House Price Crash Forum

Mcdonald's To Recruit 8,000 Young Staff

HOLA441

Sky News 19/6/14

'McDonald's has announced a recruitment plan for young workers, as it seeks to boost staff levels by 8,000.

It added that its ongoing operations plough more than £2bn annually through its supply chain purchases.

Chief executive Jill McDonald said: "Our continued growth will enable us to further expand our workforce over the next few years.

"And in many cases give thousands of young people a valuable opportunity to start building their careers."

The company currently has around 1,200 eateries in the UK and employs some 92,000 staff.

Chancellor George Osborne said: "It is fantastic news that McDonald's is creating 8,000 new jobs here in the UK, especially with the majority going to first-time workers and under-25s.

"Every new person in work means a brighter future and more economic security for them and their family."'

There are roughly 295,000 UK domiciled graduates a year.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Translation: American corporation seeks to enslave the young into low paid, low skill working environment to maximise their profits, slaver government run by idiots thinks this is a great idea....now the weather...

How can normal people ever survive on McWages?

I wonder when we will start to see Mcdonalds housing estates where the faithful McWorkers all live in accommodation just above the minimum standards required to support a human being, wages paid directly to the "McLandlords" to solve the "housing crisis", It can't be far off now.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Translation: American corporation seeks to enslave the young into low paid, low skill working environment to maximise their profits, slaver government run by idiots thinks this is a great idea....now the weather...

I wonder when we will start to see Mcdonalds housing estates where the faithful McWorkers all live in accommodation just above the minimum standards required to support a human being, wages paid directly to the "McLandlords" to solve the "housing crisis", It can't be far off now.

If it's good enough for China...

HOLA449

If it's good enough for China...

The Chinese model coming to a country near you, it's no surprise that Dave is over there telling them how wonderful they are, and what a great economy they have and how we must do business with them, just ignore the human rights abuses and all that undemocratic stuff, we can't compete with them so we will have to emulate them eventually, China is the political and financial wet dream for our failed economy.

Its already happening, once they have sold of large parts of the city they will begin with the infrastructure and then the factories will start to be built...

Edited by JustAnotherProle

HOLA4410

The fact that these low end jobs are being touted as the solution to our problems says it all really. Not so long ago parents would warn their children that if they did not work hard and study they would end up working in a place like McDonalds.

Today getting that fast food job is viewed as a cause for celebration. :lol:

HOLA4411

"Every new person in work means a brighter future and more economic security for them and their family."'

If the cost of housing was sensible then that might be true but it isn't true with current costs - and it's unlikely they'll be able to properly afford a "family" (i.e. children) never mind giving them "a brighter future and more economic security".

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I recently read that McDonald's sales were down for the first time ever in the US, I'm surprised the same thing has not happened here...

Even in small towns, there are literally dozens of fried chicken joints, plus the usual string of chain junk food joints.

How is the market not saturated?

There seem no more fat people around than ten years ago. Most of these places never seem all that busy.

HOLA4414

Apart from selling burgers McDonald's apparently owns vast amounts of land including retail developments surrounding its outlets. They're as much property companies as burger sellers.

Likely quite a few other chicken/burger outlets are similar.

While property prices are going up likely McDonald's can justify another 8000 zero hour jobs to the accountants even if the current jobbers often don't seem to be fully occupied with large numbers milling around basically trying not to get in each other's way.

A general election is on the way and that sort of announcement and action from the big corporates often seems to be timed accordingly.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4415

Even in small towns, there are literally dozens of fried chicken joints, plus the usual string of chain junk food joints.

There seem no more fat people around than ten years ago. Most of these places never seem all that busy.

You never seen breaking bad ?

:)

HOLA4416

I believe that a lot of them were used as a way for getting people into the country. They gave working visas to those who wanted to work in fast food places, although I think they might have changed the rules recently.

HOLA4417

Mc Drone Lords

lest we forget ....

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

You never seen breaking bad ?

:)

There's a Romanian food shop near me, tiny. It's like very small newsagent sort of size shop, which looks kinda cheap - not very fancing signing etc. While there are a fair few Romanians about in the city, whenever I walk by, the shop is empty. Doesn't look like it's getting a huge amount of custom to me.

Yet the guy who owns it can be seen in a very nice looking Beemer. Hmm!

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Local paper making a fuss about MacD adding £4M to the Kirklees economy

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/mcdonalds-really-worth-4m-economy-7293776

Fast food chain McDonald’s is serving up a near-£4m boost to the Huddersfield economy, according to a new report.

The independent study – commissioned by McDonald’s to mark its 40th anniversary in the UK – reveals the business and its suppliers make a combined annual contribution of £3.9m to the Huddersfield economy.

HOLA4422

SNACR might know the trick?

Sadly I assumed most are accommodation with a fast food business on the side. Fast food, mobile phone unlocking, barbers , nail painting , tat retailer. Imagine all cash businesses but springing up in town centres..

Edited by Ash4781

HOLA4423