House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Purple Slug

How Many Boxes Can You Tick ?

A whole lot:

* from Brighton

* 22 in a £500k flat

* £500k flat in Brixton

* the claim that it's a s*****y development. In fact it's social housing http://www.nottinghillhousing.org.uk/sales/homes-for-sale/oval-quarter-oval-sw9

* the fact that she lives in a £500k flat but has to share

* the fact that the flats are not in fact £500k, but £160k based on 40% of £400k 'full market value'

* brand new car, at any age, let alone 22

* Audi to boot

* the 'highest council tax bracket in London' claim, in fact I think these are band C.

* the idea that the area is safe, when it has gang co-ordinators http://www.vassallview.com/2012/04/ken-pledges-to-tackle-gangs-on-visit-to.html and a 'bloody and chaotic cycle of gang violence' http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/mar/26/bloody-chaotic-gang-violence-thusha and described as a place 'not even the devil would walk through' http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18412180

* the fact, again, that this hellhole tiny ugly slum is supposedly worth half a million quid

* the fact that it's BTL (she doesn't own it)

Anyway, any of the local gangsters wanting to hit up a house with a Mulberry bag AND an expensive watch, they know where to go

http://t.co/GCSdnbW68Z

I suppose s****y was meant to be s*****y, has the Fubra censor been around? Let's see tit, entitlement, scunthorpe....

ed. so the word meaning "posh" is censored out?

A friend of mine lives in an area where you need bars on the downstairs windows, to make the house insurable, and the local pizza shop won't deliver! That's a great postcode, that is!

Thing is, I can get a years membership to my gym, a pair of decent sarcony running shoes, pay the running club fees, buy a nike holdall to hold all my sweaty gym kit in, pay for entry to the local half marathon and buy 25 cans of pepsi max and still get change out of £450.

Edit - and I get the idea some on here think I'm a spendthrift because I don't make roadkill sandwiches and collect rainwater for lunch.

I lived about five minutes from that development, in the super exclusive SW9 postcode, for about ten years.

I splashed out a little and bought the steel grilles you can open and close, rather than permanent bars.

I could wax lyrical for hours about how much of a pit that area is but the first thing that comes to mind is that it is nowhere near Brixton. It's a good 20 minutes walk away. Stockwell, Kennington and Camberwell are all nearer.

I guess Brixton must somehow, in some twisted way, be seen as more aspirational.

I lived about five minutes from that development, in the super exclusive SW9 postcode, for about ten years.

I splashed out a little and bought the steel grilles you can open and close, rather than permanent bars.

I could wax lyrical for hours about how much of a pit that area is but the first thing that comes to mind is that it is nowhere near Brixton. It's a good 20 minutes walk away. Stockwell, Kennington and Camberwell are all nearer.

I guess Brixton must somehow, in some twisted way, be seen as more aspirational.

Excuse me! Official burglars! Would you mind opening that please? :blink:

The others never had riots names after them.

I await the s*****ification of Tottenham. I'm sure a development called Flaming Bus View would go down well with Asian BTL investors.

A friend of mine lives in an area where you need bars on the downstairs windows, to make the house insurable, and the local pizza shop won't deliver! That's a great postcode, that is!

Really sorry to be the one that has to break it to you like this but your friend is a criminal and in prison.

Really sorry to be the one that has to break it to you like this but your friend is a criminal and in prison.

I always thought it a bit odd when I went to stay! He hit me over the head with a sock full of batteries, and pinched me snouts! :huh:

The others never had riots names after them.

True, but in Kennington-Oval's defence it was the area where the poll tax rioters got pre-lagered before marching off and torching the West End.

Maybe Oval based estate agents could work that colourful snippet of history in next time they get the Mail to do them a sly puff piece

The area has become so desirable that residential property prices increased by 25 per cent in 2013 alone - with further increases predicted this year

One thing I was reminded of looking at those photos of Brixton's vibrant market and cafe culture was a few years ago a mate asked me to take a couple of similar pictures for a project he was working on. I rocked up to Brixton market at about nine o'clock on a Saturday morning, with a semi-pro SLR and single not too big lens, and within five minutes two stall holders warned me off from taking pictures, not because they didn't want pictures taken but because a lot of guys had been mugged for their cameras and they 'didn't want any more of that trouble here'...

True, but in Kennington-Oval's defence it was the area where the poll tax rioters got pre-lagered before marching off and torching the West End.

Maybe Oval based estate agents could work that colourful snippet of history in next time they get the Mail to do them a sly puff piece

One thing I was reminded of looking at those photos of Brixton's vibrant market and cafe culture was a few years ago a mate asked me to take a couple of similar pictures for a project he was working on. I rocked up to Brixton market at about nine o'clock on a Saturday morning, with a semi-pro SLR and single not too big lens, and within five minutes two stall holders warned me off from taking pictures, not because they didn't want pictures taken but because a lot of guys had been mugged for their cameras and they 'didn't want any more of that trouble here'...

You won't get mugged for mine! It still needs film! I knew Brixton very well as a lad! I used to "hang out" in The Pride and Clark motorcycle shop, looking at bikes I couldn't afford! :blink: