House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bland Unsight

Weird Natwest Sponsored Article On Telegraph

Stumbled on this earlier - not exactly easy to find, it actually took me a couple of minutes to find it again, and it's week old, but if there was a thread on it already I missed it.

That said, some commentators believe that while the bubble may not burst soon, a crash is on its way. Analysts point to the fact that house prices are now at a historic high and that property value is soaring in more than just prime areas.

They also note that while the cost of living is steadily increasing, salaries arent rising correspondingly.

In the end, they say, unless this disparity is addressed, its conceivable the bottom may fall out of the market.

Source: How stable is the UK housing market?

The beginning of the 'article' is ramp-ramp-ramp, but still puzzled to see such openly bearish language in something that is basically an advert for a bank...

Maybe they think it just doesn't matter what the economists say any more? People hear what they want to hear rather than what is actually being said. Like you said elsewhere 'the economy is far too important to be left to economists' so their opinion is as influential as my window cleaners :)

Though I did read this last week & thought similar.

It's very weird, imo.

Like they want to distance themselves from lending - again imo.

When only 11 or so months ago.... still around? NatNo ?

20130610_152741.jpg?w=426&h=344

Maybe they think it just doesn't matter what the economists say any more?

That is correct.

Newsnight is ending with Jeremy Paxman after 25 years. The audience has dropped by one third since 2009.