House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fru-gal

Living In An Airing Cupboard Is No Joke But The Housing Crisis Forced Me To Do It

"Seventy per cent of my salary goes on rent, which is normal among my peers but I'm well aware that this situation isn't right."

They think the same at the BoE that's why they're working flat out to push the figure up to ninety percent.

From the Guardian, so large pinch of salt, but it's undeniable that the "have" older generation are doing all they can to annihilate the "have not" younger one and bleed them to the last drop. When the pinch point comes remember that someone younger will be managing the care homes...

One, she has a made up job editing an online mag called 'Vagenda'

All my sympathy goes on that.

Next, why London FFS? Its a low paying start-up, Why not sleep in a shed at your parents.

Its all f-wits going to London rather than setting out elsewhere.

Look, if you go somewhere and all you get or can afford is anAustrian sex dungeon then that place is saying something - 'F.ck off'

Really, she needs to meet a nice, rich man and settle down and have kids. That'll sort her problems out.

She just needs to ditch those flat shoes, get some nice heals an keep her gob shut.

She appears to have come to London with no money to work for an online startup - and ended up sleeping in an airing cupboard for a few weeks. The airing cupboard is a little bit of a surprise I suppose - I'd have offered any friend a space on my floor or even to share my bed before suggesting they sleep in an airing cupboard.

Without knowing her income and rent, it's hard to say if spending 70% on rent is soul crushingly high or a mismatch of expectations. The Guardian gig must pay fairly well I'd have thought.

sooo the facts....

They recieved a 6 figure advance (£100,000+) for writing a book with the other girl, they received a 3k kickstarter to relaunch the blog which is keeping her in work with the guardian and other newspapers. She .'. earn't a minimum of 50k last year we know about lets assume she earnt 15k on other stuff 65k (although I would have thought more given how she keeps on being invited to talk on radio and tv, and a 6 figure advance could be more than 100k)

65k is a take home of £3,736.77 70% is £2,615 a month to rent a room. She needs to move a little further out of london

The moving to london to get a job and living in her friends airing cupboard bit doesn't match with the "About" section on the magazine where she is an impoverished student living in a North London flat above a pub with her friend. She appears to have come to london as a student and created the blog when she was a student.

http://vagendamagazine.com/about/

N.B. Interestingly for a femanist blog the site http://whois.net/whois/vagendamagazine.com is registered by a man "JOHN FRASER WILLIAMS" from CAERNARFON. John appears to be a TV producer from london.....

http://www.theabsurd.co.uk/archive/2009/thoughts/apr09/poem_jfw.html

John Fraser Williams
A Londoner, John Fraser Williams has produced television current affairs programmes in Welsh and English. Since settling in Caernarfon, and thanks to a Welsh Academy bursary, he is to trace his grandfather's journey to North India and research the effects of the Welsh Mission. A book of poetry will follow.
Google returns a whole heap of stuff on the ex BBCer
Edited by AteMoose

From the Guardian, so large pinch of salt, but it's undeniable that the "have" older generation are doing all they can to annihilate the "have not" younger one and bleed them to the last drop. When the pinch point comes remember that someone younger will be managing the care homes...

I keep wondering when the penny is finally going to drop with some baby boomers that they can't keep screwing the generations below them in order to fund their lifestyle.

I had one telling me to vote UKIP because it'll save me from the working hours directive and so free me to work as many hours as I want (i.e. work enough hours to get a mortgage to buy an overpriced house off them and pay for their pension).

Pretty soon I reckon - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b046kr4j

As long as this Generation Right's anger and action impacts disproportionately the older generations that screwed them over, no f**ks will be given by me. Rock on, I may even join them when they find the truly deserving targets.

I keep wondering when the penny is finally going to drop with some baby boomers that they can't keep screwing the generations below them in order to fund their lifestyle.

I had one telling me to vote UKIP because it'll save me from the working hours directive and so free me to work as many hours as I want (i.e. work enough hours to get a mortgage to buy an overpriced house off them and pay for their pension).