House Price Crash Forum

7,313 Homes Have Been Sold So Far Under Help To Buy

HOLA441
HOLA442

I would think so too, funny those figures don't seem to be quoted in the media. .

I liked the table on the link but couldn't post it as a table, only in plain text

Indeed. Media (being told to) focus on the stat that only 14% of lending was to London. Ignoring the fact that this was also the largest %.

HOLA443

Given the comments of Danny Alexander on sunday and now the PM I think it's fair to say that there isn't going to be any scaling back of HTB2.

In fact, I still think we'll have further stimulus before the election - probably suspension of stamp duty below £250K.

If they do that, I'll do what I did for the Conservatives in the 1979 election. Spend election day picking up potential UKIP voters in my car and driving them to the polling station and back. Ye Gods, that was thirty five years ago, how time flies.

HOLA444

Radio 2 reporting every hour that government figures show that Help to Buy is not contributing to a housing bubble. Alan Dedicoat sounding particularly empatic and belligerent repeating the line at 5pm.

Apparently first time buyers can never cause housing bubbles, and neither can propping up the 'low' end of the market (apparently the average Help to Buy property is under the quarter-million average). Also London is the only place in the UK where you could possibly even contemplate there being a bubble, currently.

'Bubble' seems to mean whatever the BBC and the government want it to mean. In particular it can never be applied to the increases that accumulated between 1997 and 2007. Those are all perfectly valid, natural price improvements which will never ever be reversed no matter what happens.

Disgusting to have this propaganda repeated endlessly without challenge.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Radio 2 reporting every hour that government figures show that Help to Buy is not contributing to a housing bubble. Alan Dedicoat sounding particularly empatic and belligerent repeating the line at 5pm.

Apparently first time buyers can never cause housing bubbles, and neither can propping up the 'low' end of the market (apparently the average Help to Buy property is under the quarter-million average). Also London is the only place in the UK where you could possibly even contemplate there being a bubble, currently.

'Bubble' seems to mean whatever the BBC and the government want it to mean. In particular it can never be applied to the increases that accumulated between 1997 and 2007. Those are all perfectly valid, natural price improvements which will never ever be reversed no matter what happens.

Disgusting to have this propaganda repeated endlessly without challenge.

I had to turn off 5live at about 5:15pm to prevent myself ending my own life by crashing into a central reservation.

And breathe...

HOLA447

If the housing market was a working, fair, functional market there would be no need for props like HTB.....no help would be required....only shows you how much it has been weighted, controled and manipulated.....only goes to prove how dysfunctional it has become. ;)

HOLA448

The message that Help to buy sends is that the UK Government will stand behind UK property prices with taxpayers money- what better reassurance could a humble oligarch need when considering laundering his money through central London's property market?

So HTB is fueling the bubble-( the one they also say does not exist. :blink: )

HOLA449

Listening to local radio yesterday. The news section started with HTB figures for the region.

Thats not ******ing news is it?

It's a government informercial. I'd love to know who decides to put this shit on the airwaves, or if there is any special systems in place behind the scenes which force radio stations to put out articles like this.