House Price Crash Forum

Iraq - The Black Swan Event

HOLA441

So based on the 4 previous posts Iraq would be a better place with Saddam (Butcher of Baghdad) and his 2 sons in charge as he woud sort out Shias and Kurds as they "deserve" ...

The Lord Preserves the Simple ...

Wouldn't be worse than it is now....

Saddam bad man that he was at least kept a lid on the tensions.

Sometimes it comes down to the least worst of a bad lot.....

We do ourselves and as it turns out the local population no good by sticking our oars in where they are not wanted or needed. The intervention, invasion, call it what you will was deeply unpopular and micro managed by Blair (and his cohorts) despite the intel provided by Dr Kelly.

Remember Blair embellishing the danger of launched missiles of WMD to the UK and the 45 minutes readyness to launch? Everyone with a half a military brain knew this was ******, David Kelly tried to go on record to say as much and look what happened to him.

Blair is a war criminal simple as. He engineered the facts to suit his agenda and instructed his staff to do everything to move his plan on.

After the intervention and the frantic search for WMD everyone will recall none turned up. Blair was forced onto the back foot and his only defence was 'well Iraq is now a better place without Saddam' therefore the war was still justified.

Fast forward a few years and we can now see that was rubbish and some intelligent people were already predicting this would happen before we did it...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5b0_1402690909

Parental discretion advised...

Despite the lack of english subtitles, it shows the religion of peace at work in all its glory.

Whilst I don't recommend watching it with the wife and kids (or at work), the use of a quad copter and some nice editing techniques taken straight from Hollywood at least shows they have other skills except ruthless murder.

It allegedly shows how the ISIS roll.

HOLA443

Despite the lack of english subtitles, it shows the religion of peace at work in all its glory.

Whilst I don't recommend watching it with the wife and kids (or at work), the use of a quad copter and some nice editing techniques taken straight from Hollywood at least shows they have other skills except ruthless murder.

Is that PS4 or XBOX?

HOLA444

Wouldn't be worse than it is now....

Saddam bad man that he was at least kept a lid on the tensions.

Sometimes it comes down to the least worst of a bad lot.....

He did not keep lid on the tensions. He executed all internal and ethnic opposition including their families. It is quite racist and barbaric to suggest that "other" people should be "governed" like that.

Anyway Shias and Kurts are recruiting militias to stop ISIS, what should not be very difficult. Shame that Sunnis and Shias could not make it to live together. Iraqi ex-PM blames for this the current Iraqi PM.

Edited by Damik

HOLA445

He did not keep lid on the tensions. He executed all internal and ethnic opposition including their families. It is quite racist and barbaric to suggest that "other" people should be "governed" like that.

Anyway Shias and Kurts are recruiting militias to stop ISIS, what should not be very difficult. Shame that Sunnis and Shias could not make it to live together. Iraqi ex-PM blames for this the current Iraqi PM.

God i am bored of you and your constant talk of racism, but at least those people on the linked video arent racist as theyre killing people of the same race.

Youre as confused as your idle Blair.

HOLA446

The main problem with Iraq (unlike with the somewhat less dishonest Libya and Afghanistan campaigns) is that the US and UK overthrew Saddam and replaced his regime in perhaps the most arrogant, deceitful, short-sighted, self-serving, and incompetent way possible, with the replacement Vichy style Shia dominated regime in Bagdad now being glaringly revealed as less coherent and solid than Saddam's regime. And things are made worse now with the squabbling factions now armed with shiny Western toys instead of surplus Soviet junk. Things were going downhill at a rate of knots all through 2013 (the most dangerous year since the Western forces pulled out).

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Again, we should be out.

Saddam was "installed" by our side. you complain about him, so we uninstall him and install a new "local" government, which is now being uninstalled by the locals,

is this the solution you are looking for? we intervene, they take back, we intervene, they take back...this could go on a while.

HOLA4410

Oh i see.

What a difference a decade makes.

Ah a video of Suspect number 1 for this current fiasco....

Here is a picture of suspect no 2.

Tony-Blair_998986c.jpg

Maybe if these two had never existed Iraq wouldn't be the god awful place it is now..

Where are they now?

George W Bush.

A recovering alcoholic, he has withdrawn from public office, and has responded well to a course of art therapy.

Tony Blair

Continues to squeeze the UK government like an accordion for money to support his projects, like the picture of

Dorian Gray, he becomes more grotesque by the day.

Edited by geezer466

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

is this the solution you are looking for? we intervene, they take back, we intervene, they take back...this could go on a while.

I believe he's following the Underpants Gnome Foreign Policy:

1. Invasion.

2. ???

3. Democracy!

HOLA4413

Why are they doing that?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Saddam was "installed" by our side. you complain about him, so we uninstall him and install a new "local" government, which is now being uninstalled by the locals,

is this the solution you are looking for? we intervene, they take back,....

Or put another way, we form allies, we betray, we form allies, we betray ...

Remember this:

Iran aggressively pursues these weapons and exports terror, while an unelected few repress the Iranian people's hope for freedom.

..... States like these, and their terrorist allies, constitute an axis of evil

And now?

The United States and Iran on Monday signaled increased willingness to work together to arrest the expanding Sunni insurgency in Iraq, with Secretary of State John Kerry openly suggesting such a collaboration would be constructive

What makes it worse is that the guy who delivered the axis of evil speech, is a born again Christian, and by "evil", they don't mean anything that can ever be redeemed. I wonder just how long it will be before Iran finds out how much loyalty the US has towards the Devil?

Meanwhile, one can only wonder what the Saudis (Iran's sworn enemy and long-time US ally) makes of this ....

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Ah a video of Suspect number 1 for this current fiasco....

Here is a picture of suspect no 2.

Tony-Blair_998986c.jpg

Maybe if these two had never existed Iraq wouldn't be the god awful place it is now..

Where are they now?

George W Bush.

A recovering alcoholic, he has withdrawn from public office, and has responded well to a course of art therapy.

Tony Blair

Continues to squeeze the UK government like an accordion for money to support his projects, like the picture of

Dorian Gray, he becomes more grotesque by the day.

Being allegedly religious and I assume God-fearing, I wonder when Blair gets that bit older and begins to feel his mortality, if he will go completely bananas, when he considers the amount of blood he has on his hands.

HOLA4418

Wow. Just watching the itv news and the Iraq army as a lot of new kit! But they just rolled over; a number of generals have been court marshalled.

I have a former Iraqi general living a few doors away from me - tells me he knew Saddam. Washes his car several times a day. I think he can't believe how much water we have in this country. Seems nice. Doesn't wear a uniform. Perhaps he would be different if he did.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Great movie about Saddam and his kids. It seems that children of dictators are often turned into sadists ... playing with prisoners after school ???

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1270262/

Wouldn't surprise me. However, there appears to be no evidence that movie is anything but a fantasy; others have said that the guy who wrote it pretended to be Saddam's son to pick up girls, and was arrested for impersonating him.

So, anyway, what is step 2?

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Being allegedly religious and I assume God-fearing, I wonder when Blair gets that bit older and begins to feel his mortality, if he will go completely bananas, when he considers the amount of blood he has on his hands.

Blair has already thought of that, his conversion to Catholicism means that he can now confess in the last rites (or at any time for that matter) and receive absolution for any and all of his sins.