House Price Crash Forum
AteMoose

I Voted Ukip Because... The Poll

See Poll (sorry for the off options at the end; Harriot Harmen suggested last night that people were only voting UKIP to shake up the other parties as a protest vote)

Edited by AteMoose

I voted UKIP because I`m fed up of all the double talk from the leading parties and I believe that Farage says it as he sees it...life is full of double standards and I`m sure Farage is capable of them too, but I do not see him stumbling over words to try and say the right thing...he just says it..

it's going on all over europe though....

the latest wheeze from liblabcon is that everybody voted for ukip because they are fed up with the way the EU is run.

that's only partially true, and does not cover why a great deal of the rest of europe lurched to the right.

now, we do need to be very careful not to swing the pendulum too far toward the golden dawn etc in this country..but we need to send a very, very clear WARNING to those who we have deemed suitable to govern the following.

1) YOU WORK FOR US...not lobby groups, not trade unions, not the pope or any other quasi religeous entity who thinks they have omnipotent right.

2) WE DO HAVE THE POWER, in this country, to bring malfeasance and improper conduct during your tenure to book.( this bit has been dormant for a while, but is coming back in a BIG way).

that means those who break their mandate as charged under the terms of office will be held to account, and suitable punishment administrated.

...(by that I mean cash for backhanders and expenses fraud is 15-20 years in the clink, plus permanent de-barring from public office)

..and for those in collusion with foreign entities taking backhanders to play their game without our consent, it's the gallows.

3) as per Zac goldsmiths recommendation, THE RIGHT OF RECALL/IMPEACHMENT WILL BE INSTIGATED(along with US constitutional guidelines on public authority to use force if necessary to remove government bodies exceeding their mandate.

the message is very clear.PUBLIC SERVANTS SHOULD BE SMALL IN NUMBER,HUMBLE IN NATURE,AND KEPT ON A VERY TIGHT LEASH.

Edited by oracle

See Poll (sorry for the off options at the end; Harriot Harmen suggested last night that people were only voting UKIP to shake up the other parties as a protest vote)

That's a stock reason going way back. In the past usually applied to any increase in LibDem support.

For the LibDems it was a reasonably accurate description for a lot of their votes for most of the time until the last general election when the dodginess of the Conservatives and the dodginess of Labour plus the LibDems integrity claims and tuition fees promises etc gave the LibDems a real boost relatively speaking. Only for the LIbDems to immediately become dodgy renegers once given a bit of power.

The UKIP being a new party and now polling massive numbers is far beyond a LibDem style protest vote. It's a real groundswell reflecting things that have been stymied, blocked, discouraged, cul-de-sacked, betrayed and reneged on by the LibLabCon for a long time.

For a lot of people it's the words United Kingdom Independence that are important but at the same time UKIP seem to be developing policies that might being back some democracy to the UK - for instance a couple of days ago UKIP were being reported on the radio as (apparently) becoming in favour of direct democracy referendums for policy proposals.

Edited by billybong

For a lot of people it's the words United Kingdom Independence that are important but at the same time UKIP seem to be developing policies that might being back some democracy to the UK - for instance a couple of days ago UKIP were being reported on the radio as (apparently) becoming in favour of direct democracy referendums for policy proposals.

Now that would extremely interesting, I hope it's right up there in their 2015 manifesto.

I voted UKIP because I am sick of how much it costs to be a member.....

................All the stupid oppressive laws we are currently expected to comply with, etc

the EU only suits Germany - whose economy would nosedive if the EU ceased to exist

In my opinion the EU only suits failed/un-elected politicians who move on to a lucrative "job for life"

....................the EU is pointless unless you are "eastern-European"