House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

okaycuckoo

@hiddencash: Mystery Benefactor Twitter Clues Lead To Money

Frothy BBC piece about people finding cash - "gas money" - hidden in a treasure hunt in California.

Then the guy who's paying for it comes out with this, no comment from BBC - it's in Time magazine:

“I have made my fortune in real estate, and have been able to accumulate multiple properties, whereas so many people can’t afford to buy a house or even a small condo in San Francisco. People who work just as hard or harder than me. So I wanted to give back … But I also wanted to do something that would give back in a fun way, and get people involved.”

“My message for the ‘haves’ is to be a little more generous, and to give back more,” HiddenCash adds. “I know so many wealthy people who are selfish and greedy, and just want more, more, more. When is it enough? When will you be satisfied? Take a step back, relax, and give back a bit. Putting smiles on other people’s faces will put a smile on your face. Believe me.”

http://time.com/118882/twitter-scavenger-hunt-hidden-cash/

So this is around the same time as the Carney speech - the propaganda struggle to limit responsibility and liability begins.

Frothy BBC piece about people finding cash - "gas money" - hidden in a treasure hunt in California.

Then the guy who's paying for it comes out with this, no comment from BBC - it's in Time magazine:

http://time.com/118882/twitter-scavenger-hunt-hidden-cash/

So this is around the same time as the Carney speech - the propaganda struggle to limit responsibility and liability begins.

I'll quite happily pay for my own diesel thanks, and a goddamn house too given the chance.