House Price Crash Forum

Young Home Owners Are Worried About The Level Of Debt They Have Taken On.

HOLA441

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4990700

This Guy took out a buy to let mortgage at 18, and lived in it himself for 7 years.

Now he's 25 and in trouble me thinks.

I didnt understand at that age either...in 1988 we got a new computer and it had a spreadsheet on it.

I had a go at mapping out the value of my house.

I noticed that the price we paid v the price we were offered for PX on a newbuild was double...I put the rises into the new house and saw in no time at all, I would be a millyonair rodney....the office were all cheering...look at the price in 20 years...wow...then it dawned on me...it was ******.

I now understand that constant growth is only something that can occur in the mid of a mathematician.

HOLA442

Where's my compensation for decade+ renting?

You broke the rules, and so you get nothing, in the words of Willy Wonka.

Except you *didn't* steal fizzy lifting drink.

And you have to keep the everlasting gobstopper... of rent.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Where's my compensation for decade+ renting?

You expect my to have sympathy for the enemy outbidding me for the past 10 years, who are still complaining. Even worse recently, with young couples gurning at the camera for press articles on how clever they've been to buy under HTB. They're "home-owners" now - mostly paying prices which are Twilight Zone crazy.

Particularly annoying since HTB and a new bomad frenzy (and btl frenzy from those who say its not earning anything in the bank.) Let them refinance, pay arrangement fees, see teaser deals revert to SVRs, pay the guarantee fee.

Your compensation is due from the banks, who are the ones taking your savings and handing them over to financially illiterate 18 year olds to bid up prices to stupid levels..

HOLA449

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4990700

This Guy took out a buy to let mortgage at 18, and lived in it himself for 7 years.

Now he's 25 and in trouble me thinks.

Look at his victim syndrome.

That's a property someone else could have bought as a home, at a much lower prices, if it hadn't been for the greed and complacency of such buyers - "it only goes up in value."

I hope his parents get repo'd too. "They made their money in property and hotels." Can only hope they are guarantors of some type or helped with the deposit. Never enough for these types.

Great; hitting 40 and still watching 20-somethings pay mad prices for houses, HTB1&2 enabling them to get around deposit requirements; crazy prices not any concern for them, bomad still active as well as BTL.

Everlasting gobstopper? Buyers/big debtors/bomads have happy "been sold" the exploding candy.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

That's a property someone else could have bought as a home, at a much lower prices, if it hadn't been for the greed and complacency of such buyers - "it only goes up in value."

I hope his parents get repo'd too. "They made their money in property and hotels." Can only hope they are guarantors of some type or helped with the deposit. Never enough for these types.

Great; hitting 40 and still watching 20-somethings pay mad prices for houses, HTB1&2 enabling them to get around deposit requirements; crazy prices not any concern for them, bomad still active as well as BTL.

Everlasting gobstopper? Buyers/big debtors/bomads have happy "been sold" the exploding candy.

:P

HOLA4412

Living the dream. Debt you can't afford to repay. What more to life could there possibly be?

It's worse than that - he can't even afford the interest. In one sense perhaps Larry is living the dream though. He should probably have been prosecuted for mortgage fraud (along with his broker and solicitor). Can't have that though can we?

On the OP, surely the worry can be alleviated with a nice little dose of mortgage PPI?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I'd bet good money he took out a buy to let mortgage, he then stayed in the property and the parents paid the rent/income shortfall.

Now the parents are skint and he has no one to bail him out.

Edited by Lord D'arcy Pew

HOLA4415

It's worse than that - he can't even afford the interest. In one sense perhaps Larry is living the dream though. He should probably have been prosecuted for mortgage fraud (along with his broker and solicitor). Can't have that though can we?

On the OP, surely the worry can be alleviated with a nice little dose of mortgage PPI?

Funnily enough, i succumbed to a "Have i got PPI.com" ad today.

Got 2 live points of attack. Brittania and Barclays.

Always thought this was a bit cheap, but sod it, everyone else is getting bailed out / force fed freebies.

Not least the banks themselves.

So i'll have a shot at the title too, thank you very much.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Your compensation is due from the banks, who are the ones taking your savings and handing them over to financially illiterate 18 year olds to bid up prices to stupid levels..

No, no, no and did i say no! The 18 year olds newly minted debt is handed over to you to save. Now they are struggling to meet your rentier demands. What did you expect....

HOLA4419