House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SE10

Is Your Borough Better Off?

We took five key indicators that paint a balanced picture of the economic health of an area: average weekly pay, the proportion of people on Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA), house prices, the rate of people becoming insolvent and the rate of new businesses starting up.

From The Wharf (Free weekly rag in Canary Wharf). Apparently I'm 24.6% better off due to increasing house prices... doesn't feel like it to me!

Have they built the Great wall of London sealing off Londinium from the rest of the UK yet?

London's measure of financial gain is really just a measure of how much money the banks are stealing from the rest of the country.

Hammersmith and Fulham -- average wages down 6.2%, new businesses down 5.3%, average house price up 59% = +67.8 total score

Manchester -- average wages up 11%, new businesses up 10.4%, average house price down 23.5% = -18.9 total score

Something tells me that their formula for calculating scores is maybe just a bit off.

Hammersmith and Fulham -- average wages down 6.2%, new businesses down 5.3%, average house price up 59% = +67.8 total score

Manchester -- average wages up 11%, new businesses up 10.4%, average house price down 23.5% = -18.9 total score

Something tells me that their formula for calculating scores is maybe just a bit off.

I left a comment very much along those lines, the moderators have yet to accept it. I shall be generous and assume it's because I left it afer 5pm and they will accept it first thing in the morning :rolleyes:

Have they built the Great wall of London sealing off Londinium from the rest of the UK yet?

London's measure of financial gain is really just a measure of how much money the banks are stealing from the rest of the country.

Maybe that was what the Roman Party was campaigning for. Although I guess that would be rebuild the great wall of London.

That said, the M25 should probably be where the new one would be!

I left a comment very much along those lines, the moderators have yet to accept it. I shall be generous and assume it's because I left it afer 5pm and they will accept it first thing in the morning :rolleyes:

They didn't accept the comment, funny that.

I don't and probably never will work in the city. However I think that that a lot of money the city earns is from dealing with people in other countries, so saying that it is stolen from the rest of the country is very simplistic.

Edited by iamnumerate