House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ChumpusRex

T. S. B. Banking Group Plc. I. P. O.

Anyone going for this?

Still not entirely clear whether this is the good, juicy bits, or the toxic carp? I suspect the former, as the taxpayer will be hoovering up the latter as if its going out of fashion.

Didn't they already flog this to us 25 years ago?

That's the City's business model. Keep churning the same old stock, taking a cut in fees/commissions each time.

Clever innit?

I dare say it'll be 'priced to sell' but it's hitting what appears to be a temporarily overbought market (famous last words) and it'll be a while before it pays a divi. So whilst it might have a very strong b/sheet and be set up to expand lending over time, I'm not sure it'll be anything other than a short term pop. Just like the 80s eh?

I've put myself down for £8k worth. Just in for a quick buck if I can get it. If over subscribed and only 1k per person then not a big loss in interest while they've got my money for a month or so.

Not worth keeping a year to get the bonus shares IMO. Probably dump as soon as possible at a slight profit hopefully.

Yep, I expect this one has some upside. And Lloyds can't afford to let it flop: they need to flog off more of it after the IPO.

Now I just need to decide which pot of money to apply in. Something tax-sheltered: the SIPP or the ISA.

I'm on the fence about this one, on the one hand it could be a quick killing, but on the other

"Potential investors may also be put off by the recent disclosure that TSB has a disproportionate exposure to high-risk interest only loans.

"Bankers spoken to by The Independent described the fact that 45 per cent of its residential mortgages are interest-only loans as 'extraordinary', 'eye opening' and 'extremely high'," the paper reported"

Got half the £8k worth I applied for.

Made a quick £500 selling within the first hour of trading. Up 15%

Price could go either way from here IMO.

Unsure too.

I could sell now and bank just over £500 but the reason I invested was for the long term and I'd have taken 290p so should I buy more?

Hard this share dealing lark.

I reckon a lot depends on when they're planning to sell the next tranche and for how much.

No doubt I'll try for more again and the hassle is minimal if you have a half decent share dealing account. This might turn out to be a share worth trading if it swings up and down a bit.

I'm feeling pleased with myself.

I thought that the sale was deliberately kept low key and lots of negative comments spouted, so I jumped in by pre-ordering shares. I managed to get 2845 shares @ 260p total £7,397. Sold the lot @ 296.325p ea. for £8,429.81 so just over £1,000 in 20 mins of trading.

Be nice if I could do it more often.

Just saw this on Yahoo Finance:

TSB banking group (TSB.L) -LSE :

285.00p, Up 282.40p (10861.54%)

Did someone get his/her sums wrong?

:lol::lol: Yahoo tends to ... um ... quirkiness. Alas, not always not so obvious or as easy to figure out as that one.

285 - 282.4 = 2.60. Remind me: was the flotation price by any chance £2.60?

Even Google - which is generally more reliable - sometimes throws a wobbly. Today for instance it's missed the SMT share split, so it's showing SMT as having lost 80% of its value :o