House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Police Officers Accused As Low-Caste Teenage Girls Are 'gang-Raped And Hung From A Tree' In India

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/police-officers-accused-as-lowcaste-teenage-girls-are-gangraped-and-hung-from-a-tree-in-india-9450875.html

India is reeling after it was revealed two low-caste teenage girls were gang-raped and murdered and their bodies left hanging from a tree. It has been alleged two police officers refused to investigate the incident after the girls’ families reported them missing.

Officers in the north Indian state of Uttar Pradesh say the two cousins were attacked by five men, who killed them and then hanged their bodies from mango trees early on Wednesday morning. The girls were aged 14 and 15.

In the aftermath of the assault, the relatives of the two girls refused to allow police to collect the bodies from where they were left and blocked a nearby road by means of protest. Television channels showed the bodies slowly swinging while the villagers sat beneath them. Eventually, officers recovered the corpses and they were sent for post-mortem examination.

“We have registered a case under various sections, including that of rape, and one of the accused has been taken into custody. There were five people involved, one has been arrested and we are looking for the others,” said Man Singh Chouhan, a senior police officer.

India clearly has some deep rooted problems.

As has Pakistan, where a woman who married for love against her family's wishes was bludgeoned to death by that family in front of the court building, with police looking on. Her husband's entreaties to them resulted in him being told to phone the Police helpline. According to the Telegraph, the family did the same to her sister.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/10863732/Sister-of-Pakistani-woman-bludgeoned-to-death-also-murdered-by-family.html

Coming to an un-named London Borough in fullness of time. The religion of peace and harmony, diversity and inclusion.....

Coming to an un-named London Borough in fullness of time. The religion of peace and harmony, diversity and inclusion.....

Not sure it has anything to do with religion. Both examples - first is India, second Pakistan - are about commanding sex.

The Indian example sounds more like irredeemable slavery, as in the southern states of America. (And it looks like segregation in education is coming back in Alabama.)

It is just appalling. Words do not convey how awful this is.

I keep having a dream, in recent months, where super intelligent aliens land in Hyde Park and promise to help Humanity by feeding and housing everyone, curing the sick, etc. Saving the whales and elephants.

But then they also begin to judge all the evil whackjobs and nutters on the planet - they give the super rich 24 hours to get rid of all their wealth except for one house... and if they don't then they will be transported to Africa or India to experience life in those countries struggling to feed and shelter themselves daily.

The leaders of the main religions are told that they have to give up their control freak nutjob rules - one being that they have to stop being nasty to women otherwise all the priests, rabbis, mullahs, immans, etc, will be turned into women within 24 hours. Ditto for all the women-hating men in Pakistan, Saudia Arabia - in my dream the men of the House of Saud are all turned into women - and then all the corrupt western politicians, who arrogantly pretend they are not corrupt, are also given 24 hours to change their ways or to find themselves trying to make a living on a rubbish dump in India.

You get the drift.

For the other 99% of us the aliens bring peace, health, food replicators and universal peace and understanding.

Oh, and all the trasgendered men and women get to be, um, the men and women they really want to be. (I had to add that bit as, in my dream, all the trannies pretended that they were doing nasty things to the opposite genders so that the aliens would give them a DNA sex-change.).

See, this is what happens when you eat cheese before going to bed.

Back to this awful, awful crime in India.

You know something, it frightens me that we now have large groups of people in this country - supposedly British - who come from places like India, Pakistan, the Middle East who share the same worthless view of women as the men who raped and murdered these two girls.

Not all immigrants from those countries think that way - I have to say this both because it is true and also as the politically correct aveat - but I am concerned that some of them do. You only have to look at female circumcision or women brainwashed into wearing veils to see what is happening all around us.

I digress.

I hope that there is a better after-life and that these two young women are now somewhere wonderful :) God help their families and friends.

Not sure it has anything to do with religion. Both examples - first is India, second Pakistan - are about commanding sex.

The Indian example sounds more like irredeemable slavery, as in the southern states of America. (And it looks like segregation in education is coming back in Alabama.)

Maybe not this example but...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-27599325

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24540073

There are at least another dozen links like that if I could be bothered to interrogate the search results closer.

http://www.ohchr.org/EN/NewsEvents/Pages/DisplayNews.aspx?NewsID=14650&LangID=E

“Every year, hundreds of women are killed in Pakistan as a punishment for marrying a man their families have not chosen or for refusing an arranged marriage,” Pillay said. According to the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, 869 women were murdered in so-called ‘honour killings’ in the country last year, but the real figure could be much higher, with many such killings believed to be disguised as accidents, or not reported at all.

