House Price Crash Forum

HOLA441
HOLA442

At one co. I indiscreetly revealed that my ambition was not to be top paid in the office (I was second or third) but rather to.have the oldest non-classic car in the car park.

It became a running joke.

Some will become classics though.

Saw an old black Ford Granada recently - looked class.

Also saw a car I haven't seen for years for some reason. The class 1980/90's Jaguar XJS.

What a nice looking car.

HOLA443
HOLA444

I was followed out of a car park today by an E reg cavalier.

Most exciting thing that happened all day.

Nice. My dad had a red 2.0 Sri. The one with the wee black spongey spoiler. Was pretty speedy if I remember.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Was going to ask if he met your aunt after crashing into her whilst she was driving a car shaped like a giant tw@t and post a picture.

For the record, when my uncle met my aunt, she was driving a pink 1934 Jordan-Price "Chlamydia".

Well I say 'driving', it was upside down in a ditch (as usual). That car spent almost as much time on it's back as my aunt.

HOLA447

GM chains DO go unfortunately.

Yup, guy I knew had the chain snap on his 2.2 petrol. Something about less than pristine oil blocking lubrication via a nozzle.

Plenty of cars older than ours ('97) around these days, and those that remain are not necessarily rustbuckets on borrowed time either. I often see previous gen Corollas to ours knocking about too, which is encouraging.

As long as parts remain available and major repairs avoided many should keep rolling for a while yet.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Kudos indeed. I have respect for people who drive old cars. :)

I have some way to go until I have the oldest car in my works car park. Mine's 10 years old. The spoils go to the owner of the N reg Fiat Cinquecento.

Best car in the work car park goes to a Manager, prob on a 6 fig salary, who drives a Scirocco, 1989 plate. My car is only 13 years old, so extravagent at the moment.

Bloke at work was moaning about being in the office etc, and drives about 50ks worth of Porsche. Doen't he understand that instead of a stupid car he could retire earlier and do something he enjoys everyday. I know it's priorities, but it just doesn't make any sense.

HOLA4410

I don't think Jimi liked left handed strats back then, but you probably already knew that!

I think he was too tight to pay the extra £50 or so Fender charge, for making a short run of left-handers! They are more available today, and I payed the extra £50 for a Telecaster!

HOLA4411

For the record, when my uncle met my aunt, she was driving a pink 1934 Jordan-Price "Chlamydia".

Well I say 'driving', it was upside down in a ditch (as usual). That car spent almost as much time on it's back as my aunt.

Why that was just a plodding old Gormley-Barnet, with a chrome dildo for a hood ornament, and cup holders!

HOLA4412

Yup, guy I knew had the chain snap on his 2.2 petrol. Something about less than pristine oil blocking lubrication via a nozzle.

Plenty of cars older than ours ('97) around these days, and those that remain are not necessarily rustbuckets on borrowed time either. I often see previous gen Corollas to ours knocking about too, which is encouraging.

As long as parts remain available and major repairs avoided many should keep rolling for a while yet.

Older cars still need maintenance! I find oil changes to be a good thing!

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Why that was just a plodding old Gormley-Barnet, with a chrome dildo for a hood ornament, and cup holders!

Few people realise that Leyland's 'badger engineering' was invented in the West Country!

I once bought a 1980 Corvette, only to find someone had changed 'Chevette' to 'Corvette' in the log book and on the car. Both in red crayon!

HOLA4415

Few people realise that Leyland's 'badger engineering' was invented in the West Country!

I once bought a 1980 Corvette, only to find someone had changed 'Chevette' to 'Corvette' in the log book and on the car. Both in red crayon!

I've always thought a 7.0 litre engine in a plastic car is a great idea! :wacko:

I'll bet your uncle had one! Driving round King's Cross with a Bishop at 03:00 hours!

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Left handed plectrums are an absolute must though....

MrPin is a left handed guitarist! I know all the usual tricks like turning a right handed plectrum upside down!

It's good to be a left hander! Nobody "borrows" your guitar! Except Paul McCartney, and I don''t know him!

Archived