House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cool_hand

Do The Bbc Think We Are Idiots?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27735740

Four items to help you keep to budget

A rise in the Consumer Prices Index inflation rate suggests that the cost of living is once again increasing faster than wage rises.

The most recent figures on earnings showed that they rose at an annual rate of 1.7% in the three months to March, against April's rise in CPI of 1.8%.

This means that people all over the UK are having to keep a close eye on what they spend.

Personal Finance reporter Kevin Peachey explains why four common household items are all you need to keep on top of your household budget.

"Prioritise the essentials like your rent or mortage"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27735740

Four items to help you keep to budget

A rise in the Consumer Prices Index inflation rate suggests that the cost of living is once again increasing faster than wage rises.

The most recent figures on earnings showed that they rose at an annual rate of 1.7% in the three months to March, against April's rise in CPI of 1.8%.

This means that people all over the UK are having to keep a close eye on what they spend.

Personal Finance reporter Kevin Peachey explains why four common household items are all you need to keep on top of your household budget.

"Prioritise the essentials like your rent or mortage"

The majority of the BBC news output has turned into Newsround.

Sell WC1 - the BBC news section is to be gutted.

Stupid number of people, all employed to do variants of the following:

(Posh MILF): Good Evening, I believe something has happened somewhere. Lets go to (Older bloke), who is at somewhere.

(Old Block): Hello, can you hear me? Yes, this something is very important.

(Switch to mobile phone clip of something).

(Posh MILF) Thank you (Old bloke) Later you might see my nipples and Im doing dancing. Over to (Younger totty) for the weather.

I gave up on TV news a long time ago. Its sh1t.

Edited by spyguy

Ensure you sell your kidneys, and family member kidneys (human beings are born with two, one is a spare), so that you have at least 1 year of wages set aside for your overlord to pay the rent or mortgage.

Overlord_pc_uk.jpg

Edited by 200p

Oh no! There's a tenth of one percent difference between two approximated goverment statistics! Everybody cut down to one teaspoonful of suger in your tea!

"Do The Bbc Think We Are Idiots?"

I think the 1%-ers who convinced everyone there was an all powerful super being (god) that promised them an after life if you did what god's representatives on earth ( them ) told you and if they were questioned about god's existence told people that you have to have faith in the recovery his existence......already know the answer to that question.

( Note: This is not having a pop at God, he may or may not exist but I very much doubt he gave anyone a self proclaimed gun wielding authority over the other human beings ).

"Do The Bbc Think We Are Idiots?"

I think the 1%-ers who convinced everyone there was an all powerful super being (god) that promised them an after life if you did what god's representatives on earth ( them ) told you and if they were questioned about god's existence told people that you have to have faith in the recovery his existence......already know the answer to that question.

( Note: This is not having a pop at God, he may or may not exist but I very much doubt he gave anyone a self proclaimed gun wielding authority over the other human beings ).

True enough.

If you want to see just how stupid people can be, try sitting through ten minutes of Psychic Sally.

Sensible people prioritise their rent and mortgage as a matter of course...till the Government decreed that banks should forbear "give you a break", allow payment holidays and indeed, pay your mortgage for you.

prioritising these things are the last thing people need to do thanks to Government forbearance on BANKS.

Thanks to the availability of the internet for cross referencing , the BBC has been revealed to be of the quality of Lord Haw Haw.

Thanks to the availability of the internet for cross referencing , the BBC has been revealed to be of the quality of Lord Haw Haw.

That is correct. For what was once a slightly disturbing, you can't quite believe it but everyone else says it's true sort of a thing is now being seen for what it is...propaganda.

Much like God.

How long till the internet is turned off...for the benefit of national security ?

That is correct. For what was once a slightly disturbing, you can't quite believe it but everyone else says it's true sort of a thing is now being seen for what it is...propaganda.

Much like God.

How long till the internet is turned off...for the benefit of national security ?

They can't just turn the Internet off. They tried it in Egypt and it just confirmed the entire populations suspicion that their government was corrupt.

What will happen will be incremental restrictions on what sites are available to the consumer.the yanks are about to get this soon with tiered packages from their ISP's pay premium rates say $100 per month to access Facebook,google, YouTube, twitter and reddit.

It's more gouging, but governments will be happy as the vast majority will not be able to voice their discontent or spread damaging information.

I'd imagine this site would be kept out of reach if we get our version of this practice.

When we get it that is.

Edited by hans kammler

They can't just turn the Internet off.

I was amazed when I went to china, various western internet sites were blocked.

I agree with what you say...it would need to be "managed".

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

I would actually go further than that.

BBC Trust

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/

The BBC exists to serve the public, and its mission is to inform, educate and entertain. The BBC Trust is the governing body of the BBC, and we make sure the BBC delivers that mission.

