House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crashmonitor

Baroness Rawlings More Practical Advice For The Poor

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/consumertips/10878700/Dont-waste-the-lobster-thrifty-tips-from-a-Baroness.html

From the woman who offered pensioners advice on electric blankets, she has now moved on to more practical money saving tips for the poor.

These include advice on Melba toast, lobster and marquee hire.

Love the lady myself..........use an electric blanket and indeed never waste food.

Personally, I use 8 outdoor patio heaters surrounding the house on full, to keep the micro environment warm.

Electric blankets are for proles.

Always buy proper soap for guests as you can use it afterwards. In fact if you don't want guests cluttering up your house, just buy a neighbouring property which always comes in handy if you need storage space.

I must say she is looking pretty damn good at 75 on all this ''thrift''............. yes I would.

That's a life of leisure for you, a lot of film / pop stars also look a lot younger than they are.

She is in the process of selling her home – which has 15,870 sq ft of living space and 38 acres of grounds - and downsizing to a smaller property after splitting from her partner, financier Paul Zuckerman.

She was previously married to Baron Wolfson of Sunningdale.

Or marry a financier & get a £300 a day jolly in the House of Lords.

Kerching!

If times get really hard sell your overpriced 13 bedroom mansion & its 38 acres to another rentier parasite.

Not sure how much a marquee for 200 people costs per day but 200 Panama hats will be the thick end of £10,000. Gonna take the daft old bint a fair bit of melba toast to recoup that blowout.

Keep baskets and pots for plants, send old newspapers to the fishmonger, mend socks and sheets

Somewhere in a small market town nearby a fishmonger is wondering why old copies of the Telegraph keep turning up in the post.

I'm only surprised it doesn't include tips like:

A peasant rendered down into tallow is a economical and eco-friendly source of lighting. Give the remaining bones to the dogs to avoid dental decay and a trip to the vets.

Yes, that's a good idea of collecting your guests soap especially as you can collect any pubic hair that has lodged there. This can be used to floss with of course.

It sounds like somebody's "imaginary aunt"! :wacko:

What are these napkins she re-uses? Non-U proles like me only use serviettes.

I'm not that posh! My grandad had a "crapper" at the end of the gardan!

I'm not that posh! My grandad had a "crapper" at the end of the gardan!

So did my Aunt, not that she ever used it. She usually gave up halfway down the garden path and crapped there.

So did my Aunt, not that she ever used it. She usually gave up halfway down the garden path and crapped there.

I knew somebody that worked for the council, when they came to clear out the house of one tenant they found that the toilet flush had broken.

But they'd continued using it anyway, and when it was full started working their way out into the hall :mellow:

She only saw the photos but they were bad enough.

The Daily Mash could more or less copy that article verbatim and present it as satire.

Yes, and I think that sums up Britain's world-leading newspapers - entertainment and advertising. Look at the comments on the article - apart from a few numbskulls who take it literally, the readers love to hate her, and that's what the editor intended.

ps. She has no reflection in that mirror.