House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ccc

Spitting At The Urinal

Why do so many blokes (including myself) do it ? People who never spit otherwise. Its very strange.

The opposite reaction you get with the force of liquid forced through a hose under pressure. It's the reaction that makes the garden hose snake around if you drop it while water is still switched on.

Not sure that is behind it. Who knows maybe there is a study into it !!

The opposite reaction you get with the force of liquid forced through a hose under pressure. It's the reaction that makes the garden hose snake around if you drop it while water is still switched on.

Your psychiatrist would be immensely interested in your thoughts on this topic. :P

Your psychiatrist would be immensely interested in your thoughts on this topic. :P

He would also be extremely interested if he knew how I came by the formula for jet reaction:

R = 0.157 Pd squared

Where

R = Jet reaction in Newtons

P = Pressure in bar

d = diameter of the hose In millimetres

Why do so many blokes (including myself) do it ? People who never spit otherwise. Its very strange.

As long as they're gobbing in the piss-pot, seems fair enough to me like.

But if they're between you and another bloke in a block of three urinals, and are spitting on both hands and then rubbing their palms together, then I'd do a runner if I were you mate - else you're probably about to take part in some "ski-jumping"...

;)

XYY

Perhaps a good gob gives you something to aim at.

There could be something in that

BB, you think it's the co-ordinated easing of internal pressures?

That fits with the combination of piss/spit/fart, all at the same time. Is it a girl thing too? Didn't you have an informative post on the reason for wearing skirts?

Maybe the urinal-spit thing for guys is water-association (eg. finger in water induces bed wetting) + identify-target & fire.

Did you suck someone off through a glory-hole, and forget about it, prior to using the urinal?

Does that happen to you a lot?

As a reluctant smoker I gob disgustingly any time I've just finished a fag. I much prefer the cubicles to the urinals though, I get performance anxiety any time I'm trying to take a piss next to anyone else, and I like to wipe the drips off with a bit of bog paper in any case, can't be doing with my keks smelling. OCD ya know.

Isn't spitting in public supposed to be illegal now? I've never heard of anyone being fined for it though.

I couldn't care less about spitting in private, but several times in Indian restaurants I've overheard someone really working up a good gob in the kitchen area. Strangely, it doesn't seem to occur to the owners that such behaviour may be off-putting to customers eating their chicken tikka and naan. Oh well, the joy of diversity :blink:

Does that happen to you a lot?

Unfortunately not for lack of trying.

Until the glory-hole creators out there upgrade from flat wood bits to the larger diameter hole saws I'm permanently excluded.

I wonder if I should make a disability discrimination claim to the facilities owners?

He would also be extremely interested if he knew how I came by the formula for jet reaction:

R = 0.157 Pd squared

Where

R = Jet reaction in Newtons

P = Pressure in bar

d = diameter of the hose In millimetres

Please help, I'm trying to calibrate this:

is d= internal or external diameter. Also, any idea on how to measure the pressure, now that I'm banned from the local BP garage?

As a reluctant smoker I gob disgustingly any time I've just finished a fag. I much prefer the cubicles to the urinals though, I get performance anxiety any time I'm trying to take a piss next to anyone else, and I like to wipe the drips off with a bit of bog paper in any case, can't be doing with my keks smelling. OCD ya know.

That is very common! If urinals were such a great thing you would have one in your own house! Always amazed that some blokes try to stand up and pee on a long distance bus! The loo is like a tiny cell! You can't stand up in it! Anyway after that "complete gentleman" had used it I didn't want to sit down either! :blink:

BB, you think it's the co-ordinated easing of internal pressures?

That fits with the combination of piss/spit/fart, all at the same time. Is it a girl thing too? Didn't you have an informative post on the reason for wearing skirts?.

It isn't something I've ever done. Not have I ever seen any woman spitting before urinating in a urinal. :unsure:

And, no, I wasn't responsible for a post about wearing skirts. I rarely wear them. Though I could do a piece about kilt-wearing. :)

Please help, I'm trying to calibrate this:

is d= internal or external diameter. Also, any idea on how to measure the pressure, now that I'm banned from the local BP garage?

D'oh! Internal diameter!

Try Texaco.

From the article:

Just to be clear, ordinarily, I’m not a spitter. There are of course exceptions, such as: whilst cycling, running or phlegmy cough; the build-up of mucus in these circumstances is quite natural. - See more at: http://drshem.com/2011/08/25/why-men-spit-before-urinating-in-urinal-or-toilet/#sthash.yZJnQX6I.dpuf

Now I also agree with that but you don't see me being captain loogie whilst on the treadmill! Must be an air conditioning thing :wacko:

It's a stupid thing to do imo and shows little respect for the person alongside you. It comes a close second to the chavs that fire a warning shot of spit on the pavement as you approach.