

“It seems to me that the gradual salami-style increases in taxation (including taxation for planning permission), the regulation and removal of indexation and other allowances plus the failure to fix the rates debacle are a form of creeping Marxism completely at odds with a forward-looking, successful, free market economy.”

In total, the property industry has donated almost £500,000 to political parties this year (see graph, above).

Major Tory donors include Countrywide Developments, which donated £75,000, while Westfield and John Guthrie’s Broadland Properties, have both given £50,000 to the party.

Labour’s biggest property donor this year was former Minerva boss Andrew Rosenfeld, who handed over £100,000.

The Lib Dems so far have collected just £12,000 from the real estate industry, from Henley Homes and Tucan Investments.

samantha.mcclary@estatesgazette.com

No surprise, the property lobby donations correlate near-perfectly with the degree, or likelihood thereof, of nimbyism -

article-0-1C01531200000578-187_634x393.j

article-0-1C01536300000578-773_634x363.j

article-0-1C01532200000578-450_634x389.j

Exactly, no f'g difference between them and t'other 3 except EU.

Quite possibly, but the duplicity of the other parties is proven.

Anyway, even if they're no better, they can't be much worse and it's worth voting for them just to give the others a richly deserved kicking.

Exactly, no f'g difference between them and t'other 3 except EU.

Kill Euro immigration....

Kill the demand side inflation.

Kill HPI.. So must be a good thing then..

Doubles all round and make sure you drop a few quid in the box next time you see one..... :rolleyes:

And I didn't have to spend five years at college/Uni to work out the economics of that.

Edited by geezer466

Quite possibly, but the duplicity of the other parties is proven.

Anyway, even if they're no better, they can't be much worse and it's worth voting for them just to give the others a richly deserved kicking.

That is indeed the reason to vote for them

Kill Euro immigration....

Kill the demand side inflation.

Kill HPI.. So must be a good thing then..

Doubles all round and make sure you drop a few quid in the box next time you see one..... :rolleyes:

Yeah there was no immigration to Spain and yet prices soared.

or China, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand etc etc

All about lending.

The rates debacle? Any idea which particular rates debacle he's referring to?

Edited by Scunnered

I see no moral difference between different form of rent seeking. Rent seekers will just look for the highest yield whether that be property,shares,bonds or cash. It's not rent seeking it's self I am opposed to. It's the way it is tax compared to labor and the way the wealth can be handed down to the next generation.

A sleight of hand to talk about donations in percentage terms when UKIP's overall donations pale by comparison to others.

I'm more concerned that UKIP's housing spokesperson is a massive BTL landlord and would extend HTB. And one of their 'rising stars', Loiuse Bours, invited a convicted criminal to join the party while sitting as an independent having been thrown out of the Tories following sentencing. His crime? Fire safety breached on a property he rented out...

Most UKippers/Tories will be dead in 20 years anyway.

Patience is a virtue.

250px-Annie_Kenney_and_Christabel_Pankhu

The suffragette movement went to extreme lengths to get the vote for women. One killed by the kings horse.

do you think women should have he right to vote?

do you think the people of Britain should have the right to vote on the EU?

There were a lot of men that thought women shouldn't vote

There are a lot of pro EU people that think Britain's shouldn't vote

So UKIP got £65k from the 'property industry'?

Chicken feed. - probably keep them in paperclips for a fortnight.

Meanwhile the Labour party, who get around £15million-£20million each year, are bust themselves and were receiving £1million each year from the ******ing bankrupt co-op.

Seriously, the more pathetic mud slinging directed at UKIP, the more I'm inclined to vote for them out of sympathy.

+1

Yep, me too.

I dislike the other parties so much that I shall vote for a party that is made up of multiple property owning landlords funded by Estate Agents and property developers. That will teach them.

I dislike the other parties so much that I shall vote for a party that is made up of multiple property owning landlords funded by Estate Agents and property developers. That will teach them.

I dislike UKIP more than I dislike the other 3. However they are offering democracy the other 3 aren't I am voting for the democratic process I am voting UKIP.

All we bloody want is a vote on the EU.

I notice how those most vocal against UKIP are often Common Purpose graduates.

All we bloody want is a vote on the EU.

I notice how those most vocal against UKIP are often Common Purpose graduates.

If we can't persuaded the 3 main party's to give us a vote on the EU what f***ing chance have we got to get anything else we want.