House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

3 Yrs Probation For A Solo Act In A Locked Bedroom

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgo...est/7095134.stm

A man caught trying to have sex with his bicycle has been sentenced to three years on probation. Robert Stewart, 51, admitted a sexually aggravated breach of the peace by conducting himself in a disorderly manner and simulating sex.

Sheriff Colin Miller also placed Stewart on the Sex Offenders Register for three years.

Mr Stewart was caught in the act with his bicycle by cleaners in his bedroom at the Aberley House Hostel in Ayr.

Gail Davidson, prosecuting, told Ayr Sheriff Court: "They knocked on the door several times and there was no reply.

"They used a master key to unlock the door and they then observed the accused wearing only a white t-shirt, naked from the waist down.

"The accused was holding the bike and moving his hips back and forth as if to simulate sex."

Both cleaners, who were "extremely shocked", told the hostel manager who called police.

Sheriff Colin Miller told Stewart: "In almost four decades in the law I thought I had come across every perversion known to mankind, but this is a new one on me. I have never heard of a 'cycle-sexualist'."

Stewart had denied the offence, claiming it was caused by a misunderstanding after he had too much to drink.

The bachelor had been living in the hostel since October 2006 after moving from his council house in Girvan.

He now lives in Ayr.

Although this is rather funny, but how can you be breaching the peace and end up on the sex offenders register for doing something in your private room?

There must be more to this story...

It's funny and sad. It was in the privacy of his own room, the bycycle didn't complain. Now his name is in the public domain as if he didn't already have enough problems, living in a hostel. I wonder how long the cleaners stood there watching.

Although this is rather funny, but how can you be breaching the peace and end up on the sex offenders register for doing something in your private room?

There must be more to this story...

The guy obviously has a problem fetish there I'd imagine. He was however in his own room behind a locked door.

I'm pretty sure shagging your bike in the privacy of your own room isn't actually illegal.

The cleaners should have apologised for interupting him and gone and had a good giggle about it. THen prehaps a disctreet word about it from a male member of staff. Why involve the courts? Certainly going on the sex offenders register isn't at all approriate.

Guest AuntJess
The guy obviously has a problem fetish there I'd imagine. He was however in his own room behind a locked door.

I'm pretty sure shagging your bike in the privacy of your own room isn't actually illegal.

The cleaners should have apologised for interupting him and gone and had a good giggle about it. THen prehaps a disctreet word about it from a male member of staff. Why involve the courts? Certainly going on the sex offenders register isn't at all approriate.

I agree with your conclusions. I think it is sad that someone has no human companionship and resorts to that. I fail to see why it had to be brought to the attention of the police.It was a pretty harmless fetish - if fetish it was - and involved no one else.

We are turning into a nation of 'snitchers' and " holier-than-thou-ers". They might have charged the cleaners with invasion of privacy and voyeurism, just as easily.

I think there is. The bicycle probably cried "rape" The sort of thing that makes the Ayatohla livid. We get a lot of this in Brighton you know. You must have heard about that poor person who had his his Cluad Butler urinated upon by Rumanian one legged juggler

A gross misuse by the establishment of the sex offenders list.

The Sex offenders list was created to identify real sex offenders, something this man was clearly not.

He says he was simulating sex, however that is irrelevent.

Having sex with two slices of liver and a jam jar in the privacy of your own room, that was previously locked is not illegal, so why should a bicycle be so ?

He's clearly a cyclepath.

:lol:

Very good, I tried and failed to come up with anything punny, but would have been proud of that one.

Having sex with two slices of liver and a jam jar in the privacy of your own room, that was previously locked is not illegal, so why should a bicycle be so ?

:blink:

That's a bit Hannibal Lecter laurejon. Do you cook it afterwards or give it to the cat?

:lol:

Very good, I tried and failed to come up with anything punny, but would have been proud of that one.

:blink:

That's a bit Hannibal Lecter laurejon. Do you cook it afterwards or give it to the cat?

The cat is not interested, its always full up as Granny gives it 1lb of butter to lick off each day. :-)

Guest AuntJess
The cat is not interested, its always full up as Granny gives it 1lb of butter to lick off each day. :-)

I see you have read "Portnoy's Complaint" LJ. :D

Really, what has this guy done wrrong? He was mast**bating in the privacy of his home, albeit in an unusual way but so what?. He was harming noone. Putting him on the sex offenders list is knee-jerk and inappropriate. What is left of his life has been pretty much destroyed. Depressing story.

Well, it's typical of this country. You get a bike to reduce your carbon footprint and they do this to you. I bet if he done it to a gas guzzler nobody would bat an eyelid. What if a well known politlcians did it, would they have a courtizan following after in a limo?

a bag of liver? is that a bull or bear thing Laurejon?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7095134.stm

A man caught trying to have sex with his bicycle has been sentenced to three years on probation.

Robert Stewart, 51, admitted a sexually aggravated breach of the peace by conducting himself in a disorderly manner and simulating sex.

Sheriff Colin Miller also placed Stewart on the Sex Offenders Register for three years.

Mr Stewart was caught in the act with his bicycle by cleaners in his bedroom at the Aberley House Hostel in Ayr.

Gail Davidson, prosecuting, told Ayr Sheriff Court: "They knocked on the door several times and there was no reply.

"They used a master key to unlock the door and they then observed the accused wearing only a white t-shirt, naked from the waist down.

"The accused was holding the bike and moving his hips back and forth as if to simulate sex."

Nobody else involved. Door to his room was locked.

How is this different to any other act behind closed/locked door that doesn't involve anybody else, just an inanimate object? Like, for example, a woman with a toy?

(Where's IRRO when you need him anyway?)

Nobody else involved. Door to his room was locked.

How is this different to any other act behind closed/locked door that doesn't involve anybody else, just an inanimate object? Like, for example, a woman with a toy?

(Where's IRRO when you need him anyway?)

Yeah, I agree. Seems ridiculous to charge him with anything.

That was in 2007! Has he been rehabilitated by now? Is he a big Bradley Wiggins fan? So many questions.....

Bradley Wiggins has a bike fetish which he shamelessly conducts in public and gets knighted, this bloke gets 3 yrs and the offenders register.