House Price Crash Forum
200p

Youtuber Builds Own House.

So this video is just some loaded knob showing off his flashy house?

Good luck with the heating bills, including heating the pool. I also note his flashy rear balcony looks right down over his neighbours gardens. How nice for their privacy. I bet they love their new resident.

/rant

Edited by Darkman

Built up 7M subscribers on Youtube. How I don't know.

Not sure people would want to watch me play GTA

Credit where credit is due. It least he's not a BTL landlord (yet)

Edited by aSecureTenant

Well don't shoot the messenger, I speak the truth. Go out there and produce a passive income asset. This is what Generation-z are doing to escape the zero hour contract, bankster / NIMBY ruling class minimum wage prison.

The next generation of politicians will win their campaign though accessibility, charisma and likability. And this war will be waged on the Internet via smartphones. I am surprised there isn't a politician who runs a daily video log, although they do use Twitter. Think Tony Blair, the return Part 2!

JurassicPark125.jpeg

The plight of Generation-Z. "Life will find a way" as Jeff Goldblum eloquently said. I reckon 1m subscribers = £1m at some point. Remember a passive income asset produces income even when you sleep. Sure it is anecdotal, but like the discovery of penicillin, I am seeing non-correlated tangible evidence that should get people to sit up and notice something. They started to use penicillin in World War 2 way before the randomised double blind trials were complete as the results were eye opening. I am not going to say it is going to work for everyone as you have to start with an idea, but you never know....

Here's Zoella with nearly 5m subscribers, you don't have to play games or be a male to make it. Feel free to watch the video - I have no affiliation.

I don't know what they are talking about - I must be getting old.

Edited by 200p

So this video is just some loaded knob showing off his flashy house?

Good luck with the heating bills, including heating the pool. I also note his flashy rear balcony looks right down over his neighbours gardens. How nice for their privacy. I bet they love their new resident.

/rant

Yeah, but I think he can afford it. I don't know how old he is maybe he is 24 or 25? But I hope it gives some people the motivation and to go and do something.

I posted about BID TV (Shopping TV channel) going under the other day, and Greg Scott said a lot of people have lost a comforting voice in their home, even though they might not buy anything. They have the channel on in the house in the background. People will watch this kind of stuff, and people (who don't have to work or can't work, think about high youth unemployment, stay at home parents, those who are retired) have time to kill, and will revisit people who have lots to say and provide escapism.

Edited by 200p

Generation Z

I am 34 and stuck in the middle, but I am hopeful for the generations after me.

I found this on the internet;

generation_z_comment_02.jpg

generation%205.JPG

Edited by 200p

I reckon 1m subscribers = £1m at some point. Here's Zoella with nearly 5m subscribers,

You may be in the ball park.

Looking at Zoella she doesn't get 5 million views per video. So one subscriber is not worth a view but some lesser percentage. A million views is worth around a thousand dollars in revenue and a video is quickly into long-tail territory after publishing. Obviously a subscriber may watch more than 1 video and having a lot of subscribers does create a network effect.

The Syndicate Project has 2600 videos on YT so even the long tail will bring in significant revenue each month. Lets say 2500 videos with an average of half a million views, he could have made over a $1million out of YT videos and perhaps more. Zoella may have cleared in the $100k range. To date.

Even if they stopped publishing Zoella may be clearing close to minimum wage each month.

Edited by davidg

Well don't shoot the messenger, I speak the truth. Go out there and produce a passive income asset. This is what Generation-z are doing to escape the zero hour contract, bankster / NIMBY ruling class minimum wage prison.

The next generation of politicians will win their campaign though accessibility, charisma and likability. And this war will be waged on the Internet via smartphones. I am surprised there isn't a politician who runs a daily video log, although they do use Twitter. Think Tony Blair, the return Part 2!

JurassicPark125.jpeg

The plight of Generation-Z. "Life will find a way" as Jeff Goldblum eloquently said. I reckon 1m subscribers = £1m at some point. Remember a passive income asset produces income even when you sleep. Sure it is anecdotal, but like the discovery of penicillin, I am seeing non-correlated tangible evidence that should get people to sit up and notice something. They started to use penicillin in World War 2 way before the randomised double blind trials were complete as the results were eye opening. I am not going to say it is going to work for everyone as you have to start with an idea, but you never know....

Here's Zoella with nearly 5m subscribers, you don't have to play games or be a male to make it. Feel free to watch the video - I have no affiliation.

How is running a (usually pop-culture-heavy) vlog "a passive income"? You need to be regularly churning out videos at a high rate to keep your subscribers amused, and the content will age quickly if you refer to a lot of current trends like films/TV/music/fashion/internet memes. Even hairstyles and slang will date quickly.

How is running a (usually pop-culture-heavy) vlog "a passive income"? You need to be regularly churning out videos at a high rate to keep your subscribers amused, and the content will age quickly if you refer to a lot of current trends like films/TV/music/fashion/internet memes. Even hairstyles and slang will date quickly.

Don't be silly, it's not work, they just turn on a camera and that's how fun their lives actually are! :D

Everyone else's life better than yours
12-05-14

YOUR life really is not as good as that of any other human, experts have confirmed.

beach250.jpg

It’s all very special and amazing

Researchers into quality of life found that the depiction of other people’s existences on social media and in celebrity news media was entirely representative of their amazingness.

Professor Henry Brubaker of the Institute for Studies said: “You might think these things are contrived for maximum impressiveness, but everyone else is genuinely having a great time, all of the time.

“Beside having fulfilling and well-paid jobs, loving families and fascinatingly varied sex lives, the things they get up to are just such a laugh.

“For example, last weekend while shopping at a charming flea market in Amsterdam, marketing executive Tom Logan and his attractive girlfriend found these old security guard hats.

“They wore them all day as they cycled around the city’s historic attractions on vintage bikes, like a pair of sexy comedy characters.

“Then they had a massive dinner.”

Professor Brubaker also highlighted 28-year-old Emma Bradford, whose Twitter profile describes her as ‘mother, teacher, cupcake evangelist’.

He said: “That’s two proper things followed by an amusingly light-hearted thing. She doesn’t take herself too seriously because the various brilliant aspects of her personality are perfectly balanced.

“In conclusion, life is like an amazing non-stop party that’s going on in the room next door. You can hear the muffled sounds of laughter, but the door is always locked.

“Probably the best thing is to kill yourself.”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/everyone-elses-life-better-than-yours-2014051286439

At some point the internet advertising bubble will pop spectacularly.

Ever bought anything from a sponsored link or paid click-thru?

Me neither.

At some point the internet advertising bubble will pop spectacularly.

Ever bought anything from a sponsored link or paid click-thru?

Me neither.

I haven't. Nor have I ever bought anything from a TV shopping channel, but other people... Oh, wait.

Didn't Peter Simon used to loiter round someone on here's local filling station, like Alan Partridge, hoping to get recognised?

Didn't Peter Simon used to loiter round someone on here's local filling station, like Alan Partridge, hoping to get recognised?

You are referring to theboltonfury, no longer of this parish.

Speaking of which I saw Les Dennis in the pub today. Same sort of parish as TBF's tales.

JurassicPark125.jpeg

Who wastes their time watching this stuff?

Are they 12?

Are they all chinese/asian people that just like looking at white people? There doesnt seem much of a market for non-whites to post this drivel and get viewed.