House Price Crash Forum

European Results

1929crash

HOLA441

I agree with you that free markets and free movement of peoples clearly doesn't work with national benefits and pay systems.

However, I would rather see a universal basic income implemented right across the Europe. If you were Rumanian, would you bother buying a bus ticket?

A universal basic income across Europe might be logical with the current structure of the EU, but who do you think is going to pay for that?

Free movement of labour (i.e. the US situation) only really makes sense in a federal system where there are fiscal transfers from the rich areas to the poor areas (i.e. the US situation).

The UK, with the highest wages of any of the big EU members, will be the source of funds to pay for those fiscal transfers, most of which will end up in the pockets of the wealthy and well-connected in the low wage areas of the EU. Germany might have a bigger economy than the UK, but average wages in Germany are significantly lower. For the average person in the UK, the European Union is nothing but a lose-lose situation. Look at the poverty rates in New York and California to see your future.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

You mean reinforcing the suspicion that the 45% turnout was the result of a huge ballot rigging exercise run by the mayor and his cronies but which nobody dare investigate because it will look racist?

Yes, that. Although I do find it funny labour changed the demographics of these places (bradford west also) to shore up their vote and then a third party candidate comes along and scuppers their plans.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

They later said that the turn out at the last Euro election was also 34%.

There is a glorious piece of bbcese on their website

EU supporters will be pleased that election turnout was slightly higher.

It was 43.1%, according to provisional European Parliament figures. That would be the first time turnout had not fallen since the previous election

:wacko:

HOLA448
Guest TheBlueCat

BBC News are at a car boot sale, asking people if the voted UKIP and why.

A car boot sale? Yes really! :rolleyes:

If you're the sort of person that works for the BBC that is probably the only place you can think of where there might be some working class people who aren't foreign for you to interview.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

If you're the sort of person that works for the BBC that is probably the only place you can think of where there might be some working class people who aren't foreign for you to interview.

But why would they need to find 'working class' people? To fit their stereotype? Surely a cross section of society would be more representative. I'd have gone for Waterloo station.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

The interview was one of two in Walsall Town market. The first person they interviewed was a young woman going on about immigration. In the background was around thirty Asian men in those funny hats, long white gowns and waistcoats. No white face could be seen. It was brilliant. Wonder why the BBC never used it again ?

HOLA4413

:lol: They're so transparent.

This morning, the top story on the website was about UKIP, but they had picture of Nick Griffin under bold text with a statement from Nigel Farage.

The BBC aren't even trying to hide their bias any more.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Slightly OT. In the Telegraph today Nigel Farage's wife states she is rather worried about his health. He really is a chain smoking, beer drinking fanatic who lives off adrenalin and skips meals.

Now I have always been a bit puzzled about Farage's appearance, despite his enviable head of hair and the fact he is not particularly over weight he looks about 70 to me, he's actually my age 50. Something in the puffiness of the eyes and the extra chins doesn't quite sit right for 50. I suppose he does have a very commanding presence which suggests age beyond his years though. My dad guessed his age at 45!

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Slightly OT. In the Telegraph today Nigel Farage's wife states she is rather worried about his health. He really is a chain smoking, beer drinking fanatic who lives off adrenalin and skips meals.

Now I have always been a bit puzzled about Farage's appearance, despite his enviable head of hair and the fact he is not particularly over weight he looks about 70 to me, he's actually my age 50. Something in the puffiness of the eyes and the extra chins doesn't quite sit right for 50. I suppose he does have a very commanding presence which suggests age beyond his years though. My dad guessed his age at 45!

Well he's never had a chiselled jaw, even in his early 30s.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27056004

70s is a bit cruel. Late 50s is nearer the mark IMO.

HOLA4418

Well he's never had a chiselled jaw, even in his early 30s.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27056004

70s is a bit cruel. Late 50s is nearer the mark IMO.

I think it goes beyond his looks, he really seems like the Daddy with his commanding presence. However, the fags and workaholic drive have definitely taken it out on his puffy eyes and lines.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

love all the foreigners when they're over here, then kill them on mass in the Middle East.

Standing up for workers rights, unless they are working overseas in a sweatshop.

Blairs morality only ever went as far as our borders.

He doesnt sound like he's got a permanently blocked nose when he talks though, unlike miliband.

HOLA4422

He doesnt sound like he's got a permanently blocked nose when he talks though, unlike miliband.

Miliband looks like a Tory inspired plant. 25% of the popular vote against a difficult economic inheritance for the Tories says it all about Miliband. Amazing that insiders who elected him couldn't see what everbody outside the party faithful could see as plain as daylight. Or perhaps they could and it was just bloody minded self indulgence and f**k the voters. ''He sounds weird, looks weird, is weird'' and makes Labour unelectable.

HOLA4423

Miliband looks like a Tory inspired plant. 25% of the popular vote against a difficult economic inheritance for the Tories says it all about Miliband. Amazing that insiders who elected him couldn't see what everbody outside the party faithful could see as plain as daylight. Or perhaps they could and it was just bloody minded self indulgence and f**k the voters.

To be fair the Labour Party didn't elect him; the unions did.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Miliband looks like a Tory inspired plant. 25% of the popular vote against a difficult economic inheritance for the Tories says it all about Miliband. Amazing that insiders who elected him couldn't see what everbody outside the party faithful could see as plain as daylight. Or perhaps they could and it was just bloody minded self indulgence and f**k the voters. ''He sounds weird, looks weird, is weird'' and makes Labour unelectable.

Wasn't it union backing that got him through? The unions simply chose the candidate most likely to assist them, and who can blame them. But unfortunately it made the party un-electable. No one wants a duck as PM :D

Archived