House Price Crash Forum

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Let's have more of these, please!

The only prtoblem...3 bed house locally...probably really worth £120 K in line with inflation :D:D:D

Some way to go.

Still, it's nice to see a motivated seller even at these delude prices.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

I've just seen one of the houses in our village relisted from £575k to £500k.

When this particular type of house (detached, 4 bed, 1 acre land) is £400k, then we're somewhere approaching value.

BUY NOW...BEFORE YOU MISS OUT.....ON THE EXTRA DEBT.

I am selling my 3 year old ford fiesta....was trying for £50k but just reduced it to £40K...are you interested ?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA449

From the interior, looks to me as if it could be a probate sale, or a 'have to sell for care home fees' sale. In which case those dealing with it may just want to get shot, since empty houses are a headache, esp. from insurance POV, and esp. if you don't live nearby.

For these reasons my BIL as executor has recently accepted a much lower than AP offer for an old aunt's house - mind you it was in the NW of Scotland and the agent had admitted to him that the market was dead.

HOLA4410

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44425525.html

"

04/06/2014

• Price changed: from '£499,995' to '£399,995'

28/05/2014

• Price changed: from 'POA' to '£499,995'

23/05/2014

• Price changed: from '£499,995' to 'POA'

20/05/2014

• Initial entry found.

"

the brochure says...

TENURE: We have been advised by the Vendors the property is Freehold.

It is advised to have this information verified by your legal representative; we take no legal

responsibility given by a vendor/seller of its accuracy. It was not possible to verify and obtain

this information given by means of any current documentation.

HOLA4411

No house prices are not crashing, just because some overpriced house drops its asking price toa new high price does not mean the market is crashing.

So long as the banks still have endless credit that is backed by the state/taxpayer there will be no significant crash, it is after all just a credit bubble.

If house drop by 40% from 2007 prices then we can talk about a crash, anything less then this is a correction.

HOLA4412

BUY NOW...BEFORE YOU MISS OUT.....ON THE EXTRA DEBT.

I am selling my 3 year old ford fiesta....was trying for £50k but just reduced it to £40K...are you interested ?

Should have put it up to £60k to reflect the aspirational nature of the purchase. And stuck some twigs in the heading vents.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

OK normally I am pretty downbeat about these sorts of threads.

But I have seen something interesting in a couple of areas near me. The number of properties sold seems to have peaked around Dec 13. Since then there has been no evidence of a significant "spring bounce" while the number on the market is slowly increasing.

Since there has been no macroeconomic event and reading the other threads on here I guess it is due to banks tightening lending.

HOLA4419

probably ..

Margin-debt-June-14.jpg

How about instead of linking a graph, give me a link to a house that is becoming within the realms of being affordable for someone earning slightly above average wage in Southern England.

Until i see that its all just the media and those on HPC talking up a non existent crash.

Edited by Corruption

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

How about instead of linking a graph, give me a link to a house that is becoming within the realms of being affordable for someone earning slightly above average wage in Southern England.

Until i see that its all just the media and those on HPC talking up a non existent crash.

Where are the media talking about a crash? Some talk of a bubble but that's not the same thing.

Certainly there's no crash yet, but interesting to discuss possible early signs of the market (ahem) 'softening'. :P

HOLA4422

Nitpick: You can't have a crash without a turning point. On the bigger issue, however, you're indisputably correct. There aren't any.

HOLA4423

On my street one place has been on the market since February, on at about 2007 peak prices. (140K) Sold sign went up 3-4 weeks ago, a couple of weeks ago it went back for sale. Price reduced by £2.5K. Currently still sitting there.

Plenty of places I track have been on the market since Jan, many have reduced prices, some by as much as £10K and still no buyers.

HOLA4424

Where are the media talking about a crash? Some talk of a bubble but that's not the same thing.

Certainly there's no crash yet, but interesting to discuss possible early signs of the market (ahem) 'softening'. :P

Softening nowadays means prices going up less then the 10% or whatever number Nationwide, Halifax or the posse of other *****as come up with.

Despite having saved lots of money i am well and truly priced out and i blame Gidiot and the LIBCONS more then the f'en scum Labour party.

Oh and i turned on the TV today at the exact moment the Queen opened her wrinkly old mouth talking up schemes to help first time buyers including help to buy and help to buy 2 aswell as keeping interest rates low for an eternity ... She seemed so proud of this line that "her" govt are doing, for "her" plebs. I couldnt put help wish for an end to her and the interbred monarchy the dumfux of this nation are so proud of.

HOLA4425

Forgive me for being obtuse, I too live in the souf innit. In my defense it's going to take more than wishful thinking to pop this bubble.