House Price Crash Forum

Security Tagged Joints Of Meat At Asda And Morrisons

HOLA441

They've just started doing this at my local Asda and Morrisons.

It made me feel a bit sad.

Although I don't know how it works because they don't take anything off the packaging like they do with a bottle of whisky. Does the barcode scanner decativate the tag? Or are they not really tagged?

HOLA442

I'm sure I've seen security tagged cheese in one Tesco. BTW a lot of stuff in Tesco which says it is security tagged, actually isn't.

I used one of those self scanners to buy some clippers which claimed to tagged and the guy monitoring the checkouts just waved me through saying they probably weren't actually tagged because most stuff wasn't.

HOLA443

Actually I was in toys r us the other day buying something for my kids, I was astonished to see security tags on all the bags of sweets and not high ticket items like lego or electronics. I asked the girl at the checkout and she said people were only stealing the food stuffs. Sign of the times ? you cant eat lego!

HOLA444

Actually I was in toys r us the other day buying something for my kids, I was astonished to see security tags on all the bags of sweets and not high ticket items like lego or electronics. I asked the girl at the checkout and she said people were only stealing the food stuffs. Sign of the times ? you cant eat lego!

More likely it's the kids doing the nicking.

HOLA445

Archived