Maybe not this example but...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-27599325

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24540073

There are at least another dozen links like that if I could be bothered to interrogate the search results closer.

http://www.ohchr.org/EN/NewsEvents/Pages/DisplayNews.aspx?NewsID=14650&LangID=E

Hard to tell.

I worry about our domestic liberties. If energy grows in expense we'll probably come under the same compulsions. May be religion covers up the cause, but it's not the cause - more probable it's the easy excuse for the critics, the opium of the opposition who fail to see the reduction of economic choices. The poor in Pakistan and India have suffered a lot with food inflation and water restrictions. I suppose we'll get stuck with blackouts and the cost of transport forcing people onto tax credits for income.

Not sure how you compare these events to anything in America. But with links I'd be willing to look..... :blink:

As for India having deep rooted problems, that's rather an understatement.

And realistically you can lump in Pakistan and most of Arabia in there too. These places have a somewhat stone age attitude to the female gender. In fact that's an insult to the stone age, because I don't picture cavemen gang raping young girls and hanging them in trees. I could be wrong, but you know what I mean. This behaviour is beyond demented, and does make you appreciate that the Western world is light years ahead of so many other countries. Women are routinely stoned to death, flogged and gang raped often with their own family's approval! You couldn't make this depravity up. But it's real.

Is it coming to an inner city near you? Well obviously it came here years ago. There have been numerous cases of honour killings and worse all over the UK. Hopefully we can actively re-educate some of these communities in the ways of modern civility. But if they continue to isolate themselves it's very difficult.

On a more positive note, you have to cross your fingers that other cultures will eventually evolve into more advanced behaviour pattern. What else can you do?

Is it coming to an inner city near you? Well obviously it came here years ago. There have been numerous cases of honour killings and worse all over the UK. Hopefully we can actively re-educate some of these communities in the ways of modern civility. But if they continue to isolate themselves it's very difficult.

On a more positive note, you have to cross your fingers that other cultures will eventually evolve into more advanced behaviour pattern. What else can you do?

The problem is that they bring about their 'culture' by threats - they use violence, rape, acid in the face, murder to spread what they believe should be the order of things on the planet. By using these people gradually stop challenging them - I wouldn't want to be a female journalist in the UK today who publicly challenges these evil aspects of fundamentalism Islam. Would you?

So, gradually, an atmosphere of silence and fear grows up even in modern western countries like this.

At the same time the politically correct here - bizarrely amongst them many feminist women in the media - will call anyone who challenges such things a racist.

Christianity, with its non-violence 'turn the other cheek let's hug our enemy' attitude is also a loser when you take on cultures and mindsets that believe killing is a way to paradise.

There was a story from a couple of weeks back about a Muslim cleric suggesting woman should only breathe if they are expressly permitted to do so by a man. I can't find the link !

These men are so badly educated - they're only education is the bigotry, hated and bile they had brainwashed into repeating constantly in those religious schools.

Reminds of me when the Iranian Revolution happened and the mad mullahs were told that US spy satellites were spying on them - so they ordered their air force to fly up and shoot them down. At which point those pilots who had not already defected, or been murdered, got into their aircraft and promptly flew to another country.

There was a story from a couple of weeks back about a Muslim cleric suggesting woman should only breathe if they are expressly permitted to do so by a man. I can't find the link !

If it's the DM, please don't link.

While I don't doubt that women are treated far more badly in many countries than in the UK, let's remember these are news stories and not necessarily representative of the entire culture. Horrific things happen in the UK too from time to time, but that doesn't make us all peadophiles, rapists and murderers.

While I don't doubt that women are treated far more badly in many countries than in the UK, let's remember these are news stories and not necessarily representative of the entire culture. Horrific things happen in the UK too from time to time, but that doesn't make us all peadophiles, rapists and murderers.

There isn't that much pressure anyway which our government can bring to bear on India or Pakistan to stamp this behaviour out but apologist sentiment like this simply serves to strengthen the hands of the abusers.

The UN is a trusted body which publishes figures. They indicate it is a problem and one which needs tackling.

