House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darkman

Led Zeppelin Re-Issues....... Not So Great

I checked out the bonus tracks on these new re-issues of the first 3 albums. Previous experience with re-issues has generally not been good. There was certainly some good material on the Bowie re-issues, but some of it was so awful I can imagine a new listener being turned off. Why denigrate album like Ziggy with acoustic demos with sheep-like vocals? You just damage the artists reputation.

Anyway these Zep re-issues....... very poor IMO. The 1st album just has an additional album of live shows. No studio tracks at all. No hidden gems. So pretty much a write-off if you ask me.

The 2nd and 3rd albums both do have studio work, but it's largely pointless. Why did Page put backing tracks on there? They might be handy to solo over if you're a guitarist, but for listeners it's utterly pointless. I just don't see why he did this?

The other tracks on the 2nd and 3rd are interesting at best. Nothing more than that. Again, the demo versions of previous known classics seems pointless. If you've already heard the perfected take of a song, why then listen to an inferior version which is mostly identical anyway?

Key To The Highway is worth the release, and La La is worth hearing once I'd say. But considering Page spent two years compiling these issues, they're very disappointing. Clearly the barrel has been scraped and every last penny grabbed.

1/10 for these re-issues <_<

Did you pay for them in some way, either physically of download. If you did, job done, mission accomplished.

With these sorts of bands anything worth releasing would have been done so years ago. There are no hidden gems.

Did you pay for them in some way, either physically of download. If you did, job done, mission accomplished.

Nope. I don't volunteer to be fleeced.

Nope. I don't volunteer to be fleeced.

Led Zeppelin were never that good!

The version of immigrant song on the bbc sessions is great, faster. That would be the only other purchase I'd consider