House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BlueRat

Guardian Ramping

The house price windfall that is seeing Londoners cash in and move out

With house prices rising in the capital by £4,500 a week, we speak to the families who have swapped postage-sized properties for spacious homes in the countryside.

Suspect an HPCer may have already commented: "Houses in London certainly are magical money shitting machines".

Ah yes, the Guardian - voice of the left-wing. Snigger.

Every time I click articles like this I find the comments are 99% anti-HPI. And yet we keep voting for HPI.

Disgraceful article. Nearly every example is along the lines of I bought my London rat hole for hundreds of thousands of pounds (how is not explained), waited a couple of years, sold it and put hundred K or so towards an massively inflated place in the country.

It's like winning the lottery alright, but only if you can afford the extortionate price of the entry ticket.

Almost none of the people in the article are on a normal income or represent the average FTB. As the OP says, the Guardian is back to faux handwringing/gleeful ramping mode. Disgusting.

Edited by StainlessSteelCat

It is what happens when wealthy foreigners are allowed to buy up property without any controls or proper taxation. Good for those who have got out of sh!thole London at their expense.

With house prices rising in the capital by £4,500 a week, we speak to the families who have swapped postage-sized properties for spacious homes in the countryside

To then become NIMBYs?

It is what happens when wealthy foreigners are allowed to buy up property without any controls or proper taxation. Good for those who have got out of sh!thole London at their expense.

you mean wealthy bomads

Fancy selling a house for £2m and still having to live like this

"That's been the hardest part," says Jayne. "He used to leave home at 8.30am when we lived in London. He now leaves the house at 6.30am and doesn't get back until between 7pm or 8pm."

That woman is going to send him to an early grave.

Yes, they are certainly not rich in time, and probably not money wise either. I do that once a week (and work from home for the rest), I can't imagine doing it five days a week.

Edited by StainlessSteelCat

At least she gets the house. Another fool along shortly.

I hope they're still heavily mortgaged.

Only to the max....

We were meant to be sensible and put our money in the bank and not spend so much of it. But we maxed our budget. The equity from our Wandsworth property helped us buy a much bigger house. We've maxed the mortgage as well. We put the dream first, I suppose.