House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Beans

£730 A Month - Where Do I Sign?

Take out the double bed, replace it with a double with a single bunk up top, and re-let it for £950 PCM! Who says there isn't opportunity left in the current market?

Nice thinking...6 to a bunk? Could use it like one of those phone box games, where you see how many you can fit in it..

Nice thinking...6 to a bunk? Could use it like one of those phone box games, where you see how many you can fit in it..

WHere is the toilet? Is it in that yellowish cubicle?

WHere is the toilet? Is it in that yellowish cubicle?

The sink of course, or perhaps the "shared balcony"?

For the same money you could get a 535i M Sport 5 Door Step Automatic according to www.carleaseplanet.com

Not my ideal car, but you could pull more birds than with that flat, of course you'd have no where to take them back to.

Take out the double bed, replace it with a double with a single bunk up top, and re-let it for £950 PCM! Who says there isn't opportunity left in the current market?

That's a double??

the perfect example of bed and breakfast

How many b&b can you fit into a 3 bed semi....breakfast consisting of a loaf of bread,2 litres of milk and half a dozen eggs a week left outside the door on a monday......nice work if you can get it, not.

We've seen these sorts of articles before. Interesting to note this time though that ....."Agents have had interest but removed listing after receiving 'abusive calls' "

Seems we've moved on from the laughing/jaws dropped aghast stage to one where the peasants are starting to grow angry and restless methinks.

I wonder just what sort of form/nature these abusive calls took? and who they were being directed at? The agents? or the Landlords?

Also....assuming the listing was removed, rather than successfully rented out, the hostile responses (and from other similar ludicrous listings) could be a sign that the 'limit' to Landlord greed, both in terms of asking rents and what is given for it, ha snow been reached?

Edited by anonguest

You get a bucket to slop out each morning. The only difference is that you pay for this prison.

I (and others here) have mentioned and referred to the 'prison cell' analogy before. It is, I believe, very significant. There comes a point where the average Joe will stop and take a hard look at how little his hard earned money gets him and he too will realise that it is a de facto prison cell - and he is a mug for paying for it! It is at that point the broader economy/society goes into a seriously rapid decline. The only people who cannot grasp this are those in Westminster!

I (and others here) have mentioned and referred to the 'prison cell' analogy before. It is, I believe, very significant. There comes a point where the average Joe will stop and take a hard look at how little his hard earned money gets him and he too will realise that it is a de facto prison cell - and he is a mug for paying for it! It is at that point the broader economy/society goes into a seriously rapid decline. The only people who cannot grasp this are those in Westminster!

I think you are right. In fact I'm supprised that we haven't got to this point already. I suppose HB still helps enough people that they don't realise how bad it has become! Yet...

A thought on D-Day.

I am surprised that the current young don't collectively stick 2 fingers up to the establishment made of: government, banks and their parents' generation. This unholy trinity have forsaken any chances for the majority of today's kids to have a decent life, or one even remotely resembling that of their parents.

When I see a kitchen with a single mattress and no toilet for rent in London for over 700 GBP per month I know that the point of collapse has come.

The reasons to participate in this society must be extremely weak these days. I refuse to believe that bright young people are willing to genuflect themselves before iGadgets, a lifetime of debt and cubicle-dwelling as their institutional and family stewards keep carrying on with the biggest inter-generational theft in history.

It's ******ing disgusting.

So had the calls not come through the Agents would have been quite happy to take their cut on this knowing full well that the LL was likely to be breaking the law. I wonder how many other rooms are out there similar to this that are rented out by the backdoor? Certainly seen some slums across London recently.

A thought on D-Day.

I am surprised that the current young don't collectively stick 2 fingers up to the establishment made of: government, banks and their parents' generation. This unholy trinity have forsaken any chances for the majority of today's kids to have a decent life, or one even remotely resembling that of their parents.

When I see a kitchen with a single mattress and no toilet for rent in London for over 700 GBP per month I know that the point of collapse has come.

The reasons to participate in this society must be extremely weak these days. I refuse to believe that bright young people are willing to genuflect themselves before iGadgets, a lifetime of debt and cubicle-dwelling as their institutional and family stewards keep carrying on with the biggest inter-generational theft in history.

It's ******ing disgusting.

Post of the week!

The local council has forced the property off the market saying it's unfit for rental:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/27729033

Apparently comments on "social media" were partly to blame (I wonder if they mean us?)

:lol:

Credit to the council then for calling that hovel for what it is - and pretty quickly too. Credit too for them effectively drawing a line and stating that this was simply a step too far over it. Now lets hope that other local authorities start to exercise some of their powers, show some sense of responsibility to upholding public living standards, and eradicate other similar shameful examples.

It would, however, sadly be too much to hope for current incumbent MPs in Westminster to remotely recognise the profound seriousness of the overall housing situation as starkly illustrated by such examples coming to light.

Edited by anonguest

The local council has forced the property off the market saying it's unfit for rental:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/27729033

Apparently comments on "social media" were partly to blame (I wonder if they mean us?)

:lol:

Have just now seen the slumlords (I will not call him a landlord!) griping comments, about the poor salesmanship shown by the EA.....

"They didn't photograph the bathroom or the [communal] roof terrace," he said.

They also failed to mention the fact that central heating, internet and unlimited hot water were included in the price, he added."

The man clearly has no shame. IF he had continued to let the rooms out in the manner they were originally approved for, as bedrooms only (presumably with a communal kitchen/bathroom/toilet faclities for all residents on that 'block') he would still be raking in a tidy sum?

"I know! I'll install kitchen facilities in each room! Then I can charge £xxx more per year! Brilliant!"

Only in the mind of someone like this could that roof terrace be seen as a redeeming feature. If anything it would probably become an essential to preserve some sanity and health by giving the poor souls living there the chance to get some much needed extra space and air.

This mans greed, and lack of conscience, is such that he gave no thought whatsoever to the people who had to live in them and could only think of how to squeeze even more rent out of the same square footage of property. Even in the face of the prohibition order he has the gall to gripe that the property has been unfairly depicted.

As stated previously by someone else here - disgusting!

Heck, since it's just a place to sleep when you're not working, why limit it to a single renter.

You could have 2 tenants on 12 hour work shifts, one daytime and one nights.

Voilà, double the yeild!