House Price Crash Forum

Nimbys Defeated In Court

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
“I’m really very sad. People said we were Nimbys but we are not. We just didn’t want to lose this vital piece of green land,” she said. “It was somewhere to go. You brought your kids out there. You had bonfires on bonfire night – you could roast your potatoes in the embers. It used to be packed in the summer. People would have barbecues. Now children are all on computers,” she added.

Heaven forbid the Supreme Court comes between the NIMBY and their sacred dog pooping grounds

Sounds a public nuisance with all these bonfires and noisy children though.

Edited by aSecureTenant

HOLA444
HOLA445

I'm sorry, but for me this is a bit of a pyrrhic victory.

Build 105 council homes (for local people with ties to the area) with no right to buy by all means, but 105 'affordable homes'? FFS!!! We. All know what that means. <_<

HOLA446

I'm sorry, but for me this is a bit of a pyrrhic victory.

Build 105 council homes (for local people with ties to the area) with no right to buy by all means, but 105 'affordable homes'? FFS!!! We. All know what that means. <_<

Quite. I despair at the concept of the 'affordable home' - it means subsidised by the taxpayer or the other buyers on the new estate. The problem of the bubble and the new bubble is not going to be addressed through the current set up of clueless politicians and legions of hangers on. If 2007 is the norm - the new floor, then we really are in trouble as a nation - we clearly have the wrong people in charge.

Edited by tinker