House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OnlyMe

Jobless Disappearing

More statistical chincanery?

Figures 'hide Capital's real jobless rates'

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/edinburg...m?id=2328842005

John Barrett, Liberal Democrat MP for Edinburgh West, has written to Work and Pensions Minister Margaret Hodge, asking for an explanation.

Through parliamentary questions, Mr Barrett has established that only 38 per cent of the 2540 people coming off Job Seekers Allowance (JSA) across Edinburgh in September went into full-time work.

Mr Barrett said: "I am increasingly concerned that more and more people are being moved off JSA on to other benefits as a way of hiding the fact that fewer are now finding jobs."

Government figures show that unemployment in the Edinburgh area has risen from 5.1 per cent in 2000 to 6.1 per cent in 2005.

Edited by OnlyMe

More statistical chincanery?

Figures 'hide Capital's real jobless rates'

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/edinburg...m?id=2328842005

John Barrett, Liberal Democrat MP for Edinburgh West, has written to Work and Pensions Minister Margaret Hodge, asking for an explanation.

Through parliamentary questions, Mr Barrett has established that only 38 per cent of the 2540 people coming off Job Seekers Allowance (JSA) across Edinburgh in September went into full-time work.

Mr Barrett said: "I am increasingly concerned that more and more people are being moved off JSA on to other benefits as a way of hiding the fact that fewer are now finding jobs."

Government figures show that unemployment in the Edinburgh area has risen from 5.1 per cent in 2000 to 6.1 per cent in 2005.

That may go some way to explaining the 4m people currently claiming incapacity benefit - a record figure which means roughly 12% of the working age population are no longer economically contributing. The low unemployment figures are an absolute sham.

Is everything rigged?

What's the point of playing if they just keep cheating?

Is everything rigged?

What's the point of playing if they just keep cheating?

what scares the hell out of me is that we are paying these people to run the country..

If I acted toward my boss in this way..

If I lied to him, and tried to pull the wool over his eyes.

He would fire me, he would be right to do so.

Gordon Brown, has he done enough now to go to prison.

but we want him to be prime minister..

You get the government you deserve.