House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

justthisbloke

Paging Solitaire...

I reckon I've got one of her/his (sorry, don't know) pet lurgies.

Chap returns from foreign parts (Middle East) with such a ghastly flu type illness that he just conks flat out. Right in front of me - from chatting (but, admittedly not looking too chipper) to 100% unconscious in the blink of an eye. Full on ambulance job. That was last week.

Now I'm sat here feeling just awful. Weak as a kitten, throat on fire. And, generally awful.

Hoping it's just bog-standard 'flu and not the camel plague currently in vogue.

Anyway, should I stop posting, you can put me down as a red pin on your map of doom.

Please call 111 and don't sit in the GP's waiting room spreading it around.

+1 - don't just tell them the symptoms but also tell them the full story about the other guy, returning from overseas, the amubulance, etc.

Oh, don't worry. I hate doctors (and I'm sure they hate me) and won't be visiting them. I'll be sitting here in my armchair for the next few days sipping on lemon and honey and popping the odd paracetamol.

Most people who are generally healthy should just be able to get over flu in about 5 days, with rest and painkillers. There's not a lot you can do with viruses.

Take 10,000 IU of Vitamin D a day for the next few days (until you feel better) it will give your immune system a boost to fight the virus.

I reckon I've got one of her/his (sorry, don't know) pet lurgies.

Chap returns from foreign parts (Middle East) with such a ghastly flu type illness that he just conks flat out. Right in front of me - from chatting (but, admittedly not looking too chipper) to 100% unconscious in the blink of an eye. Full on ambulance job. That was last week.

Now I'm sat here feeling just awful. Weak as a kitten, throat on fire. And, generally awful.

Hoping it's just bog-standard 'flu and not the camel plague currently in vogue.

Anyway, should I stop posting, you can put me down as a red pin on your map of doom.

Possibly Swine Flu, the H1N1 2009 pandemic strain. There has been a bit of a resurgence in cases this year and I know that Oman has an ongoing outbreak. It can be a very nasty virus for some.

Suggest you take good care of yourself and not overdo things for a few days. Considering what happened to your colleague if you continue to go downhill call the Doc.

Most likely though, if it is flu, you'll just feel pretty rough for a bit as 200p says in their post.

Hope you feel better soon.

In the morning take the following:

1 teaspoon of dried tumeric (with water, tastes vile so must be good for you!)

Swag of apple cider vinegar

Swag of walnut oil

Swag of Cod Liver oil

Spoonful of local honey

In the afternoon/evening consume grog.

One variation of essential base ingredients:

I then tend to add spices like cinnamon/allspice/mace etc.

It's easy to session through your depression!