Yours is the same sentiment which had led to the election abuses in Tower Hamlets. This should have been stamped out years ago but has now got to a siltation where if the Metropolitan police or Electoral Commission have to act there will be riots on the streets.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/andrewgilligan/100273741/lutfur-rahman-adviser-there-will-be-street-violence-unless-people-stop-complaining-about-tower-hamlets-election/

Mr Zaidi is now, as he was then, political adviser (a council appointee and publicly funded post) to the extremist-linked mayor of Tower Hamlets, Lutfur Rahman. Now his unique communication skills are going to land him in further difficulty.

Desperate to stop the widespread concerns about voter intimidation which have completely ruined his boss’s great re-election triumph, Mr Zaidi has today written a quite extraordinary post on the Trial by Jeory blog saying: “If those who still seem unable to accept the result continue as they are, it will spill out onto the streets where even the cleverest machine politicians will not be able to manage it.”

You need to read the Mail more often. :)

There isn't that much pressure anyway which our government can bring to bear on India or Pakistan to stamp this behaviour out but apologist sentiment like this simply serves to strengthen the hands of the abusers.

The UN is a trusted body which publishes figures. They indicate it is a problem and one which needs tackling.

Yours is the same sentiment which had led to the election abuses in Tower Hamlets. This should have been stamped out years ago but has now got to a siltation where if the Metropolitan police or Electoral Commission have to act there will be riots on the streets.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/andrewgilligan/100273741/lutfur-rahman-adviser-there-will-be-street-violence-unless-people-stop-complaining-about-tower-hamlets-election/

I think you missed the subtlety of my point. Of course I'm not condoning or apologising for these horrific crimes in any way. The perpetrators should be caught and punished, and the greatest efforts should be made to ensure such horrors don't happen again. And if the statistics indicate that India has a particular problem with law enforcement to protect women then, yes, more work needs to be done.

My point was simply that you can't judge a culture purely on newspaper headlines. Taken alone, the Shipman case doesn't indicate that English doctors routinely kill old patients, nor does the Fritzl case indicate that Austrians routinely imprison and rape their daughters.

I don't see what Tower Hamlets has to do with it.

I think you missed the subtlety of my point. Of course I'm not condoning or apologising for these horrific crimes in any way. The perpetrators should be caught and punished, and the greatest efforts should be made to ensure such horrors don't happen again. And if the statistics indicate that India has a particular problem with law enforcement to protect women then, yes, more work needs to be done.

My point was simply that you can't judge a culture purely on newspaper headlines. Taken alone, the Shipman case doesn't indicate that English doctors routinely kill old patients, nor does the Fritzl case indicate that Austrians routinely imprison and rape their daughters.

I don't see what Tower Hamlets has to do with it.

Accepting a culture unequivocally which is all part of the diversity programme means offering some latitude when that culture goes about it's day to day business.

Not generally a problem when everyone stays in harmony and within the law but if it doesn't then it has to be dealt with and quickly and robustly.

Of course in the case of Tower Hamlets it hasn't been and we now have a problem with 'fixed elections', one that when they try and solve (if they try and solve it) will lead to rioting on the streets.

Very likely the authorities risk assess the problem and determine the solution (as they did last time) is not to use the law and punish wrongdoing but to tighten procedure to try and stop the abuses in the first place, (that approach seems to have failed miserably).

So we have a culture that is beginning to see the way they manage elections as the norm and more importantly that little is being done by the authorities to combat it.

That way is the slippery slope and could well end with woman being treated as slaves perhaps even stoned to death on the streets on East London.

I'm really not sure what your point it. Yes, transgressions against the law should be dealt with quickly, robustly and fairly without any prejudice. I've no problem at all with that. Elections should be fair and transparent, and any wrongdoing rectified as a matter of urgency. As a matter of fact, I disagree strongly with the expansion of postal voting since it makes it impossible to tell if a vote has been cast freely. IMO, postal voting should be permitted only in exceptional cases. Votes should also be counted transparently by disinterested parties under the supervision of outside observers.

What I don't agree with is your attempts to define whole cultures in terms of their criminal elements.

Standard leftist appeasement and moral relativism. You're nothing if not consistent.

Our culture is better than theirs. Can you bear to imagine that?

General Napier had the right idea on multiculturalism in India.

"Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs."

I'm really not sure what your point it. Yes, transgressions against the law should be dealt with quickly, robustly and fairly without any prejudice. I've no problem at all with that. Elections should be fair and transparent, and any wrongdoing rectified as a matter of urgency. As a matter of fact, I disagree strongly with the expansion of postal voting since it makes it impossible to tell if a vote has been cast freely. IMO, postal voting should be permitted only in exceptional cases. Votes should also be counted transparently by disinterested parties under the supervision of outside observers.

