House Price Crash Forum
Ash4781

Diesel Price Cuts

Looks like diesel cuts this weekend as pump prices fall back to Feb'11 prices. On mobile so can't post a link. I suppose it will put more money back into peoples pockets. Will the MPC be happy with this ? Merv would have tried to counter this?

Looks like diesel cuts this weekend as pump prices fall back to Feb'11 prices. On mobile so can't post a link. I suppose it will put more money back into peoples pockets. Will the MPC be happy with this ? Merv would have tried to counter this?

Dunno if it's back to prices of over 3 years ago but fuel has been relatively affordable for the last 5-6 months. It's still at ridiculous prices though.

This country is currently.............

...........SKINT!

..................anything poular/necessary WILL be taxed to the hilt..........

....................get used to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I thought rising prices were good. Does the 'crash' in fuel prices correlate to other prices collapsing.

Personally I thought the uptick in cpi last month waa due to an Easter timing effect. I expect CPI to be weak as the supermarkets are supposedly cutting prices. Other sectors too like fuels and lubricants i expect to fall. Electronics as usual. Tablet prices have collapsed. Dvd, cd's. I don't have the full sector list. Services maybe the thing that is stopping the CPI crashing But again I ddon't have the cpi sector breakdowns

In France diesel is usually around 1.25euros (£1.01), and unleaded 1.47 (£1.19). It's definitely more economical to run a diesel car, and the difference in cost with unleaded helps a lot too.

Why is it taxed so much in the UK?