House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Shoeless Nutters

Anybody else noticed this phenomenon?

As soon as it gets a bit warm you get them wandering around town barefoot in long shorts. You know the type, men, usually 20s or 30s, oddly / wrongly dressed so it catches the eye but it's hard to put your finger on just what's not right.

Usually tattooed, unshaven and slightly out of it on drink or drugs.

Barefoot though, in towns with all manner of stuff on the floor. Some pubs have a standard rule requiring footwear which probably prevents several fights.

As soon as it gets a bit warm you get them wandering around town barefoot in long shorts. You know the type, men, usually 20s or 30s, oddly / wrongly dressed so it catches the eye but it's hard to put your finger on just what's not right.

Barefoot though, in towns with all manner of stuff on the floor. Some pubs have a standard rule requiring footwear which probably prevents several fights.

I'e seen some very large bodied tattooed guys with tiny legs! They should not do shorts! I always wear steely site boots to the pub. As you say it prevents fights!

Probably just caught onto the barefoot jogging fad a little late. That or they can no longer afford the Sun go to Butlins for a beach holiday on a £1 deals.

The whole barefoot jogger thing is completely out of control near me.

I live near Wandsworth Common in London, and, like many of my neighbours, I have dogs that I take for a walk everyday on the Common. There are hundreds of dogs out there every day, all doing their business. I'm very certain that every square inch of the common has been pooped upon at least 4 times over the past 12 months. To go jogging through that barefoot is just gross.

Are you threatening me? ; )

The land of the protected minority status that is Cornwall.

I think that may be the problem i see the same in West Wales but not inS/E Wales think you need a few good waves in the vicinity to find the lesser shooed surfer

I am a bit of a nelipot myself, though never in the streets, too spiky and dirty. Clean grass is good.

Never seen the beings of which you speak. Maybe they haven't emigrated this far yet.

We have a thing in Mumbles where people wear shorts, t-shirts and flip flops on winter days. You will see one person wrapped up as if they are about to go look for Scott at the South Pole and someone else nearby confusing the ice and sleet for sun and sand.

I become a flip flop guy in the summer - my feet feel so much more liberated and I can feel the breeze blowing around my.... I am moving on to skirts next...

The whole barefoot jogger thing is completely out of control near me.

I live near Wandsworth Common in London, and, like many of my neighbours, I have dogs that I take for a walk everyday on the Common. There are hundreds of dogs out there every day, all doing their business. I'm very certain that every square inch of the common has been pooped upon at least 4 times over the past 12 months. To go jogging through that barefoot is just gross.

I like to jog barefoot, AND shit on the common.

I like to jog barefoot, AND shit on the common.

You should scoop it up and put it in the bin provided!

I was wearing my five fingers yesterday. Best option.

Only when I walk past reflective surfaces. I hate the feel of shoes, and wear them as little as possible. If I wasn't required to wear them for work I could quite easily go weeks without wearing any (excepting football boots) in the summer.

Might I add sockless nutters. Sure sandals and sockless looks great but try walking ten miles like that and see how cool your ankles feel.

Just started wearing shorts......its concealed socks (well rolled down actually) and trainers for me.

We have a thing in Mumbles where people wear shorts, t-shirts and flip flops on winter days. You will see one person wrapped up as if they are about to go look for Scott at the South Pole and someone else nearby confusing the ice and sleet for sun and sand.

I become a flip flop guy in the summer - my feet feel so much more liberated and I can feel the breeze blowing around my.... I am moving on to skirts next...

We get a similar phenomenon on the Isle of Wight, where some men wear shorts all year. Funny in winter when their wee, white, skinny, string-like legs look almost blue from the cold. One chap goes so far as to wear a bottle green duffel coat with his shorts, socks and sandals. Gives his legs that gangrenous-green tinge. :)

I'm used to seeing muscle-bound creatine/steroid chavs parading around with no shirts on, but what about those painfully thin/heroin addict white skinned 17 year old chavs who go topless as soon as the sun comes out? Surely they don't think the chavettes find them arousing? Or perhaps they do...