House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darkman

Is This The Real Sexism In The Uk?

A woman indecently assaults a minor and records it on her phone. A man encourages her to do so and watches the videos. Now unless I'm reading these sentences incorrectly (and they can be hard to follow) the man has almost twice the sentence compared to the woman.

You can debate who is most guilty, the perpetrator or the commissioner of the offence. Personally I think the perp is the more guilty party. She carried out the offence and is guilty regardless of whether anyone encouraged her to do it. Since when is "they told me to do it" really a mitigating factor?

This is just a very blatant example of sexism in our legal system against men. They're both scumbags of course. But I would have swapped the sentences around, the woman getting over 10 years.

I also think lenient sentences for women are partly responsible for the outbreak of female teachers having sex with their underage pupils. Where is the deterrent?

Summerfield admitted three counts of assault of a child under 13 by penetration and two counts of sexual assault of a child under 13 after pleading guilty on Monday January 27. She was sentenced to six and a half years’ jail for each offence, to run concurrently.

Eldridge was convicted at the same court after denying six counts of commissioning a sexual offence.

He was sentenced to 10 years’ jail on each count, to run concurrently.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/local-news/sex-assault-couple-jailed-after-7230275

Juries are loathe to convict women and when they do judges don't want to send them to prison. The usual explanation is that children need mothers. It begs the question, do they not need fathers?

A woman indecently assaults a minor and records it on her phone. A man encourages her to do so and watches the videos. Now unless I'm reading these sentences incorrectly (and they can be hard to follow) the man has almost twice the sentence compared to the woman.

You can debate who is most guilty, the perpetrator or the commissioner of the offence. Personally I think the perp is the more guilty party. She carried out the offence and is guilty regardless of whether anyone encouraged her to do it. Since when is "they told me to do it" really a mitigating factor?

This is just a very blatant example of sexism in our legal system against men. They're both scumbags of course. But I would have swapped the sentences around, the woman getting over 10 years.

I also think lenient sentences for women are partly responsible for the outbreak of female teachers having sex with their underage pupils. Where is the deterrent?

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/local-news/sex-assault-couple-jailed-after-7230275

Ian Watkins springs to mind, and he's certainly facing a much longer sentence than the women involved. Absolutely x a million+ deserved as the ultimate scumbag. However, the case above is the reverse and still the man gets the longer sentence. Yes, blatant sexism.

Juries are loathe to convict women and when they do judges don't want to send them to prison. The usual explanation is that children need mothers. It begs the question, do they not need fathers?

Replace 'women' with 'white people' and suddenly the academics ears ***** up.

admitted three counts of assault => 6.5 years

after denying six counts => 10 years

It's quite normal to get a shorter sentence if you admit everything

Spoilsport! I was just cranking up my level of outrage.

admitted three counts of assault => 6.5 years

after denying six counts => 10 years

It's quite normal to get a shorter sentence if you admit everything

His denial might deserve some extra time, but 4.5 years more than the person who actually carried out the abuse? It still doesn't add up. She admitted to five btw, not three. Three of assault and 2 of sexual assault, all of which are in a more serious league of depravity than his IMO.

the charge of commissioning is the clue here....she will probably have said she was in fear of him when he "asked" her to do it.

the charge of commissioning is the clue here....she will probably have said she was in fear of him when he "asked" her to do it.

Yes I had that thought too. And it probably served her well. Though in the real world who abuses a minor because they fear someone? Any normal person would go to the police way before any abuse took place.

Yes I had that thought too. And it probably served her well. Though in the real world who abuses a minor because they fear someone? Any normal person would go to the police way before any abuse took place.

quite, but criminals are by their very nature, outlaws.

Oo, I dunno. The depravity of the selfish should not be underestimated. We speculate about it all the time on this forum.

It would help if the judgment was published, rather than rely on newspaper reports.