House Price Crash Forum

How Many Staff Should A Ha With 12000 Homes Have?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Life is all about creating unnecessary jobs so that somebody can travel about with their laptop and look important. What's the point of University unless there is the reward of some desk job at a charity or housing association at the end of it. Think of all those team building exercises and other ways the staff can think up to fill their hours.

HOLA444
HOLA445

I'm guessing 200.

CHRIST ! I over-egged my guess as I expected a (public) sector like Housing Associations to be extremely inefficient, but wow!

1 staff per 27 houses is mind-blowingly bad.

Edited by Reck B

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Then they've got to find work for them all.

Better install some new stuff, bathrooms, kitchens etc everywhere and give some refurb/maintenance work to the building cronies. Spin offs for solicitors and accountants etc then some debt for the banks etc. Better install a new computer system with a terminal for all. Some will be necessary of course.

It's just free money taxpayers' money.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Do they do all maintenance in house?

Their gas check vans are co-branded other companies I think.

But general maintenance appears to be fully branded them.

The article doesn't say how much of the 149M investment is being spent on taking 'customers' away from the current locations of offices.

"As well as being a beautiful space the glass atrium allows maximum daylight and helps ventilation and on top of the building is a green roof which encourages biodiversity. The building will be highly engineered to be incredibly energy-efficient and cheap to run."

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Ooooh! They've got a webcam where you can see the progress of the new offices. Here's what it looks like right now:

2z7oc2e.jpg

Ah, glorious Oldham! (Although to be fair it's not much better here.)

Edited by Scunnered

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

My ALMO employs 400 staff, and manages 23,000 Council properties and 800 leaseholder properties. If that is useful for comparison.

Management costs per tenant are £39.22 per week, which is apparently quite low compared to other ALMO's/HA's averaging £56.38

I think one of the cripplers is repairs on what is legacy, cheaply built properties.

Hardly seems to be a day goes by when a repair van isn't outside. Thats how BTL do it. No repairs!

Also a BTL's letting agents will do a lot of the administration.

Edited by aSecureTenant

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

My ALMO employs 400 staff, and manages 23,000 Council properties and 800 leaseholder properties. If that is useful for comparison.

Management costs per tenant are £39.22 per week, which is apparently quite low compared to other ALMO's/HA's averaging £56.38

I think one of the cripplers is repairs on what is legacy, cheaply built properties.

Hardly seems to be a day goes by when a repair van isn't outside. Thats how BTL do it. No repairs!

Also a BTL's letting agents will do a lot of the administration.

My house was built in the 1890's and that sounds high to me, particularly as they might have economies of scale for some things like insurance.

HOLA4425