What I don't agree with is your attempts to define whole cultures in terms of their criminal elements.

Not so..

The Page 2 leader in the Daily Mirror yesterday cited an example. From memory, it seethed at a recent study that states two thirds of the population declare themselves racist - what it claims has been called the 'Jeremy Clarkson' factor and that it is a firmly entrenched attitude among the white middle classes.

It was spun as a hardening of attitudes. What it fails to acknowledge, of course, is that a majority aren't racist.

We see Asian landlords merely asked to remove For Rent notices which stipulate no whites. We see a gang of Somali Muslim girls let off a gang beating charge because they were drunk and they don't usually drink because their religion forbids it. Any hint of anything the from the opposite perspective would be taken far more seriously, we have seen evidence of persons brought before the bench and fined because of a racist letting notice.

Example? A friend's son, who happens to be just a little handy but doesn't look it, was set about by a gang of eight Asian lads. He beat the lot. They then played the race card and he got time even though they started it. Compare that with the Somali girls mentioned above.

I have Muslim friends and colleagues. Good people, and humble in the sense that they just get on with life and treat all well. I feel dreadfully sorry for them, in that they're tarred indiscriminately by the media as 'Muslim'. Equally, I'm sure - Tower Hamlets is an example - that there is venality and complicity among others of the same religious persuasion. And that there is also corruption and complicity relating to the Labour party in particular.

If attitudes are becoming more entrenched, then it's only because of the, frankly, p1ss-taking of the kind we see here. The hand-wringers and apologists have only themselves to blame and it should be made clear that we will not tolerate such behaviour. That's not a racist statement - it should apply equally to any colour or creed. However if one or other racial group is more guilty than others, then it should be held to task. The law is the law is the law.

I don't see evidence of election fraud in Kensington or Brisitol or a curriculum hijacked to take certain educational path in Norwich or Grimsby. Why do you think that is?

Your post reads like a bland "right on" line from a school text book.

I dare say everyone reading it knows very well already that not all Indians like to go out for a weekend stroll and hang some young girls. And not all Indian policemen like to cover up weekend hangings. But thanks for pointing that out for anyone who didn't :rolleyes:

Secondly, though very true your point is actually irrelevent. Why? Because it doesn't matter if it's a minority acting in a depraved way. The point is it happens. And personally I wouldn't be sending any daughter of mine on a backpacking holiday through India. I could tell myself she'd largely be safe. But I'd know a problem exists in the region, and sometimes females are in extreme danger. I don't care if the risk is large or minimal. If the decision is about life or death, political correctness gets flushed.

And no you can't compare rapes and murders in the UK to this issue. UK cases are usually lone individuals, not communities colluding with each other to conceal these crimes. In the UK police officers generally won't collude with rapists and murderers through a mutual disregard for females. There is not an underlying cultural tradition of killing females who do not obey. India, Pakistan and Arabia clearly have huge issues with gender equality. I'm guessing it will take centuries for these areas to reach an equal level of enlightenment to the Western world. The crimes against women in these places is off the scale. A truly sub-human cultural throw-back running through communities like something from The Wicker Man. Absolutely no comparison can be made to crime in the West IMO.

What's interesting is the confusion this throws up for radical feminists and PC brigade dummies. The ill treatment of women is definitely a choice topic for them, but white men can't be pinned with this one. The idea that an ethnic minority in the UK may have imported some very bad habits towards women just doesn't fit in with the PC guidebook. Thou shalt not target minorities but thou shalt always pursue misogynists. So errr how are you going to deal with this? I can't wait for the pamphlet sent to all white men advising them not to gang rape and hang young women with help from the police :lol:

Don't even get me started on the dire treatment of homosexuals around the third world. I just find left wing dogma (or any dogma for that matter) a great topic because it's hilarious poking at a house of cards.

Standard leftist appeasement and moral relativism. You're nothing if not consistent.

Our culture is better than theirs. Can you bear to imagine that?

Do you have some sort of comprehension problem? I've stated that the culprits should be caught and punished, and that the greatest efforts should be made to prevent such horrors from happening again. How is that appeasement or moral relativism?

Just for the record, since you all seem determined to miss the point of my post:

I think the treatment of women in India, Saudi Arabia and many other countries is generally appalling, and I don't hesitate to condemn it absolutely. The world would be a better place if such atrocious behaviour could be stamped out, and I strongly support all efforts to do so.