House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Father Fred

Nethouseprices.com

How realiable are these sites? I always assumed they were pretty realiable, but I've just looked up a property on nethouseprices and myhouseprice and they both say it was last sold 4 years ago. My solicitor has the latest registration from a year ago. He says a remortgage should only show on the charges register but the main register was changed a year, implying that it was sold then and registered and therefore why is it not on these sites?

Any thoughts?

FF

Sometimes it just does take ages apparently.

Also, if the property was a commercial transaction - it will not be included in nethouse prices figures.

Also, if it was held in a company & sold as a company the shares will be sold - so the property won't be listed (I think)

Sometimes it just does take ages apparently.

Also, if the property was a commercial transaction - it will not be included in nethouse prices figures.

Also, if it was held in a company & sold as a company the shares will be sold - so the property won't be listed (I think)

The property is registered to an individual. It is a house and has always been a house! The land registry documents show it as changing hands December 04, why does NHP show zilch!?!??!?!!?!?

Buggin' me!!!

FF

The property is registered to an individual. It is a house and has always been a house! The land registry documents show it as changing hands December 04, why does NHP show zilch!?!??!?!!?!?

Buggin' me!!!

FF

Absolutely no idea.

Have you tried emailing them? they say something about making them aware of errors?

Guest Charlie The Tramp

I have found that it is best to pay the £2 fee to the LR for up to date information. What surprises you find in the charges register.

A few I have checked on which have been sold the past four years show price not stated

ps.

You are right... properties are often held in companies thus a change in ownership of the company does not result in a change in ownership on the register.

This is done because stamp duty on shares is less than stamp duty on property. I've recently looked into an office development in the City. The ownership structure is

Japanese Co owns -

US Co which in turn owns -

Another US Co which in turn owns -

UK Co which in turn owns -

Several UK companies, one for each building in the development.

If the Japanese company wishes to sell one of the buildings all they need to do is sell the company, which (I think) will trigger 0.5% stamp duty on the shares for the buyer rather than 4% stamp duty on a large property transaction. Potentially this may mean the buyer is prepared to pay 3.5% of value extra for the companny compared to if they were buying the property itself - in this case that could be £7M. It's great how easy it is for the rich / big companies to avoid tax, and how bloody hard it is for the rest of us.

FF

I have found that it is best to pay the £2 fee to the LR for up to date information. What surprises you find in the charges register.

A few I have checked on which have been sold the past four years show price not stated

Trouble is, cost, hassle and the fact that for most normal research you want to know a street and not a particular property. It'd bug me paying for something that 9/10 times was worthless as you had the info already.

Trouble is, cost, hassle and the fact that for most normal research you want to know a street and not a particular property. It'd bug me paying for something that 9/10 times was worthless as you had the info already.

O got one of these to prove to a guy that a house in his street worth £150-£160K (Allegedly) Sold for £100K.

So just to prove a point I got a LR report.

IT WAS USELESS CRAP!!!

But well worth the £2 to prove my point :)

Someone in the flat below us exchanged in Feb this year and it was only added to the www.houseprices.co.uk last week.

So that's 9 or 10 months. Won't always be like that - but looks like you could have to wait anything up to a year for them to add it