House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Chinese To Be Allowed To Visit Their Holiday Homes.

They couldn't give a stuff about the great unwashed. All they care about it preserving and extending the wealth of the 0.1% and themselves (who are often members of the aforementioned group). There is a genuine mentality amongst the political elites that they are "above" the plebs, that they know best, that they are born to rule. They do not feel any kind of guilt for any actions that harm quality of life for the general public.

You scratch my back, I'll screw my own population.

BP and Shell to unveil multi-billion pound deals with China

Telegraph.co.uk

- ‎54 minutes ago‎

Britain's biggest oil majors, BP and Shell, will unveil multi-billion pound agreements to supply liquefied natural gas (LNG) to China in two of the biggest deals to be announced by David Cameron and Premier Li Keqiang today.

At least, that's how i read it.

http://news.sky.com/story/1283599/china-visa-rules-relaxed-to-boost-uk-economy

I regret voting Tory so much now. How stupid we were to think there elitist public schools boys would sort out anything for the benefit of the general public.

"From autumn, Chinese visitors will be able to use an Irish visitor visa to travel to the UK without the need for a separate UK visa, and vice-versa.

The British Irish Visa Scheme will also be launched in India."

Hmm, I see a hole developing...

At least, that's how i read it.

http://news.sky.com/story/1283599/china-visa-rules-relaxed-to-boost-uk-economy

I regret voting Tory so much now. How stupid we were to think there elitist public schools boys would sort out anything for the benefit of the general public.

It will be funny when they find out what a £250,000 Luxury Executive Flat in central Manchester is actually like, though.

Remarkable. Who bailed out the #banksters?

It will be funny when they find out what a £250,000 Luxury Executive Flat in central Manchester is actually like, though.

The rush to dump their Luxury Executive Flats starts the day after this scheme starts.

Dave gets Chinese to defend the UK, LOL. What a total charlatan.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-06-17/china-backs-no-vote-for-scottish-independence/

China backs No vote for Scottish Independence

article_img.jpg

Chinese Premier Li Keqiang during a press conference at the Foreign Office in central London. Credit: Press Association Images/Facundo Arrizabalag

Chinese Premier Li Keqiang said he wanted to see a "united United Kingdom" in an apparent boost for the No campaign ahead of September's Scottish independence referendum.

Yup. I can see some very, very angry Chinese people on the streets of Manchester and London shi&thole areas soon

My understanding of the current visitor visa situation is that Chinese visiting Europe are not allowed to enter the UK without getting a visitor visa just for the UK. As a result lots of Chinese visiting Europe don't bother popping over to the UK to spend some of their holiday money here. The tourist industry is losing out on income and with the amount of Chinese tourists visiting Europe it's probably a fair bit of lost revenue.

Chinese property owners will just get a UK visitors visa.

My understanding of the current visitor visa situation is that Chinese visiting Europe are not allowed to enter the UK without getting a visitor visa just for the UK. As a result lots of Chinese visiting Europe don't bother popping over to the UK to spend some of their holiday money here. The tourist industry is losing out on income and with the amount of Chinese tourists visiting Europe it's probably a fair bit of lost revenue.

Chinese property owners will just get a UK visitors visa.

I don't think they can enter Ireland either as it's not a Schengen country? How many Chinese tourists visit Ireland without visiting the UK as well? Not many I imagine.

Yup. I can see some very, very angry Chinese people on the streets of Manchester and London shi&thole areas soon

Well I think a lot of British got a bit stung with unseen purchases in Bulgaria, and Spain! I woudn't "invest" in areas I didn't know! It is a high risk!

Remarkable. Who bailed out the #banksters?

I think we all know the answer to that....the BRITISH GOVERNMENT ( made up of labour/lib dem and tories ) forced the British people to bail them out.

I dont remember any of them walking out en-masse against this, do you ?

Well I think a lot of British got a bit stung with unseen purchases in Bulgaria, and Spain! I woudn't "invest" in areas I didn't know! It is a high risk!

You couldn't make it up :lol:

We are the new bulgaria.

Apart from the tories creating a right royal mess of the country and everyone seeing the housing market for what it is now, a chinese credit crunch could destroying the british housing market.

Not a great time to be buying a house...unless it's in Bulgaria perhaps.

You can imagine all the locals waiting at the airports/train stations in their "taxis".... only £100 to take you to your flat, but another £500 to get out the taxi with your face intact.