House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thirdeye

How Do We Tackle The Housing Market Crisis? By The Experts

The tone of the comments under articles these days is very promising. I can recall it was only 6/7 years ago when talk like that was limited to the 'crashists' on this site only.

The tone of the comments under articles these days is very promising. I can recall it was only 6/7 years ago when talk like that was limited to the 'crashists' on this site only.

The opinions of the 'experts' has shifted somewhat lately as well. EA talking out of their **** as youd expect but otherwise not so bad. All said rising house prices was a bad thing. That in itself is a recent 180, will we ever see another 'joy for homeowners as house prices soar' from the express?

Things are certainly changing for the better.

Of course, if you point out we've being saying that for 10 years you'll be greeted with baffled faces from people who said the opposite only 6 months ago.

Ask the people you know now about their views of house prices, it will be interesting to hear if many people have simply absorbed the new media line and not even noticed it has reversed their previous views.

All that need to happen now is help-to-build gets rolled out and I get to pick up a plot for bugger all and build my family a decent home. Knowing how the systems rigged, it's more likely the government will start offering 'loans' to bid up the price of plots.

Ask the people you know now about their views of house prices, it will be interesting to hear if many people have simply absorbed the new media line and not even noticed it has reversed their previous views.

I noticed this when I was out over the weekend: flat owners who previously have been pro-HPI (even considering BTL as a "pension" plan) talking about how the market needs to crash and speculators/BTLers need to lose their shirts. Would attribute this partly to the new media line but also partly to the dawning realisation of the effects HPI has been having on them personally as they'd all been looking to trade up since late last year and have found themselves either entirely priced out from the start or continually outbid by speculators/the BTL brigade...