House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ash4781

Balcony Deaths

Two comments spring to mind.

1. How long will it be till balconies have to have two metre high walls.

2. Clear example of natural selection at work.

3. Balconies, sex and alcohol - a dangerous combination.

Two comments spring to mind.

1. How long will it be till balconies have to have two metre high walls.

2. Clear example of natural selection at work.

3. Balconies, sex and alcohol - a dangerous combination.

Unfortunate for them, but how daft does someone have to be....

edit to add:

"They were kissing and stuff, she was telling him to get off her. We then shut our balcony."

Sounds like the responsibility may be with a guy forcing himself onto the woman? Who knows.

It'll probably be difficult for the police to accurately determine what was going on, given that the other occupants of the flat were inside.

In the meantime, I suppose they can improve their crime detection statistics by arresting Samson Oguntayo on a charge of voyeurism. His detailed account of what happened isn't exactly commensurate with a passing glance.

Balconies scare the shit out of me for just this reason. I can't holiday with the kids anywhere that involves staying in a place higher than 4 stories.

Even floor to ceiling full height windows do it for me. I once had dinner a long way up the Petronas Towers with my back to the window. I had to drink myself into a stupor to cope. And I kept my curtains shut at my hotel for my entire stay. Horrible.

I'd be perfectly safe from mid-penetration-defenestration; what doesn't get up doesn't come down.

being foreign, they probably misunderstood what muff diving was.

I just keep wondering what position they were using, and how they both managed to go over.

My assumption, from what was reported, was that she was sitting on the rail and he was in front of her. She's either fallen backwards, or they've been messing around, grabbed the guy and then he's had nothing to steady himself against and her weight has pulled him over as well.

being foreign, they probably misunderstood what muff diving was.

Aye! Yer divvent need a parachute fer that! Maybe a gas mask? :wacko: