House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BLOW FLY

Chance To Voice Opinion To Ukip Candidate On Housing.

Just had this email below from local UKIP candidate canvassing me and after support.

Im largely in favour of them mainly because there is zero difference between the other 2 parties.

Im going to reply to his email, just wondering if anyone on here would like to offer opinions particularly on point 2?

Dear ****,

**** ****** has mentioned to me that you may be interested in supporting UKIP here in the local area.

My name is *** ******* and I'm the UKIP candidate for the ******* constituency in next year's General Election. I'm keen to build upon the recent UKIP successes and I believe that the party has a fighting chance of achieving a strong result next year. Having spent much time on the streets, and holding four public meetings, for the recent EU campaign, I get a broad sense that people are genuinely wanting an alternative to the three (or should that now be be two!) establishment parties and are prepared to vote UKIP. Two recent polls (post EU elections) show that up to 86% of recent UKIP voters will stand by the party in next years election.

Thus far my ideas for fighting the election (which, I believe starts now, not next year), are centred around three key areas;

1) The EU referendum question needs to be explained as a choice between UK membership of a free trade association, or of a political union. A more basic "In/Out" question, as advocated by Cameron masks the real options and is fundamentally based upon fear.

2) The housing issue across the constituency. Towns and villages are rightly up in arms about the massive over-developments planned. The fundamental driver is of course the uncontrolled immigration from the EU and people are now seeing the implications first hand. A related issue is the Tory relationships with the developers in the first place. Our incumbent ** ****** has done absolutely nothing to stand up for his constituents on this matter.

3) A restoration of genuine Parliamentary democracy. As a UKIP MP, I want represent the views of my electorate - not those dictated to me by party politics. Parliament exists to protect the rights of the British public and to debate the laws of the land, not rubber stamp directives from the Cabinet. I want to inform the voters that a UKIP vote is not

"wasted": a) because we are now truly capable of winning in national elections, and B) because a vote for a UKIP MP is one for somebody who'll vote according to the needs of the matter at hand, according to conscience, not blindly along party lines.

Other points will follow, particularly as and when the UKIP policies and manifesto become available.

I am of course happy to answer any of questions - please feel free to get in touch.

If you would like to become involved in actively supporting UKIP locally, I'd be delighted to welcome you on board. We have a very small team of active members, and certainly one without access to either the numbers or resources of the other parties. Any support you could offer would be very much appreciated.

Its an easy populist policy - ive even thought of standing as a 'save our fields' type nimby candidate in past elections - its £70k + expenses a year to do jack all if you win. Of course, then i'd renege and build everything anyway. :lol:

I guess just mention to the guy that half of growth in the south is internal migration plus the birth rate exceeding the death rate. Unless theyre going to deport everyone whose got here since 1997 (perhaps not a bad idea!) we need houses. We all have our own opinions, personally id like to see more houses built, but id be perfectly happy if not one more barratt/persimmon/redrow shoebox estate were ever given permission.

UKIP are uber-nimbies. It's the one bad thing about them IMO. I seriously doubt free market diatribes are going to make them change their mind either, it's in the DNA of the party, though maybe not the DNA of Nigel Farage.

Had to hold my nose a bit when voting for them knowing that it would be considered assent to planning idiocy.

UKIP are uber-nimbies. It's the one bad thing about them IMO. I seriously doubt free market diatribes are going to make them change their mind either, it's in the DNA of the party, though maybe not the DNA of Nigel Farage.

Had to hold my nose a bit when voting for them knowing that it would be considered assent to planning idiocy.

At least theyre honest about it. Unlike liblabcon who talk at length about house building and still managed to give us a housing crisis.

This is the trouble for liblabcon. I look at every issue and the UKIP solutions leave a lot to be desired. But then liblabcon have had the chance to do something and failed.

At least UKIP are right on the EU. They might be with the other parties on everything else, but theyre wrong on one less thing.

At least theyre honest about it. Unlike liblabcon who talk at length about house building and still managed to give us a housing crisis.

This is the trouble for liblabcon. I look at every issue and the UKIP solutions leave a lot to be desired. But then liblabcon have had the chance to do something and failed.

I think they're entirely dishonest. Farage ditched their manifesto, so nobody knows what they stand for outside of immigration and the EU. That means they're just a referendum party, gathering votes like Britain's Got Talent.

I think they're entirely dishonest. Farage ditched their manifesto, so nobody knows what they stand for outside of immigration and the EU. That means they're just a referendum party, gathering votes like Britain's Got Talent.

Actually no one knows what any party will stand on in 2015 with great detail. So with that attitude I guess you will spoil your ballet.

I'd take the opportunity to explain to him that the problem isn't lack of housing, it's the price of housing.

Surely more supply would reduce the price? It did in Spain - which was a shame for the banks.

Theyre anti-property rights, pro-government libertarians, thats all we know so far. :lol:

Similar to sharia law theocracies supporting womens rights by allowing them to allow their husbands to beat them into line. Thats about how much sense their take on 'libertarian' makes to me, anyway.

Surely more supply would reduce the price? It did in Spain - which was a shame for the banks.

It also worked in Ireland, and the USA.

I want the people to regain their rights to be able to build homes for themselves, currently this right has been sold off to the FTSE builders. there is almost ZERO chance of the average persone being able to gain planning permission to build their own home and since evrybody needs a home to live in it should be a fundamental right of everybody in the country.

I'm not talking about uncontrolled planning either. I am talking about local development plans for every town and vilalge in the country to specify low density residential development areas where self builders can build their own homes.

If there are no self build plots available at 1xaverage salary per plot then more permissions are automatically granted.

Yes, that's the current VI line, anything to deny the fact that there is a house price bubble.

When they do build more houses the builders want 10% more for them than they sold the last development for.

You need a massive oversupply before the less perceptive investors realise that they have just lost their shirts and are forced to stop buying, as in Spain and Ireland.

And we know how the sheeple love that, hence the reason Camoron is worried?

It won`t. They could build ten thousand boxes on the edge of some posh little town, and most of the boxes won`t sell, and the mentalists already established in the town will still think their little pile is worth 750k. We need a reduction in how much people can borrow, and rates moving up to get the message across. There is no housing shortage, there was just too much credit given out, and this is the mess it has caused.

...Unlike liblabcon who talk at length about house building and still managed to give us a housing crisis.

There is no housing crisis. Property is simply overpriced - that is not a crisis.

....They could build ten thousand boxes on the edge of some posh little town, and most of the boxes won`t sell, and the mentalists already established in the town will still think their little pile is worth 750k. We need a reduction in how much people can borrow, and rates moving up to get the message across. There is no housing shortage, there was just too much credit given out, and this is the mess it has caused.

+2 million.

It won`t. They could build ten thousand boxes on the edge of some posh little town, and most of the boxes won`t sell, and the mentalists already established in the town will still think their little pile is worth 750k. We need a reduction in how much people can borrow, and rates moving up to get the message across. There is no housing shortage, there was just too much credit given out, and this is the mess it has caused.

... and as I always like to point out, 20% of the UK didn't get wiped out by a virus in 2008 either. There's no housing shortage, it's all about easily available credit, or not. So with that in mind maybe UKIPs NIMBY non house building policy isn't so bad, because there's no shortage of properties anyway.

Edit: What I'd be more interested in is their view on foreign investors. Which I can't imagine would be too favourable.

Edited by Starla

You'd have better results by sending your housing complaints to a nationwide editorial, not some outside political party with questionable ethics, loony members, and largely unknown policies.

British politicians and their policy only ever perform to the level expected to get them their next election win.

Europeans are the least of the worries in the UK. ie; Phil and Krusy are home grown. As are the bums in the seats in Westminster.

Our housing dilemma is built on greed and ignorance; traits which we excel at.

You'd have better results by sending your housing complaints to a nationwide editorial, not some outside political party with questionable ethics, loony members, and largely unknown policies.

British politicians and their policy only ever perform to the level expected to get them their next election win.

Europeans are the least of the worries in the UK. ie; Phil and Krusy are home grown. As are the bums in the seats in Westminster.

Our housing dilemma is built on greed and ignorance; traits which we excel at.

Not true, as nationwide editorials have shown a complete inability to investigate and report honestly. With the exception of the Tele's piece on MP expenses fraud, most newspapers actively suppress news for the government or their pet ideology. Look at the Guardian and the Tower Hamlers election!

I'd write to the UKIP candidate and say yes, immigration and foreign ownership are part of the issue, but also providing there is a need for decent opportunities for building (and self build) as there were in the post war years. Ask him whether if there is no building on green belt, UKIP has a zero population growth policy, as that is the only logic way of ensuring no building demand.

Not true, as nationwide editorials have shown a complete inability to investigate and report honestly. With the exception of the Tele's piece on MP expenses fraud, most newspapers actively suppress news for the government or their pet ideology. Look at the Guardian and the Tower Hamlers election!

I'd write to the UKIP candidate and say yes, immigration and foreign ownership are part of the issue, but also providing there is a need for decent opportunities for building (and self build) as there were in the post war years. Ask him whether if there is no building on green belt, UKIP has a zero population growth policy, as that is the only logic way of ensuring no building demand.

Also, get out and make a difference yourself.

Complaining about immigration while British folk expect ridiculous prices for housing... pretty tight on us.

Skimming off tunneled monies through London from all over the world, bankrolling despots, exporting death and instability for profit.

Britain got rich off of the back of others; why is it a problem for those of whom we've profited from coming here to share the riches?

We get upset when people win lotteries, get bonuses, sell houses for a profit, see somebody get a nice inheritance, others getting promotions or wage increases, your mate finding a tenner on the pub floor.

UKIP = loony party + sour grapes of uppity subjects

Edit: What I'd be more interested in is their view on foreign investors. Which I can't imagine would be too favourable.

Farage is a commodities broker - his professional career is international. They play the little Englander card to win votes but I would bet a fair wodge they would be totally open to overseas "investment". Let's be honest most countries will let foreigners buy property. Look at the Chinese buying Canada. Neither country has reciprocal freedom of movement of people in the same way the EU does.

Farage is a commodities broker - his professional career is international. They play the little Englander card to win votes but I would bet a fair wodge they would be totally open to overseas "investment". Let's be honest most countries will let foreigners buy property. Look at the Chinese buying Canada. Neither country has reciprocal freedom of movement of people in the same way the EU does.

Yes, it has to be part of a scheme of sovereignty measures. Euphemism's used by the globalist traitors like 'foreign direct investment' trumpeted as a good thing of course take the place of selling the national legacy due to your children off to foreigners.

We need energy sovereignty most of all, then food sovereignty.

Yes, it has to be part of a scheme of sovereignty measures. Euphemism's used by the globalist traitors like 'foreign direct investment' trumpeted as a good thing of course take the place of selling the national legacy due to your children off to foreigners.

We need energy sovereignty most of all, then food sovereignty.

I'm using French electricity to heat up a Chinese meal here! :blink:

That's the theory. But the Piketty data seem to disprove it. Scary.

Theyre anti-property rights, pro-government libertarians, thats all we know so far. :lol:

I'm not hostile, just curious in particular about what UKIP supporters want to achieve.

There was a set of Yougov poll results posted in another thread that showed there's a hard-left tendency there.

Clearly Farage has no serious representative intent for the party - maybe for himself and certain core members who want to man up with some faction of the Tory party once UKIP evaporates.

I'm interested in the supporters rather than the leaders - at the moment I'm confused: they seem like Roundheads and Cavaliers at the same time. I guess my terms of reference are defective.