Led by Acting Chairman Diane Coyle, and consisting of 12 Trustees, the Trust is the guardian of licence fee revenue and of the public interest in the BBC.

Diane Coyle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/who_we_are/trustees/diane_coyle.html

Born and raised in the North West, Diane was educated at Oxford and Harvard, where she did a PhD in economics. She has worked as an economist and journalist.

Diane was a member of the Competition Commission from 2001 to 2009, which has given her extensive experience in understanding how markets work and how to make competition serve consumers. She has also written many popular books on economics.

Competition Commission

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/competition-commission

The Competition Commission closed on 1 April 2014. Its functions have transferred to the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA)

Competition and Markets Authority homepage

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/competition-and-markets-authority/about

We are responsible for:

- investigating mergers which could restrict competition

- conducting market studies and investigations in markets where there may be competition and consumer problems

- investigating where there may be breaches of UK or EU prohibitions against anti-competitive agreements and abuses of dominant positions

- bringing criminal proceedings against individuals who commit the cartel offence

- enforcing consumer protection legislation to tackle practices and market conditions that make it difficult for consumers to exercise choice

- co-operating with sector regulators and encouraging them to use their competition powers

- considering regulatory references and appeals

Inside the BBC - Marcus Agius, Senior Independent Director

http://www.bbc.co.uk/aboutthebbc/insidethebbc/managementstructure/biographies/agius_marcus/

Marcus Agius, was the first non-executive director appointment to the BBC's new Executive Board, effective from 1 December 2006.

He has taken up the role of Senior Independent Director for the Board.

Barclays chairman Marcus Agius resigns over rate-rigging scandal

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2012/jul/02/barclays-chairman-marcus-agius-resigns

He said "last week's events – evidencing as they do unacceptable standards of behaviour within the bank – have dealt a devastating blow to Barclays' reputation. As chairman, I am the ultimate guardian of the bank's reputation. Accordingly, the buck stops with me and I must acknowledge responsibility by standing aside," Agius said.

Rake is expected to be considered as a candidate to replace Agius in a search process that will be led by the former Cadbury boss Sir John Sunderland.

To answer the OP question.

Yes.

To pay £150 a year for propaganda to be pumped into your house you must be :P

Yes, because Joe Public aspires to be an idiot. They are no longer broadcasting to Nazi occupied Europe, but an obese, single Mother, sitting on a settee, eating a bag of crisps, watching X Factor / Strictly, surviving on Tax Credits and not voting. We live in a society that has uck wits as politicians, of course the government mouth piece will aim at the green crayon brigade.

Much like God.

The technology and means already exists for completely private or public owned networking, so they can shut down/censor the "internet" if they want, people with a brain will just find alternative methods not subject to govt enforcement, like mesh networking:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesh_networking

The technology and means already exists for completely private or public owned networking, so they can shut down/censor the "internet" if they want, people with a brain will just find alternative methods not subject to govt enforcement, like mesh networking:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesh_networking

7 billion cables out the back of my laptop is not very practical IMHO

Sadly this seems to be the case- But then any broadcaster that depends on state funding is likely to be inclined to do the same- not biting the hand that feeds is common sense.

Do the BBc think we are idiots....yes it seems they do:

http://news.sky.com/story/1436689/licence-fee-needs-updating-bbc-boss-argues

"Licence Fee Needs Updating, BBC Boss Argues"

"The call for change comes as MPs suggest the system is replaced by a universal levy regardless of whether people watch television."

i.e. MORE TAX.

The number of people willing to fund this public sector department willingly must be falling. I for one am opting opt.

You don't need the BBC. If there is demand for a new series of Doctor Who or Eastenders, then crowd source it

Just so we're all clear on why there could be jail risk attached to not paying for the ministry of media, while the ministry of something else sets the terms of play:

"The BBC has been forced to double the amount it needs to plough into its pension scheme to £740m over the next four years, to try and plug a funding deficit that has ballooned to £2bn...Licence fee payers will foot the bill, with the BBC shying away from attempting to increase staff contributions after a bruising battle over reforming the pension scheme in 2010 that led to industrial action..."

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/jan/15/bbc-pension-scheme-deficit-licence-fee

"The accounting pension deficit (as defined by IAS 19) has reduced to £1,516million compared to £1,617million a year ago...The most recent actuarial valuation was completed in 2013 and showed a funding shortfall of £2,054million and a plan has been agreed between the BBC and the pension scheme Trustees detailing the contribution amounts to be paid by the BBC over a 12-year period commencing in 2014"

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/annualreport/pdf/2013-14/bbc_annualreport_201314_bbcexecutive_managingourfinances.pdf