House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Makeup. Getting Ugly Women Laid For Decades.

I can't read that on my phone but I have found it quite concerning that a blonde wig and make-up turned Matt Lucas into a not wholly unattractive Marjorie Dawes.

Which makes me worry that any woman with a lot of make-up on will step out of the shower looking like Matt Lucas.

Scary stuff.

(though you have to admire the artistry involved - it really is like painting the image of a beautiful face onto a blank canvas)

The difference between what some (alot?) of women look like with and without makeup is indeed shocking.

At least with blokes what you see is what you get, we're ugly bastards 100% of the time ;)

What I have noticed, and this is with young women (under 30), is that when you take the makeup off, they often have very poor quality skin underneath compared to blokes. Lots of little pimples/blemishes ect. This could be due to poor diet but it could also be because having several layers of makeup on your skin for most of the day isn't actually good for you?

What I will say is that for the women in that article that I find attractive; I don't actually find them more attractive with the makeup on. It actually removes some 'character' from their face, if that makes any sense.

Less is more when it comes to makeup; and a healthy diet and exercise will do more for a girl than being an expert at painting her face.

I can't read that on my phone but I have found it quite concerning that a blonde wig and make-up turned Matt Lucas into a not wholly unattractive Marjorie Dawes.

I dated a girl that looked very similar to Marjorie Dawes.

Lets not forget RogerTaylor's Schoolgirl in the I Want to Break Free video:

I_Want_To_Break_Free.jpg

tumblr_mqkd9bS6ab1rbjgjio1_500.jpg

The difference between what some (alot?) of women look like with and without makeup is indeed shocking.

At least with blokes what you see is what you get, we're ugly bastards 100% of the time ;)

What I have noticed, and this is with young women (under 30), is that when you take the makeup off, they often have very poor quality skin underneath compared to blokes. Lots of little pimples/blemishes ect. This could be due to poor diet but it could also be because having several layers of makeup on your skin for most of the day isn't actually good for you?

What I will say is that for the women in that article that I find attractive; I don't actually find them more attractive with the makeup on. It actually removes some 'character' from their face, if that makes any sense.

Less is more when it comes to makeup; and a healthy diet and exercise will do more for a girl than being an expert at painting her face.

Yep. At a distance, quite attractive. On closer inspection, an inch of slap covering poor skin. I don't know which comes first, probably a bit of a vicious cycle - skin gets worse, so obviously the solution is to use more make up.

That's why natural beauty is so incredibly attractive, and hard to replicate. Always go for the women who wear the bare minimum.

(and this applies to their make up too)

I think these are extreme examples but there is no doubt in my mind that 90% of women look better with a bit of make up. Not these levels but a small bit here and there does wonders.

Only options available for men is a bit of diet, exercise, a nice hear cut and a decent clean diet. Takes a bit more long term effort for us, where as an average lady can seriously upgrade her look after a visit to the shops and half hour in the bathroom.

I think these are extreme examples but there is no doubt in my mind that 90% of women look better with a bit of make up. Not these levels but a small bit here and there does wonders.

Only options available for men is a bit of diet, exercise, a nice hear cut and a decent clean diet. Takes a bit more long term effort for us, where as an average lady can seriously upgrade her look after a visit to the shops and half hour in the bathroom.

You clearly haven't experienced the wonders of 'guyliner' and 'manscara'...

130621174030-eb-outtake-guyliner-horizon

Beer is marvelous...it does the exact same job, and the woman doesnt have to do a thing

Scary stuff.

(though you have to admire the artistry involved - it really is like painting the image of a beautiful face onto a blank canvas)

There are plenty of blank canvases! Most catwalk models are pretty plain and have to have "features" painted on!

Mrs XYY wastes £££'s on expensive cosmetics, none of which seem to make much difference to me.

Yet I sup a cheap bottle of whisky, and suddenly she's Cameron friggin' Diaz...

XYY

Women worship the sun a lot more I think. Go to any funfair and marvel at the gipsy folk running things. Men all white as sheets with ginger hair, women orange with peroxide hair. They look like two different races despite mostly marrying their own brothers and sisters.

Rachel Stevens is named sexiest woman of all time, but would she look as good without the slap?:

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/rachel-stevens-named-sexiest-woman-of-all-time-by-fhm-magazine-9482108.html

Where's Margaret Rutherford in that list?

Rachel Stevens is named sexiest woman of all time, but would she look as good without the slap?:

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/rachel-stevens-named-sexiest-woman-of-all-time-by-fhm-magazine-9482108.html

Bit of a strange list tbh:

1: Rachel Stevens

2: Jennifer Lopez

3: Kelly Brook

4: Britney Spears

5: Cheryl Cole

6: Halle Berry

7: Jennifer Aniston

8: Anna Kournikova

9: Keeley Hazell

10: Jenny McCarthy

This reinforces my view that the average age of an FHM reader is 12. Britney Spears ffs!

Bit of a strange list tbh:

1: Rachel Stevens

2: Jennifer Lopez

3: Kelly Brook

4: Britney Spears

5: Cheryl Cole

6: Halle Berry

7: Jennifer Aniston

8: Anna Kournikova

9: Keeley Hazell

10: Jenny McCarthy

This reinforces my view that the average age of an FHM reader is 12. Britney Spears ffs!

Bit of a strange list Frank, although I do approve of Halle Berry! :blink:

I looked at the photos before work but was in a rush so didn't comment. About half of them appear to be photoshop jobs rather than makeup?

My wife will be 40 soon and I still fancy her au naturel- but I don't mind if she puts a bit of slap on either, apart from the fact she seems to think it obligatory to pout all the fackin time if she's wearing it! :rolleyes:

As for me it may be a random boast but I have never met a person, female or male, who has longer eyelashes than me. Gimme a blonde wig and some mascara and it would take you until you'd clocked my 16" biceps and chest rug to realise that I'm more Conchita than Agnetha! :P

As for me it may be a random boast but I have never met a person, female or male, who has longer eyelashes than me. Gimme a blonde wig and some mascara and it would take you until you'd clocked my 16" biceps and chest rug to realise that I'm more Conchita than Agnetha! :P

I think we'd need a photo before we could comment.

Sounds like that scene with Guy Pierce in Priscilla when he tried to chat up a sheep-shearer.